“Good but not great”

Ranked #2 of 143 Hotels in Agra
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Good but not great”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed there for two nights after staying at Trident Jaipur for 3 nights. We were completely satisfied with stay at Trident Jaipur but in comparison to that we found Trident Agra - little worn out, lacking some amenities and not quite up to the Trident Standard. The grounds are nice and well kept but hotel interior and rooms appear dated. Our rooms missed hair drier which was provided on request but at claimed five (or 4.5) star level those things are standard. On the breakfast buffet the food variety was lesser and custom items were not offered. Overall we felt that the hotel is more closer to 3.5 star hotel like holiday inn or Hampton inn rather than 4.5 star hotel. The staff was polite, prompt and courteous.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us in July 2013. Thank you for sparing your time for updating your experience on Trip Advisor.

Your constructive feedback regarding the staff is invaluable and much appreciated and put to good use as we strive to provide impeccable service ensuring a memorable experience. It is so special to know that you found the staff “polite, prompt and courteous”. I will personally pass on your appreciation to everyone.

At Trident, Agra we are committed to providing our guests with the highest quality of service and it is appreciation such as yours which keeps us motivated and helps us in delivering our best.

The lush green gardens at Trident create a beautiful serene ambience which is one of the things our guests love the most about their stay. I am glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy the gardens.

With regards to your feedback on our product, I am pleased to inform you that we have renovated public areas of the hotel like the lobby, bar and restaurant in the near past and are looking at renovating a section of the hotel’s bedrooms in not too distant future.

It is with regret I read that we fell short to meet your expectation of food variety on breakfast buffet during your stay. Based on your feedback we shall relook at the buffet menu once the review of the same is conducted and make amends accordingly. May I please assure you that we will do our best to take care to improve!

I apologize for the missing hair dryer in your room and would request you to please treat this incident in isolation and non-representative of the Trident experience and give us another opportunity to make amends. The team and I shall ensure that you have a memorable stay with us.

I am sure there are opportunities for us to improve and we will continue to analyze our process of service delivery and guest feedback to come up with innovative ideas to do so. Feedback from patrons like you drives us to stay focused on this critical aspect.

We are all looking forward to welcome you back and to get another opportunity of creating wonderful experiences for you.

Vishal Bharti

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (494)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed here one night on a blistering hot summer day. As the monsoon hasn't quite engulfed Agra, we were subject to substantial heat. As such and in all fairness, we arrived at the hotel hot and suffering cases of Delhi Belly.

The grounds of the hotel were lovely. The interior garden and pool were especially pretty, though the pool temperature reflected the outside heat and did not provide any relief from the temperature.

We were placed in a room in a hallway under renovation, which wasn't the most pleasant as we awoke to noise and construction and had to walk over tarps and past construction workers as we came and went from our room.

The room itself was Ok. Nothing extravagant but clean. The bathroom was small and seemed slightly outdated. However, we did appreciate the glass shower door as it added an element of cleanliness and was a nice alternative to the shower curtains often found in some hotels. The room wasn't bad, it wasn't great, just average (by western standards). The TV had a nice selection of channels and the A/C was a welcome feature.

The real treat here was the restaraunt and the staff. The restaraunt boasted a large menu, the food quality was without a doubt fantastic, and the breakfast buffet was the one of the largest we'd ever seen (make your own omelettes, pancakes, tons of fruit, Etc). Front desk staff were equally welcoming and attending.

The hotel is close to the Taj, but is far enough that you can escape the amount of tourists and the accompanying hawkers that make Agra a bit uncomfortable.

All in all, a relaxing stay, certainly not bad, but average by western standards. We wouldn't be opposed to upgrading our next time in Agra.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank MushySuitcases
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Trident, Agra.

Our hotel is an oasis of lush green gardens and serene ambiance and it feels great when our guests acknowledge that this is what makes us special.

We are happy to note that you found our team welcoming and attending. It has always been our utmost focus to provide our guests with personalized service that meets high standards of hospitality and it is motivation from discerning guests such as you which encourages us to give our best. I have also shared your compliments on the pool and gardens with the Housekeeping team, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. Our chefs were also delighted to note that their efforts were so well appreciated.

Please also do accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience our renovation programme may have caused you. It has been our constant endeavour to ensure that we conduct all work in an unobtrusive manner. I have shared your feedback with the concerned department heads and shall continue to monitor this more closely.

We have also made a note of your comments on the rooms and sincerely appreciate your feedback.

Thank you once again for the special mention of the location advantage for our hotel.

My team and I hope to showcase an improvement on your next visit so that our hotel can become your preferred "home" in Agra!

New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed July 6, 2013

An unexpected excellence is always delightful. I made a weekend trip with my family to Agra (which I normally do 2 - 3 times in a year) to enjoy the beauty of Taj and a relax time with family and this time I tried Trident as my short abode. Normally I use to stay in other well known and old 5 star properties and was a bit worried on how Trident will treat me and my family and Woah!!! I had my best time at Trident. The stay was comfortable, the property not very big but the staff was marvelous. Such courtesy and personal touch in service,,,,was awesome. My kids enjoyed a lot in pool and kids area. The staff is always ready to give extra help. Greenery and nature walk with peacocks and ducks are worth spending time. Only one suggestion - Locating the hotel was a problem as not enough boards on roads were provided compared with other star properties.

