3,269 results
All reviews kids club head chef magic show lovely hotel lovely pool an oasis executive chef swimming pool golden triangle stayed longer restaurant staff breakfast and dinner memorable stay red fort comfortable rooms indian food special thanks
Reviewed April 29, 2013

In a city that lacks basic infrastructure, this hotel(and the Taj Mahal) is the only respite. The hotel meets all the expectations of a 5 star(including an exhorbitantly priced resteraunt). The breakfast buffet however, at Rs 650 was reasonable and had a wide variety. The property is calm peaceful and buzzing with foreign tourists. The staff is courteous and helpful. The pool looks serene and inviting and the garden is the perfect place to take a walk. May I add I spotted a peacock prancing in the garden. The eastern gate of the Taj is just a 5 minute auto ride away from the Hotel, after which you need to take a battery operated vehicle to the Taj. A life saver at this property was the generator unit. Agra frequently faces power cuts which last for no lesser than 2 hours. At the trident we didn't have to worry about power-cuts at all.
All in all, a good place to stay for a couple of nights!

Room tip: The hotel Has only 2 floors. Pick a room facing the garden.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking time to review your experience.

I am delighted to know that you had an excellent stay.

I am glad to know that we lived up to your expectations and that you enjoyed the serenity of the hotel.

It is simply amazing to receive this appreciation from a seasoned traveler like you. I absolutely agree that I work with a team of excellent professionals who with their courteous and helpful service, care for guests that enhances the overall Trident experience.

Good that you had an opportunity to spend time at the poolside and just relax. It is serene and so beautiful and the ideal setting to unwind. All our guests love it!

Peacock - it is indeed a delight watching them elegantly stroll through our gardens. Sure you loved seeing them there!

Thank you for the special mention of the location advantage for our hotel.

At Trident, Agra, we endeavor to be consistent in ensuring that we deliver excellent service. It is feedback such as yours, which helps us to continuously introspect and find permanent solutions and goes a long way in helping us improve our services. I thank you once again for your time.

The team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you to Trident, during your next visit to Agra.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Most of people visiting Agra don't spend a night there as it's close to Delhi and it's possible to make it in one day. We decided to spend a weekend in Agra, as we wanted to relax a little. We chose another hotel, but we were sent to Trident due to some problems in the rooms.

Trident was a nice surprise with very helpful staff. We arrived early in the morning and although they couldn't give us a room right away, they kept our luggage and were very helpful with tickets to Taj Mahal and an English speaking guide. The guide was an official guide, he knew a lot of things about Taj Mahal and Agra Fort where we went afterwards. He gave us some advice if we wanted to go shopping, but didn't insist on visiting this or that shop (actually, we didn't visit any). And it was pretty cheap for a private guide for a half-day visit. So if you want one, you should ask at the reception in this hotel. As well, we got the shoecovers with our tickets to Taj in the hotel.

We had lunch and breakfast in the restaurant and both were really good. Maybe for western standards, the variety of food wasn't that big, but it was totally fine. You can have western food as well as Indian food here.

They also have a very nice swimming pool. It was clean and the water was amazing, especially in the morning before it gets too hot. During the weekend it's more crowded as many Indian families come here.

The rooms are pretty nice. Very clean and comfortable. The bed was soft and you can ask for foam pillows if you want. They have smoking and non-smoking rooms. However, smoking rooms don't have any special ventilation system, so it will be full of smoke if you smoke inside, as you cannot open the window. The good thing about the windows is that you cannot here ANYTHING from the outside. So it doesn't matter if your room is facing the swimming pool, you won't complain of noise. In general, this hotel is really quite, so if you want to relax, it's perfect. If you want something more lively, you should choose another hotel.

As for location, it's not far from Taj Mahal, but it's not within the walking distance, especially if you come from March to September, because it's really hot.

We liked it a lot, and if we go to Agra again, we will stay here.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

It was a delight having you stay with us during your recent visit to Agra.

Thank you for taking time to review us on Trip Advisor and for sharing your compliments of our product and service.

It is very encouraging to receive such appreciation and I will proudly share it with all the team members who contribute in creating beautiful experiences for our guests.

I am delighted to know that you were impressed with the friendly and helpful service delivered consistently throughout. I am proud of the team members for having made the time you spent with them a beautiful memory.

Chefs at Trident are grateful to you for your appreciation of food. Great to know that you liked the cuisine!
It is great to know that you found the rooms clean and comfortable and the soft beds were the most impressive.

Thank you so much for sharing the ultimate relaxing experience at the pool and that the clean and amazing water totally impressed you.

I am grateful to you for your encouraging comments on each aspect of your stay with us. This is a big motivation!

We are all thrilled to have a Trident ambassador in you and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Agra.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

After careful review of hotels in the Agra area comparing cost vs location vs safety here on TripAdvisor, we decided upon this hotel.

Coming from the train station, this hotel is a 10 to 15 minute taxi ride. It is not especially near or far from the Taj Mahal, which is the reason we were in Agra. The hotel seems to be out of the way a bit, but the other western style hotels are the same way.

We were allowed an early check in without any hassle or penalty; we were happy to receive this. After check in, the desk agent came along to show us the room; when we arrived, we found it to be a smoking, two twin bed room when we had reserved a nonsmoking king. We weren't too concerned with the bed situation, but the stale smoking smell was a deal breaker. I pointed it out to the agent and she told us it was a nonsmoking room. We then asked for another room, and she told us there was no more available. At this point, two housekeepers came in the room to spray a mild air freshener.

Another room then became open and we were shown to a nonsmoking, two twin bed room. This was good enough for us, so we settled on this. The room had a stale smell that reminded of a motel in the States, but compared to what we just had, this would suffice.

Unusual for a hotel/motel, the rooms were completely carpet-less. The window didn't open, I was sad to find out.

The bathroom was surprisingly great. There was a tub/shower combo with great amenities. The shower sprayer had multiple settings, my favorite of which was called something like 'soft water'. The water pressure was excellent and we never ran out of hot water.

The beds were soft by Indian standards; hard by US standards, but we were so tired we didn't care!

There is a pool, but we did not use it. We didn't have breakfast here or park a vehicle, so I can't remark on these aspects.

Overall, it reminded me of a well kept, well decorated motel in the US. Given the location of Agra, it was a good value for the money and would recommend it to others.

Date of stay: April 2013
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us during your visit to Agra in April 2013.

We thank you for taking time to post your comments with the Trip Advisor Community and are happy to read your positive review on our check in process. I would also like to thank you for the special mention that you found the hotel “good value for the money”.

Thank you for your compliments on our guest bathrooms. Bathrooms in our guest rooms are really charming and compact with shower and bathtub.

Please do accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused during your last stay with us. I have no excuses to offer but certainly believe that we have failed to provide you the service expected of us and not been able to fulfill the promised experience on this occasion.

May I please assure you that I have shared your feedback not only at the Head of Department level, but also with the team members so that we can all collectively learn from this.

I thank you once again for your time and the recommendation and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

This hotel is not an ultra luxurious palace, but it is a good, clean safe hotel ideal for a short stay.

The rooms are comfortable and the bathrooms well equipped.

The food was also good, the hotel uses treated water so the food is as safe as anything you will find.

Room tip: No lift, so if you cant manage stairs get a ground floor room.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your experience at Trident, Agra on Trip Advisor and for appreciating the product and food.

It’s a delight to read your positive review of our product, food and facilities. It would be a pleasure to share your encouraging feedback with the entire team at Trident, Agra.

A comfortable room is the most important element in the overall experience and makes a huge difference to the guest' stay. Thank you for letting us know that you were satisfied with the room product and found it very comfortable.

It’s a pleasure to know that the food and overall experience was to your satisfaction.

Thank you once again for your recognition and we hope to have the pleasure of your continued visits to our hotel.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

After a long bus ride from Jaipur, this was a great place to rest for two nights. My room was excellent--clean and comfortable. My room faced the pool, and, except for the pigeons, was a calming view amid the hubbub of life. The bar and restaurant were excellent. At dinner, we had an optional dessert of crepes which were outstanding. One surprise was when we went to sit outside and have a drink about dusk, the insect bombs went off and created a dense fog. We went back inside.

Room tip: I had to walk upstairs but I did not find it a problem at all. The incense smell in the morning was a bit strong.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking time to give feedback on your experience.

Relaxed environment, friendly and unobtrusive service and delectable cuisine makes a great holiday at a hotel and we are delighted on having been able to provide you with such an experience. I apologize that the birds disturbed you.

Your generous appreciation of all the aspects of the hotel including the rooms, bar and restaurant is very encouraging. I have personally shared your feedback about excellent crepes you enjoyed with the kitchen team and they are thrilled to receive it.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Agra and every endeavor will be made to ensure that Trident becomes your home when visiting this city.