“Lovely Grounds, Friendly Place”
Review of Trident, Agra

Trident, Agra
Ranked #2 of 143 Hotels in Agra
Wayne, IL
“Lovely Grounds, Friendly Place”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We loved staying here for 2 nights visiting the sights in Agra. The staff are wonderful and the rooms are extremely comfortable. Although there is no free wifi, we were able to access free computers in the business center. The pool was lovely and very clean. The grounds were very nice to explore. The ONLY negative I can comment about was the rubber bath mats - when I picked them up to reposition them, there was gross mold/mildew on the bottom. In retrospect I should have asked the staff to simply remove them. Such a small detail but it sticks in my mind. There is no elevator which didn't bother us but may be an issue for some. The food in the restaurant was wonderful and the staff were most gracious and attentive. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There is no bad location! If you have trouble walking up stairs request a ground floor room as there...
1 Thank annmarz
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your detailed review about your experience at Trident, Agra.

It is so special to know that you found the staff “gracious and attentive”. I will personally pass on your appreciation to everyone. Our Chefs will be ecstatic to know your comments on the food.

The lush green gardens at Trident create a beautiful serene ambiance which is one of the things our guests love the most about their stay. I am glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy the gardens and the pool

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you with the bath tub mats. . I have no excuses to offer, but certainly believe that we have not been able to fulfill the promised experience on this occasion. I have addressed this matter with the team and assure you that all internal procedures have been strengthened and emphasized to avoid any recurrence.

We would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of being of service to you during your recent visit to Agra and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Trident, Agra in the near future.

Vishal Bharti

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (494)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
rome
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Trident Agra is a very nice hotel in an excelent position for visiting the Taj Mahal and the Fort. It has a nice swimming pool, the rooms are spacious, confortabile and clean, the food in general (and breakfast in particular!) is excelent, and the staff is incredibly kind and helpful. Definitely the place to stay in Agra!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking time to share the details of your experience.

I am so happy to know that you had a wonderful stay and were completely charmed by the location of the hotel.

It is so important that we make the guests feel at home with a lovely meal and the Kitchen team surely did me proud by offering you excellent tasting breakfast.

A comfortable room is the most important element in the overall experience and makes a huge difference to the guest' stay. Thank you for letting us know that you were satisfied with the room product and found it very comfortable.

I am delighted to note that you found the people and location great, and services to be excellent. Thank you for your encouraging and kind words of praise for our hotel, facilities and food and services.

I truly appreciate your recognition of the service from the team who are the heart and soul of this hotel. I have conveyed your gracious comments to the entire team, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

We are proud to have a Trident ambassador in you and look forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

This hotel is one of the best i have stayed in. The rooms are quite large and very clean. The service is exceptional and the ambiance is very tasteful. The dinner buffet was a little disappointing because the spread was very small. But despite that I give this hotel an excellent rating due to the high standards it maintains in both quality and service

Dear Guest,

It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us during your recent visit to Agra.

I am proud to be working with a team of fantastic individuals who with their tremendous commitment to quality service create unforgettable experiences for all our guests. It is so special to know that you found the service to be “exceptional” and ambiance to be “tasteful”.

I regret you were disappointed with the dinner buffet spread. We have noted your feedback on less number of available choices and would like to thank you for sharing your feedback. I will certainly consider the same and discuss with our Executive Chef and review it.

It is our continuous endeavor to ensure that every guest leaves as an ambassador of our product and services. We are delighted to note that our services and product were to your satisfaction.

Thank you once again for your recognition and we hope to have the pleasure of your continued visits to our hotel.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed at Trident for a night. It's located near to Taj Mahal. The hotel also offer great breakfast and service was good. There's a small bookstore within the hotel which sells nice books and souvenirs. We had dinner at the hotel. Food wise, it wasn't fantastic but it was fine. Overall, we had wonderful experience at the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review us on Trip Advisor and also for posting your feedback.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you and we are delighted to read that you had an overall wonderful experience. We are happy to learn from your feedback that you found the service to be good and breakfast to be great. Thank you indeed for this compliment !

We are delighted to learn that you found our facilities, product and food to your satisfaction.

At Trident, Agra we endeavor to be consistent in ensuring that we deliver excellent service. It is feedback such as yours, which helps us to continuously introspect and find permanent solutions and goes a long way in helping us improve our services. I thank you once again for your time.

We do hope that Trident, Agra remains your preferred hotel on all your future visits to Agra. We look forward to the delight of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

we stayed at the TRIDENT, Agra for 2 nights to celebrate a birthday and make use of the long weekend..although i must admit the hotel was not my first choice..however, we were not disappointed even one bit!..the hotel is well maintained and the service is top notch..always there but not too obtrusive..
my daughter had a lovely time at the KIDS Club, which kept her busy all through the day.Kudos to the ladies at the Kiddies Club who do such a fine job!.. A walk around the greens of the hotel is highly recommended. The pool although not huge, is good enough for a swim and some frolic!.. There is only one restaurant inhouse, and we had a meal there. The food was good (not excellent may be..but overpriced!) and the guys did a pretty good job even though the restaurant was pretty full.
The hotel also stocks tickets for the Taj Mahal saving you the trouble for queing up for them at site. Agra otherwise may not be really a clean city, but the hotel is certainly an OASIS in the city..
Overall, we had a lovely stay and carried back with us fond memories of the place..
Keep up the good work guys!

1 Thank bijayanand
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback of your stay on Trip Advisor.

All of us are delighted to read your review on your experience at Trident, Agra.

We are a family friendly hotel and looking after the kids is high on priority for us. I will pass on your excellent feedback to team at Kids Club for organizing interesting activities for your daughter and for taking good care of her.

The beautiful gardens are the soul of our hotel. I am so glad to know that you appreciated spending time in the gardens and at the pool. Thank you for sharing with us that you found the property very clean and well maintained. Our guests often mention that the hotel is like an 'oasis'. It is very special to know this from you as well.

I regret you found the food prices to be high. We endeavor to keep our prices in line with similar hotels in the city, however based on your feedback we shall relook at the prices once we review the same. I am sure there are opportunities for us to improve and we will continue to analyze our process of service delivery and guest feedback to come up with innovative ideas to do so. Feedback from patrons like you drives us to stay focused on this critical aspect.

I hope that our distinctive service will tempt you to return and stay at one of the many excellent Trident Hotels in the future

New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed August 14, 2013

i stayed here for two days. Very close to "Taj mahal". pool is really nice. rooms are well maintained. Staff is very friendly,active and helpful. Can play table tennis in the evening and a nice walk after dinner is very much recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sumeet S
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor with regards to your recent stay at Trident, Agra.

I am most delighted to read your generous praise of the hotel and our staff.

Our exemplary staff is trained to anticipate guest needs and deliver the same for a memorable experience

I am delighted to read your comments and will share the same with all members of the team especially Housekeeping who would be happy to know that their efforts were so well appreciated.

Thank you for the special mention of the location advantage of the hotel.

I hope that our distinctive service will tempt you to return and stay at one of the many excellent Oberoi Hotels & Resorts in the future

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I travelled to agra on 9th August 13 and booked 2 rooms at the Trident . Right from the time of checkin we had a wonderful experience at the Hotel . Even the smallest details were taken care of like providing adjoining interlocking rooms . The Kids room facility is wonderful and the employee are very courteous . But the best thing was the Food and a special mention for Chef Ashutosh who took care of guest like people do in their own homes . Thank you all for a very memorable and pleasent stay .........

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we appreciate you sparing time and posting a review on Trip Advisor.

It’s a pleasure to know that you had a wonderful experience and the rooms were to your satisfaction. Also I would like to thank you for the special mention of the food at the restaurant.

Special touches and insightful service have a huge impact on the overall experience and I am delighted to know that Ashutosh was able to create a impression on you with thoughtful gestures and anticipative service. It feels great to work with such incredibly caring and talented gentleman.

It will be my pleasure to share your generous comments with him and I am sure he will be delighted to receive such generous appreciation.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Agra and every endeavor will be made to ensure that Trident becomes your home when visiting this city and assure you of the best of Trident hospitality.