“A haven in a chaotic city”
Review of Trident, Agra

Trident, Agra
Ranked #2 of 144 Hotels in Agra
London
“A haven in a chaotic city”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed as a group of three adults (a twin room and a double, single occupancy) in late March. Overall our stay was very good. The hotel is about a UK 4 star rating, maybe a touch higher.

I’ve stayed in several hotels in Agra previously and this is my favourite so far. The price is a little steep but you get a very comfortable stay with attentive staff and access to a good restaurant, bar and so on. The Taj Mahal ticket isn’t that far away (maybe five minutes or so by car) and really that’s what most people are in Agra for. The food was very good (not much cheaper than the UK though, budget accordingly) and I give extra credit for the staff who made our stay effortless. If you’ve never been to India before then you won’t yet appreciate how little there is stress free!

The only negative for us was the lack of free wi-fi although you can use the business centre computers for free.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for an amazing review.

I appreciate you taking time to review your experience at Trident Agra. I am extremely happy to know that you had a great time with us and have taken back good memories.

I will share your feedback with the entire team who enhanced your experience with great attention and superlative service. I am proud to be working with such fine professionals.

Our culinary team will be delighted with your compliments on the food. They work very hard to create finest of dishes for the guests and such positive feedback means a lot to them.

With regards to your comments on wifi charges, may I request you to please contact me whenever you plan your next visit to Agra. I would be happy to work out a special rate for you which will include internet.

We are all looking forward to welcome you back and assure you that we will spare no efforts to even better your last experience.

Vishal Bharti

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (491)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the Trident Agra recently one of 4 hotels used during our 10 day travels in North India. It was the only Hotel that greeted us with a welcome drink on arrival and the staff went out of their way to make us feel special. The reception and the restaurant staff were very helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The restaurant buffet as well as the a la carte menu was excellent and reasonably priced. The so called "Western" dishes such as the steak I had on the advice of the restaurant manager was done exactly as I wanted and good value for money. Hotel location and ambience was very good. While there was a charge for WiFi, the business centre provided free internet access. The staff refused to accept a gratuity as was the hotel policy, and asked me to put it in the box provided at the reception.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us during your recent visit to Agra in this March 2013.

I am proud to be working with a team of fantastic individuals who with their tremendous commitment to quality service create unforgettable experiences for all our guests. It is so special to know that you found the staff “helpful”.

Thank you for your compliments on the quality of room and food and beverage experience. I will personally pass on your appreciation to everyone.

Thank you indeed for such gracious feedback. Your words of appreciation will go a long way to motivate us to continue to deliver a high level of service to our guests.

Thank you for appreciating the centralized gratuity policy at Trident Hotels. We understand that it plays a big role in making the guest experience hassle free.

Please do give us another opportunity to welcome you on your next visit to Agra.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I had stayed in Trident some 12 years back & since then it has become integral part of my family vacation. to start with, the Huge guy on the gate would give you genuine Smile bigger than his size & is very polite courteous that would take away your travel fatigue. Hotel staff is very very polite,courteous & helpful, which is branding of Oberoi's. Food is good & so are rooms. staff at kids activities keeps your kids busy with interesting activities. I have stayed more than 6 times in last 12 years. whenever reference of Agra is there Only Trident comes to my mind which has become Home away from Home for me.

Room Tip: you can check Agra Cantt. chinese Van (well built tough Guy : owner, who is very polite & helpfu...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank RaviDua
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for a wonderful review. It is great to have you as an ambassador of Trident, Agra experience.

Feedback like yours is so inspirational. It is the biggest reward for all our efforts towards creating memories for our guests. I will share your comments with each and every member of the team and I am sure they will be thrilled to receive such generous appreciation.

Our culinary and housekeeping team will be delighted with your compliments on the food and the rooms. They work very hard to create finest of dishes and clean and comfortable rooms for the guests and such positive feedback means a lot to them.

There is nothing more rewarding than positive feedback such as yours and we are all excited now to do better on your next visit. We will not spare any efforts to further improve upon the 'Home away from Home' experience you associate us with.

Please plan another holiday with us soon. We look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stayed here 2 nights as part of a tour. Good location close to the Taj Mahal.
The breakfast at the restaurant was good, I didn't eat there at all for lunch or dinner though.
The room was nice and clean. The bed was comfortable. Overall seems like a pretty well run hotel.

There is a McDonalds 1 short block away from this hotel that we decided to go and get ice cream at, but I would recommend others that want to leave the hotel and explore to do so in a group if possible. My husband and I were followed for about 20 minutes by a group of 4 men who jumped into a truck and drove off once we returned to the safety of our gate at the Trident. Our guide said it was okay to go out and walk around, but I certainly felt that we were a target.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Trident on your trip to Agra and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

The team and I are delighted to know that you had an overall good stay and were thoroughly impressed with the setting and location of the property and quality of accommodation and service.

A comfortable room is the most important element in the overall experience and makes a huge difference to the guest' stay. Thank you for letting us know that you were satisfied with the room product and found it very comfortable.

We would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of being of service to you during your recent visit to Agra and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Trident, Agra in the near future.

Kent
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This hotel is set in beautiful gardens that are extremely well maintained. The lobby area is expansive and pleasant and the rooms (although a little dated) are comfortable, with room safe and modern flat screen TV, coffe making facilities etc.

The swimming pool is inviting - although there is no shower at poolside to use pre and post pool usage.

We stayed here for 2 nights - the buffet dinners were quite varied and appetising. The breakfast buffet was also quite varied and nicely laid out.

There are a couple of negative things about this hotel
* the bar service is slow -- this hotel suffers a little from the Indian service provider's stock phrase 'It's just coming'...........a bit like 'manana' in Spain!!
* the outside area by the bar / restaurant is a lovely place to sit for a pre/post dinner drink -- unfortunately there are too few tables and chairs and on our second evening we had no choice but to take our drinks to a bench at the other side of the swimming pool
* the pool area has too few sun loungers and there was a scramble for vacant sun loungers at times.
* the WiFi is chargeable -- and it is not clear from the Terms and Conditions that (for example) if you purchase 1 hour's use, the usage must be used in one go ------ I did mention this when checking out and the cashier waived the charge for a 30 minute use time that I had purchased

I did like this hotel -- it could be better if it sharpened its service culture -- the staff are friendly(ish) and quite charming ---- but I would prefer less charm and more 'service'.

I would stay here again though.

Room Tip: Avoid the outside bar area when the staff are mosquito spraying (around 6pm) -- it's like a Lond...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you during your stay with us in January 2013 and also for sharing your compliments on Trip Advisor.

I am happy to know that you had a good overall stay and appreciated the layout of the hotel and quality of food and choices available for breakfast and dinner.

We are recognized for our service culture and are disheartened to know that our service at the bar could not reach your expectations. Please allow me to assure you that I have shared your feedback with the concerned department heads and necessary corrective action will be put into place in this regard.

With regards to your feedback on the rooms, I am pleased to inform you that we will be undertaking a section of the hotel’s bedrooms for renovation in not too distant future and these would be better suited for discerning travelers’ like you.

Regarding your comments on wifi charges, may I request you to please contact me whenever you plan your next visit to Agra. I would be happy to work out a special rate for you which will include internet.

As regards your feedback on our seating outside the bar, please do accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. May I assure you that we have noted your feedback and shall take necessary action keeping in mind the guest convenience.

We take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times. Also we thank you once again for your support and patronage and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service.

Hornchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed at the Trident for 1 night only and arrived just after lunch. The hotel staff were welcoming and showed us to our rooms. It was clean and comfortable. No carpets in the room, but we had our travelling slippers, so no problem. Didn't see any lifts, had a good bookshop in the hotel. Restaurant very good, buffet food was good, lots of variety. However, it was cheaper for us to order from the menu rather than the buffet, but we didn't know that. It was the perfect location for the Taj Mahal.

Room Tip: If you are going to eat at the restaurant, I would suggest you look at the buffet selection and then...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Suzy2203
Dear Guest,

Your recognition of our staff as ‘welcoming’ is indeed heart-warming. It is truly heartening to have our efforts recognized by you in such a manner and I am particularly pleased to read your compliments for our team members that contributed to your impression.

I have conveyed your gracious comments to the entire team, who were delighted to note that they have exceeded your expectations. At Trident, it is our utmost focus to provide our guests with personalized services and facilities which meets high standards of hospitality and it is truly heartening to have our efforts recognized by you in such a manner.

We thank you for appreciating our product, staff and food. Your compliments on our food has also been shared with the entire Food & Beverage Production team for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. The team is committed to quality service and it is recognition such as yours which inspires us to deliver our best.

I thank you once again for your appreciative feedback for the location advantage for our hotel and look forward to the delight of having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great location - almost walking distance to the Taj Mahal if you're feeling energetic! And a lovely respite from the busy town - you walk in and see the lovely, big pool and beautiful gardens with hammocks and shade to rest in. Breakfast was excellent, great choice. Nice shops in the hotel.

The only let down was the service. It took them 30mins to check us in, and then they showed us to a room with 2 single beds claiming it was the only available room. When we asked for either the double we had booked or a discount they found a double room just next door! Rooms were clean but basic, which was fine for 1 night.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review us on Trip Advisor and also for posting your feedback.

We are blessed with uniquely charming grounds and pool and our guests often mention that the hotel is like an 'oasis'. It is very special to know this from you as well.

I am happy to know that you had a good overall stay and appreciated the layout of the hotel and quality of food and choices available for breakfast.Our culinary team is most happy to have served you. This definitely helps us and our teams to stay motivated.

Please accept my sincere apologies about the incidents you've highlighted in your review.

I would like to apologize most sincerely for the way your check in and room allocation was handled. I have no excuses to offer, but certainly believe that we have failed to provide you the service expected of us. I have addressed this matter with the team and assure you that all internal procedures have been strengthened and emphasized to avoid any recurrence.

With regards to your feedback on our rooms, I am pleased to inform you that we have renovated public areas of the hotel in the near past and are looking at renovating a section of the hotel’s bedrooms which are better suited for discerning travelers’ like you.

At Trident, Agra, we endeavor to be consistent in ensuring that we deliver excellent service. It is feedback such as yours, which helps us to continuously introspect and find permanent solutions and goes a long way in helping us improve our services. I thank you once again for your time.

My team and I look forward to your continued visits to Trident, Agra. We take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times.