“10k from Taj”

Ranked #24 of 202 Agra B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“10k from Taj”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Clean and nicely appointed rooms. However location seems a bit isolated. A long walk to the ma'am road. To go to the Taj . . You need a driver because it is much more than 1.5k as on indicated on their web page. Owner has drivers pre organised for the benefit of guests. The price is right but my opinion is that one night in Agra is enough because other than tombs and more tombs, Agra does not have the same soul as Dehli. However the Sai is good for a good nights sleep and a good hot shower.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Polish first
Xinbei, Taiwan
Reviewed January 1, 2013

1.Rajiv, the owner of Sai Home Stay Bed & Breakfast, is a very nice man. Though the service policy I booked on booking.com only mentioned the free pick-up was from Agra fort Railway Station, Rajiv wrote an email to me and told me the driver could pick me up at Agra Cantt Station(it is farther from Sai). It really helped me a lot because I could have more choices to Agra from Delhi.
2.My wife and I stayed at Sai Home Stay for four nights. There we had dinners, really nice and cheap price.
3.All in all, We had a wonderful time during our staying there.
4.In Agra, You don’t need to book or reserve a whole-day car service. When you walk out the alley of Sai, you will easily find a lot of rickshaws, tuk-tuks or autos and you will have a good bargain.
1.我是在booking.com網站預定這家旅館,網站上只提到Agra Fort火車站的免費接車服務,但老闆Rajiv主動寫信告訴我,它可以派車到離他那兒更遠的Agra Cantt火車站來接我,這真是幫了我大忙,因為我有了更多的火車班次可以選擇。
2.Sai Home Stay的晚餐很可口,價格也比外面餐廳便宜。
3.在Agra,真的不需要包車,很不划算,因為走出旅館的巷子後,就可以看到許多三輪車和嘟嘟車,記得狠狠的殺價,一定很合算的。

Room Tip: Write an Email to Rajiv and ask for a better room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 張力
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed here for one night after deciding at the last minute to go to Agra from Delhi.
Instead of doing the day trip like most people, we thought we would stay over and see what Agra was like. Whilst we regretted that decision, we were very happy to have stayed at Sai Home Stay.

Walking in the front reception it looks a little run down, but this appears to be an attachment to the main house which is absolutely stunning. We were given the family room for the standard double price which we were most grateful for. The bathroom was huge, the main bedroom was very large and it had it's own private balcony. It also had a dining room separate from the bedrooms. As a travelling family, I would recommend this room for you. As a couple, it was just nice to have some space for a good price.

Agra is a difficult city and we found it hard to just 'go out' for dinner. We decided to eat at Sai and it was amazing! The food is exceptional, it is cheap and the eating areas are beautifully decorated.

If you do decide to stay over night in Agra, I recommend staying at Sai Home Stay and eating in the restaurant.

My only complaint is about the driver we had organised through the guest house. On the first day we had a wonderful driver who took us to the sights in Agra. But our driver who took us to Delhi was awful. We paid quite a lot of money for him yet he refused to listen when I told him to stop texting and talking on TWO mobile phones at the same time. He was swerving all over the road and would tell me to relax! I have been living in Delhi, I understand Indian driving, but this guy took it way too far. He also argued with me about the air conditioner, one minute he said it was free the next he said 300 rupees...then 100 rupees then 200 rupees. We gave him 200 rupees extra in the end. Make sure you don't book this driver!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ELAus
Nivelles, Belgium
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Hi,

I wanted to write this review mainly to reply to the one posted earlier stating the place and the people were horrible.

First of all, I found the owners incredibly welcoming, staying with me while I had lunch or dinner, inquiring about my plans for the days, giving me advices and just generally being great hosts !

The rooms were very clean, tidy, hot water was avalaible without problems, Tv was also available !! with a couple of english channels apart from the BBC !In other place I have stayed the BBC was the only channel available for non hindi speaker.

The most important point I want to make is that the dhals are NOT at 195 but 95 Rs ... I tried them myself for a couple of meals and paid that price.
The food was absolutely wonderful !! Honestly the best I have tasted in india so far ! I felt like being at home enjoying a family meal and not being in a restaurant with people bringing you your food like in other places. The owners also eat the same as you do so I can guarantee, the food is NOT pricey AT ALL for the quality and it is DELICIOUS !!! try the Lhassi !! wonderful !

I highly recommand this homestay, you will have a great time with friendly people, excellent location, and excellent service and food !! I had a wonderful stay !!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank jamy_nico
Shanghai, China
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The guesthouse was the cheapest but the most warm and one of the best during we traveled in India. The door of the guesthouse was too small to notice. But when we walked into the door, the boss welcomed us with smile just like my uncle.

We were shown to our room, a big and clean room, the furniture and decoration was very new. When we went downstairs, the breakfast was ready. We had breakfast in a little and lovely garden. The boss chatted with us just like friends. Notice, the breakfast was free because the room charge including breakfast, but the room charge was only Rs.1550 per night. I have to say it was well worth.

I love this guesthouse so much that I took many photoes to share. By the way, the food was very delicious, even the tableware was also very beautiful. I am sure the boss was a man love life.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HUILI_12
New Delhi, India
Reviewed November 2, 2012

stayed at this place on 3rd week of october..and i request others not to stay at that remote area..very awkward location..below standard food with extremely high price...for your convinience giving an example...1 plate dal fry--195 rs!!! can you imagine??? they serve aloo ka parantha without 'alu'!!! hope you understand!
but the rooms are good no doubt..but the owner the stuffs the service the food (have i missed anything?????) are of "below expectation level" quality

Room Tip: please dont book this one! and that tripadvisor award etc....don't get mislead by these!!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank drvijee
Poland
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Hotel affordable, although not entirely satisfactory standard for the price we payed. Very good meals prepared by the wife of the owner, sensational flavors :) Overall- very nice memories from that visit.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple