“Nice Hotel for Family & Liesure”
Review of Trident, Agra

Trident, Agra
Ranked #2 of 142 Hotels in Agra
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I booked the Hotel directly by calling the Central Reservation and my experience was just wonderful. I took the Winter package where accompanying KIDS upto the age of 12 get a complementary Room. Therefore, I requested for a connected room and it was Guranteed at the time of Booking itself.

Upon arriving at the hotel, the checkin was smooth and the staff was very friendly. The hotel rooms were quite good with ethnic touch in Interiors. The stay was very comfortable.

The food was tasty, however, I found the Evening Buffet menu to be same for all 3 days I stayed. Though the food was fresh, but sometimes you get a feeling that they have served you the previous days food as there was no change in the Buffet Menu. Almost all the items were same. I found this to be a drawback as we were bound with the Winter Package which included the breakfast and Evening meals in it.

Though the service is good but it needs little improvement to match up all the other areas a hotel is famous for.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank RJ1970
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2011

Dear Guest,

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us and for sharing your experience at Trident, Agra on Trip Advisor .

We are happy to note that our services and facilities were to your satisfaction. It is our constant endeavour to deliver best services and it is appreciation and feedback such as yours which motivates the entire team to continue striving for excellence.

I have also shared your observation on the Buffet with our Chefs and I am confident that you will notice a marked change during your next stay with us.

I also look forward to the pleasure of meeting you.

If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

There are newer reviews for Trident, Agra

Reviewed August 18, 2011

It was a long weekend 13-15 august. We were five friends and along with families were 18 persons , 10 adults and 8 kids.
We had a lovely time at Trident Agra. We stayed for 3 days/2 nights. Rooms were very comfortable. The layout of the property was excellent. The pool was the highlight of the trip. We spent not less than 4 hours every day in the pool. It was very clean and in spite of rains dry hot towels were always available.
The staff was very courteous and whatever was promised at the time of negotiation was adhered to, in fact we got more than that.
The buffet spreads for breakfast/lunch/dinner was huge and very tasty. Only during breakfast there was some problem in service especially at omelet counter and also replenishment of finished items was taking a long time. Ala carte order was also not very costly; with each dish they gave complimentary Dal/vegetable and 1roti/bowl of rice.
The location of the hotel is also very good. One can actually walk down to TAJ(2.5 Kms) though we went by our bus. There is a mall about 200mtrs. From the hotel if u want Mcdonald and for some small purchases. Only suggestion is that though other for other properties in the vicinity like JP, Oberoi etc the number of direction boards are adequate for trident it is not so.
Overall an excellent stay

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SUSHOVAN S
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2011

Dear Guest,

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us and for sharing your experience at The Trident, Agra on Trip Advisor .

Please do accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused. I have shared your concerns not only at the Head of Department level, but also with the team members so that we can all collectively learn from this.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon

Warm Regards,

Reviewed August 18, 2011

The hotel was lovely; clean, very well appointed, comfortable and nice food. The staff were delightful and spoke excellent English. They are happy to arrange trips for you. Agra is rather noisy and dirty, but the hotel was a real oasis. The Taj is wonderful

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your appreciate comments regarding your stay at Trident, Agra and also for taking time to post a positive review of our hotel.

We are grateful for your support and patronage and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Yours Sincerly

Reviewed August 17, 2011

Stayed here for one night only, on a trip around the Golden Triangle. Had come directly from another Trident hotel, the one at Jaipur. Both were of an excellent standard, though the service crown must be given to the Jaipur one. I'm generally one to carry my own bags and do my own thing at the best of times, but I did notice some little differences around service levels. For example, in Jaipur, staff were hovering at the pool and if you ordered a beer they came back, poured it into a glass for you and took the bottle. In Agra, you had to wave over to them in their little hut, and they would leave you the bottle and glass to pour yourself. Just to be clear - I don't mind at all - but the Jaipur Trident really did have that 'make you feel like a king' aspect that I didn't notice in Agra.

The rooms were clean and spacious, aircon was good. Bed was good. Pool was nice, plenty of squirrels to watch playing on the lawn. Food was either a buffet or a la carte, I had the buffet which was quite nice.

This is one of the only places I've been (Jaipur the same) where you had to pay for wifi - most other places in my most recent 5 country jaunt seem to have moved on to a free wifi model. Hopefully they'll fix this soon.

Overall, a pleasant stay in a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your last stay with us.

Please do accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused. . I have shared your concerns not only at the Head of Department level, but also with the team members so that we can all collectively learn from this.

At Trident, Agra, we endeavour to be consistent in ensuring that we deliver excellent service. It is feedback such as yours, which helps us to continuously introspect and find permanent solutions and goes a long way in helping us improve our services.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience. My team and I hope to showcase an improvement on your next visit so that our hotel can become your preferred "home" in Agra.

I also look forward to the pleasure of meeting you and in Agra , if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed August 13, 2011

Very good hotel, near Taj Mahal. You can walk to Taj Mahal.
Breakfast and dinner was very good, buffet.
We are a family of 4 and had connecting rooms. The rooms were very clean.
Beds were good and the sheet very clean.
The pool was clean.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your appreciate comments regarding your stay at Trident Agra and also for taking time to post a positive review of our hotel.

I have conveyed your compliments to the Housekeeping team. The Chefs were also delighted to learn that their efforts were so well appreciated.

Yours Sincerly

Reviewed August 11, 2011

Great experience, and kids club was the best thing in this hotel. But location is not good almost at last of all hotels. Loved the playground, normally u dont get big playgrounds in hotels in india. Expensive food so go for bufet.

• Stayed: June 2011
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your appreciate comments regarding your stay at The Trident, Agra.

I have conveyed your compliments to our Kids club team. They were also delighted to learn that their efforts were so well appreciated.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 11, 2011

* Very courteous staff
* Very clean rooms
* Spacious rooms
* Only 2 km from the Taj Mahal

* Not inexpensive
* Pool closes early (6pm)
* Not that great a view from the garden-facing rooms
* Very near a market too

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple