“Pleasant Hotel”
Review of Trident, Agra

Trident, Agra
Ranked #3 of 147 Hotels in Agra
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night during our Golden Triangle tour. The hotel itself was pleasant, our room was a good size and well equipped. The hotel had a nice pool and the service at reception and in the bar was very good. The restaurant lacked atmosphere. The buffet was ok although my husband had an upset stomach after our stay. Our guide told us this was quite common for this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking time to review your experience.

It would be a pleasure to share your encouraging feedback with the entire team at Trident, Agra.

A well equipped room is the most important element in the overall experience and makes a huge difference to the guest' stay. Thank you for letting us know that you were satisfied with the room product and found it of good size.

We thank you for appreciating our service. Our Front office and Food and Beverage team are grateful to you for recognizing their efforts they had put in. The team is committed to quality service and it is recognition such as yours which inspires us to deliver our best.

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding the restaurant. I acknowledge your feedback and will take it further. I am confident that a decision will be made in this regard in the best interest of guests and keeping their convenience on priority.

I sincerely apologies for the health concern that happened after the stay. I have shared the feedback and addressed this matter with the kitchen team and assure you that I shall personally look into it to avoid any recurrence.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you and showcase the best of the Trident hospitality.

Vishal Bharti

Write a ReviewReviews (2,925)

Reviewed April 12, 2013

A nice hotel with clean, comfortable rooms. I only stayed overnight but arrived early. Checking in so early wasn't a problem and the room was ready. The hotel is very clean and easy to navigate. There is a beauty salon, book shop, jewellery shop and a business centre (with free Internet and 4 computers). The staff were all very friendly, even the gardeners. Everyone I encountered spoke to me.

The pool was nice. I hadn't expected to have any free time but it turned out I had a couple of hours free time in the afternoon before going to see the Taj Mahal at sunset. I had a refreshing dip in the pool and read on the lounger for a while. The pigeons and squirrels kept me amused with their antics! The pool is actually nicer than it looks on the website.

My room was a good size and looked out onto the garden. The water in the shower had good pressure and it was hot each time I took a shower.

I ate in the restaurant and was impressed to discover that the hotel grew it's own vegetables and used mineral water to wash the salad ingredients. The breakfast buffet was very good too, with a range of things to choose from. The head chef was out and about checking to see that everyone and everything was as it should be.

This was a good choice to stay for my visit to the Taj Mahal and I would recommend it to other travellers.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank KiwiThaiger

Dear Guest,

It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us during your recent visit to Agra in this April 2013.

I am delighted to note that you have left with a positive impression of the hotel and its services.
Guest feedback is integral to our hotel and we are delighted that you found the hotel and its services to your satisfaction. Your positive sentiments have been shared with the team.

It is our continuous endeavor to ensure that every guest leaves as an ambassador of our product and services. We are delighted to note that our food, services and product were to your satisfaction.

Relaxing in the beautiful gardens and spending few leisurely hours at the pool is a favorite with our guests. Thank you so much for acknowledging that you found the hotels pool refreshing.

I am happy to learn that the Chef’s did a justice in presenting the buffet spread for your meals. Your compliments have been shared with the entire team and in particular with Food & Beverage Production who were delighted to note that their efforts were so well recognized.
Thank you for recommending us and we eagerly await to having more opportunities to serve you.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Another above average hotel associated with the Trident chain. We stayed at this location as part of a tour with friendly planet. This hotel was, in general, better than the trident Jaipur. The rooms was quite reasonable, if a little warm, with most of the western amenities you would expect. You will need a two prong adapter if you wish to plug anything in. It’s the same adapter required pretty much anywhere in India. The buffet here was definitely above average. There was an egg/omelet station for breakfast and plenty of local fare, plus western-style food for those who are less adventurous. There is a nice pool in the center of the complex but, a word of warning. There are tons of flying, biting insects in the late afternoon moving into the evening. They actually fog the pool area with bug spray in the early evening. My girlfriend and I sat outside after a day of touring to have a drink. She obviously tastes better than I, but was ravaged on those areas not covered by clothing. These bites took several days to clear up and itched horribly. Don’t know what kind of bugs they had but they’re definitely industrial strength compared to what we see in good ‘ol Tennessee. The pool area wasn’t loud late at night so rooms overlooking the pool shouldn’t be avoided. We did have some laundry done at this hotel and the price was reasonable (~$35 for 15 pieces of laundry) and the clothes came back beautifully wrapped. Wifi was available (slow in the evenings when more people were trying to use it), average cost in most hotels was $12US a day. In room safe, mini-bar (expensive), and decent TV (watched the Cricket test between India and Australia all week, great stuff). I would stay at this hotel again if the situation ever arises that I find myself back in Agra.

Room Tip: Watch out for the bugs anywhere outside in the afternoon.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sparing your precious time to share your experience in detail on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to learn that you found our facilities, product, services and food to your satisfaction. Thank you indeed for such gracious feedback.

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you and we are happy to read your compliments for our staff.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you faced due to the insects at the bar terrace near the pool area. I acknowledge your feedback and will take it further. I am confident that a decision will be made in this regard in the best interest of guests and keeping their convenience on priority.

Feedback from patrons like you drives us to stay focused on this critical aspect.

We would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of being of service to you during your recent visit to Agra and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Trident, Agra in the near future.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This was a great hotel to use as a base from which to tour the Taj Mahal, Red Fort and unique artisans of Agra. The welcome, room, pool, breakfast buffet were great. Even with children around, the hotel is quiet. With a very late checkout (5pm), I was able to return from one tour, rest and rejuvenate for the next touring. Very comfortable. Most helpful staff, and excellent service recovery when there was a small hiccup. Well located and an oasis from the city.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AnitaASW
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor with regards to your recent stay at Trident, Agra.

Thank you for your generous praise for the team. It’s a pleasure to learn that you found the staff “helpful”.

Your compliments have been shared with the entire team and in particular with Food & Beverage Production, Horticulture and Housekeeping team, who were delighted to note that their efforts were so well recognized.

We are blessed with uniquely charming grounds and pool and our guests often mention that the hotel is like an 'oasis'. It is very special to know this from you as well.

I hope that our distinctive service will tempt you to return and stay at one of the many excellent Trident Hotels in the future

Reviewed April 9, 2013

The hotel location is perfect for the Taj Mahal and the Red Fort, Room size is adequate and
the furniture is good. The bed was large and firm but the pillows were the foam type and too soft for my liking. Neither bath robes nor slippers were provided. The bathroom sink tap is of a large size and located in the centre of the basin and it is very likely that you will bump your head on
it. The shower leaks a little onto the floor. No bathrobes or slippers were provided. Food quality was good especially scrambled eggs for breakfast. Evening meals also good. This hotel has a large garden with a swimming pool and sun loungers. Staff are pleasant but some are not very effective

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

The entire team joins me in thanking you for choosing Trident during your visit to Agra in May 2012.

It is our pleasure to be of service to you and we sincerely appreciate you sparing time and posting a review on Trip Advisor.

We sincerely thank you for your encouraging and kind words of praise for our product and food.

Your compliments have been shared with the entire kitchen team, who were delighted to note that their efforts were so well recognized. Your generous indication of our performance will be a source of great inspiration and will encourage us to strive for even higher standards of service.

We have noted your feedback on bathrobes, slippers and bathroom tap. Whilst apologizing sincerely for any inconvenience caused, we would also like to thank you for sharing your views.

We are blessed with uniquely charming grounds and pool. I am glad you had the opportunity to enjoy them.

At Trident, Agra, we endeavor to be consistent in ensuring that we deliver excellent service. It is feedback such as yours, which helps us to continuously introspect and find permanent solutions and goes a long way in helping us improve our services. I thank you once again for your time.

We value your support and do hope to have many more opportunities of welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Unfortunately we didn't stay long in this hotel. We arrived late afternoon from New Delhi and we were given a nice welcome drink and the next day we left the hotel for all the must see sights in Agra. The hotel is very kid- friendly and tries to accommodate what the children requires. They have free shows extended for the kids everyday and during our visit they had a traditional puppet show which our kids enjoyed.

The beds were not as comfortable and kids just didn't sleep well and were constantly scratching during the night. Which the hotel could look into if beds has been there for a few years. Oth than this, pretty good.

Kids club is available, but again our kids didn't get to enjoy much because of limited time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank moverskami

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing o stay at Trident, Agra and for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback!

The team and I are delighted to know that you had an overall good stay and were thoroughly impressed with the activities organized for kids at the hotel.

We have noted your comments on the beds and would like to apologize sincerely for the inconveniences caused. I have shared your feedback with the Housekeeping team and we shall take steps so that you are comfortable during your future stays with us.

My team and I look forward to your continued visits to Trident, Agra. We take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Excellent stay in finest properties of trident group ; so nice staff, with all delicacies of food, and a comfortable stay, such a economical package, worth staying here ..., a good part, entertainment and fun zone for children to enjoy their holidays ...

Room Tip: Go for a Pool view room, or else go for a suite room ...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bpls
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for taking time to give a review of your experience.

I am so happy to know that you had a wonderful stay and were thoroughly impressed with the setting of the hotel and quality of accommodation and service.

Your comments on the food and service are very encouraging. I have shared them with the team and they are thrilled!

There is nothing more rewarding than positive feedback such as yours and we are all excited now to do better on your next visit.

I hope that our distinctive service will tempt you to return and stay at one of the many excellent Oberoi Hotels & Resorts in the future