1 Thank akki74
Dear Guest,

Thank you for a special review with great comments on your experience at Trident Agra.

I am happy to know that you appreciated the layout of the hotel, the gardens and the wonderful pool. It does feel like a sanctuary tucked away from the rush of the city. Ideal to relax and unwind!

I am proud to be working with a team of fantastic individuals who with their tremendous commitment to quality service create unforgettable experiences for all our guests. It is so special to know that you found the staff to be marvelous. Positive feedback such as yours is our biggest motivation and I will celebrate it with the entire team.

We are a family friendly hotel and looking after the kids is high on priority for us. I will pass on your excellent feedback to the kids club team for organizing interesting activities for your children and caring for them.

We are proud to have an ambassador of Trident Agra in you and eagerly await to welcome you back!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed at Trident last week and absolutely loved the service, food and the hospitality. Being Foodies, we were very impressed by the restaurant staff and how they truly have set the standards in the Hospitality industry.
We travelled with our baby and were highly impressed by how this guy Ashutosh in the Restaurant looked after us to make sure we enjoyed and had a great experience. The food taste, quality and service was really amazing. They even cooked some meals on our request outside the buffet menu for our baby, now that is truly going that extra mile.
Very impressed and certainly be staying at this place again for my next visit.. Thumbs Up to them and Highly Recommended!!

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to post a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

It was an absolute delight to have been of service to you.

Thank you for your wonderful words of appreciation and encouragement for our team. It is truly heartening to have our efforts recognized by you in such a manner. I shall share your compliments with the Executive Chef and the entire Food & Beverage Service team.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you and we are happy to read such a delightful review from you. Every guest is very special to us and it is our endeavor to make sure that they have a memorable experience. Your compliments will certainly act as a source of great motivation for all of us to strive even further for excellence.

Special touches and insightful service have a huge impact on the overall experience and I am delighted to know that Ashutosh was able to create a impression on you with thoughtful gestures and anticipative service. It feels great to work with such incredibly caring and talented gentleman.
It will be my pleasure to share your generous comments with him and I am sure he will be delighted to receive such generous appreciation.

We thank you for your recommendation and support and hope that Trident remains your preferred hotel on all your future visits to Agra.

Thank you once again for your recognition and we hope to have the pleasure of your continued visits to our hotel.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This was my second visit to the property in the last one year and I must say my expectations only go higher with every visit.The staff is extremely courteous and helpful and ensured that they make the stay a pleasent one.The weekend getaway package worked out well for the family - ample time to relax , engage the kids at the kids club and savour the awesome spread at the breakfast and the dinner buffets.The trip to Agra is certainly not complete without the Kachoris and the Aloo subzi which is a regular on the breakfast buffet. Amongst all the other properties which the group has in Jaipur , Udaipur etc - I will rate this to be the best !!!

The only dissapointment was the spa - the other hotels would not allow you if you are not a resident.I was told it would be opertaional soon - well..I hope real soon - already planning my next weekend getaway to Trident Agra!

Room Tip: Choose a pool facing room ! They are a priced a shade higher but worth it !!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your appreciative comments regarding your stay at Trident, Agra. We cannot thank you enough for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community.

We are overwhelmed with your wonderful words of appreciation and it is truly heartening to have our efforts recognized by you in such a manner. It is accolades likes this which help us in going a long way to ensure that we always keep our service standards as the best you will experience.

It is our endeavor to ensure that every guest leaves as an ambassador of our product and services. We are delighted to note that we have exceeded your expectations during your stay with us.

We look forward to the pleasure of your return and assuring you of our best service and attention at all times.

New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Hotel Has its FARMS House Attached with Ground its good to see natural beauty attached to 5 star hotel & KIDS CLUB is also WONDERFULL Rest u can see in our Photos MUST Recommend for families going with childrens

Room Tip: Cool stay with family. Must SEE hotels in Agra
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback of your stay on Trip Advisor.

All of us are delighted to read your review on your experience at Trident, Agra.

The lush green gardens at Trident, Agra create a beautiful serene ambience which is one of the things our guests love the most about their stay. I am glad to read that you too were pleased with the beautiful gardens.

We are a family friendly hotel and looking after the kids is high on priority for us. The generous appreciation you have bestowed upon us for the kids club is very special. I will share your comments with the entire team. Everyone will be delighted to receive your feedback.

We would be glad to have another opportunity to welcome you back.

I hope that our distinctive service will tempt you to return and stay at one of the many excellent Trident Hotels in the future

Gurgaon
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed at Trident Agra for 3 nights and enjoyed my stay very much. The hotel staff is very polite and helpful.Also the food quality is very gud. We also McD and Pizza hut at walking distance from our hotel.

Dear Guest,

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us.

We are delighted to learn that you found our service, product and food to your satisfaction.

We are committed to consistently providing efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgment is our greatest reward. We truly believe that people make our hotel special, giving it heart and soul. It will give me a great pleasure to share your compliments with the team - I know how much they will appreciate what you have said.

It is our endeavor to ensure that every guest leaves as an ambassador of our product and services. We are delighted to note that we have exceeded your expectations.

We eagerly await to having more opportunities to serve you and assure you of our best service and attention at all times.