“An overpriced deception”

Book In Advance
More Info
$49.00*
and up
Evening Tour of Mohabbat The Taj Show in Kalakriti Cultural and Convention...
Ranked #20 of 107 things to do in Agra
Tarragona, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“An overpriced deception”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We recently visited Agra and our tour guide suggested us to attend this show (as example of bollywood dancing). The show (in hindi with simultaneous pre-recorded translation) is OK regarding Indian clothing and garments, however dancers and actors are dreadful. In addition, our tour guide overpriced our tickets and we paid more than double price. Definitely not advisable.

Visited October 2012

• Polish first
Dallas, Texas
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Be CERTAIN Before you Purchase”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and I visited the Kalakriti store and received an excellent demonstration of the inlayed marble process. After the demonstration we were shown the inventory to purchase or custom build. The work is beautiful, but very expensive. Make sure all the details are written on your invoice clearly! While we were unsure, the salesmen convinced us that we could go home and determine exact dimensions and fit before the work would start. We took pictures and ultimately decided that our pre-purchase would not work. I emailed the salesman as well as the company contact address to tell them not to start work and that we would like our purchase credited back on our credit card. No answer for a week. On the 3rd email, a response that they agreed with me. Two more weeks and no credit. I finally thought to contact the general manager of the Oberio hotel we stayed. Thank goodness for Mr. Mahajan. He contacted Kalakriti and got everything moving. Within a day I my credit card was credited with the correct amount. Just another reason to stay at the Oberio Amarvilas hotel in Agra. I would never think of another hotel in Agra.

Kalakriti's merchandise is first class, but you pay for it and you better make sure you like it. We are very pleased with the items we purchased and kept. However, to my point of this review, you best be sure what you purchase as it will not be easy to get a refund. In our case we had no merchandise and it still took a month to get fixed and get my money back (and only with the help of the hotel we stayed). I cannot imagine how long it would take if we had to try and exchange something that we had received.

Visited September 2012
Barcelona, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Beware of the price!”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I went to this show with 5 friends dince our tour guide recommended it. We paid 3000 rupies/ person to sit in the second row (now we know that the price should have been 1200). The show is in bollywood style, with nice colours and fair choreography. However, dancers and actors are far less professional than one would expect paying this price. I do not recommend it for adults; in case you want to go, I suggest to buy cheaper tickets, and ask your tour guide to show them to you.

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Bollywood in Agra”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Definitely worth it! For the colours, the dances, the whole atmosphere. The love story of Shah Jahan and Mumtaz leading to the construction of the Taj. There are headsets for a translation of the dialogues. You can choose among more than 10 languages

Visited September 2012
New Delhi, India
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Live Show”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We went there to enjoy "Live Play - Mohabbat - E - Taj". The artists were awesome. The tickets are a little expensive but worth it. There were 90 % tourists in the theatre, actually that's the target audience. Headphones were availlable & attached to the seat, so that if you do not understand the language , you have options of getting translation in 9 different languages.

Visited December 2011