3,173 results
All reviewskids clubhead chefmagic showlovely hotelan oasislovely poolexecutive chefswimming poolgolden trianglestayed longerrestaurant staffdinner buffetmemorable stayred fortindian foodspecial thankscourteous staff
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I stayed here as new year trip involving multiple cities. I have stayed in trident properties before and over a period of time have come to expect very high standards from this Oberoi group hotel chain. We faced issues which were quite disturbing like an over flowing toilet ( could be a freak incident ) but somehow it points towards maintenance. The worst was when duly informed to the hotel staff but upon returning in the evening the toilet was not even properly cleaned and the room was in an unkempt state ( e.g - the cloth used to dust and clean the room carelessly lying about on the table, among many other things ). Upon taking it up with the hotel staff very strongly, everyone was very apologetic and to make it up hosted the dinner for us in the evening. One's experience of a good hotel is less about fancy rooms but more to do with the staff and trident has among the best. What this particular property requires is to sharpen up their act and live up-to the standards that they are known for. A lot of areas need to be improved upon (e.g - incomplete breakfast tray, Strange arrival welcome in the hotel, late response to service calls - once even half an hour !! etc.. ).
The hotel is close to the Taj and is a calm and serene place to stay. Overall a good hotel but the people running it need to shape up.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

Please do accept my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused. I understand that our Front Office Manager had an opportunity to speak to you regarding your concerns. We sincerely do hope that we have been able to resolve your concerns to your satisfaction.

The team at The Oberoi group is committed to quality service and your appreciation for our team members is truly rewarding.

As requested to you personally, please do contact me whenever you travel to Agra next. The team and I shall ensure that we serve you in the manner expected of us.

The team joins me in wishing you a Very Happy New Year.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We found this hotel thank to TripAdvisor reviews, as it didn't look very nice on the internet photos. We got a great price through despegar.con (expedia) and were not sure of what to expect. We were highly pleased!!! Could not be better!
It is a quiet, simple hotel, practically noiseless, with a lovely garden and a great service. Rooms were simple but spotless! Breakfast was simply amazing!!! and service was great! Everyone was nice, with excellent English skills and helpful. They have a tipping policy by which you leave the tips at the end of your stay, in a closed envelope at a front desk box. In that way, you don't have to give money all the time (which feels extremely relaxing, specially after touring around where everyone is asking for tips or trying to sell you something!!!)
It is a nice, simple but absolutely great hotel!!! Highly recommendable!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we thank you very much for sparing time and posting such gracious comments on Trip Advisor.

I have conveyed your compliments to the entire team, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

I am also happy to note that you found our service ‘the best’. It was a delight to have been of service to you.

We are grateful for your appreciation of the services provided by the team. Your words of appreciation will go a long way to motivate them to continue deliver the best service.

We sincerely appreciate your support and recommendation and take this opportunity to wish you a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed December 28, 2012

This hotel is old, the facilities are old and the rooms quite cold and uncomfortable. The beds are very uncomfortable. Food is mediocre.
The price are far too high for this quality, there is nothing enjoyable about this hotel except the vicinity to the Taj Mahal.

I would not recommend a stay here, the hotel is too old and needs a refurbishment.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Katherine M
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Agra.

We are disappointed to note that our product and food have not met your expectations. I have no excuses to offer, but certainly believe that we have failed to provide you the service expected of us and not been able to fulfill the promised experience on this occasion.

As you have mentioned, we have done major renovation in the public areas of the hotel like the lobby, bar and restaurant. We are looking at renovating the rooms in the not too distant future.

Please may I assure you that you views on the quality of food has been shared with the entire team.

Please may I request you to give us another opportunity. Please do contact me whenever you plan your next visit to our city. The team and I shall ensure a comfortable stay for you.

Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Service was amazing! Everyone in the hotel was willing to give us a hand and did so vet willingly. The restaurant was quite expensive but the included breakfast buffet was fabulous, everything you could possibly want! The rooms were simple, twin/ double beds with a television that shows a range of international channels and the bathroom was lovely. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sparing time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. We sincerely appreciate your time in sharing your experience at our hotel and its locational advantage.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you and we are happy to read such a delightful recommendation from you.

We are also pleased to note your compliments on our product and on your dining experience.

We look forward to the delight of welcoming you back to Trident Agra.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

The hotel upset me for a couple of reasons. We have 3 adults no problem paying extra for a third adult but they charged me 2500 for an extra bed. Everwhere else charges 1000 rupees they claim its due to high season yet no where on their website does it mention how much for an extra adult seems like a ripoff. Next little things are annoying me the batteries in the remote dont work the heater doesnt work needed to get a portable heater which at least they provided free on the plus location is good place is clean service is not good asked a few questions on checkin and they forgot to answer them overall i just expect more for the money and didnt get it will never plan on staying here again

• Stayed: December 2012
4  Thank CaliRite
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you also for taking time to write to me offline. We sincerely do hope that we have been able to resolve your concerns to your satisfaction.

I sincerely apologise once again for the way your visit was handled. I have no apologies to offer, but believe that we have failed to provide you the service expected of us.

As requested to you personally, please do contact me when ever you travel to Agra next. The team and I shall ensure that we serve you in the manner expected of us.

The team joins me in wishing you a Very Happy New Year.