From the moment we entered the experience was unpleasant:
1) the guy at the door, uninterested in his job, had the big, heavy door half open...had to look into his eyes for the door to be opened wider for me to enter with my toddler in tow.
2) at checkin, being hounded for ID. Everywhere else in India, my husband showed his PNG driving license with his photo, and it worked. Evidently front office staff at Radisson were ignorant pf PNG, that it is a south Pacific country.....I had to again use my vocals ( especially when my baby was tired and hungry)to be given rooms- we were "upgraded" to "business class"!!!
3) the restaurant and in room dining does not have a kids menu ( though the F&B manager clarified there is one when we gave feedback on checking out). We were told by his staff thee was none!
4) the buffet breakfast is BORING, lackluster and very very uninspiring.
5) the guys ( yes, there were no female faces!!!) during breakfast- on all the days were there- were most disinterested in service. They lacked etiquette, energy and enthusiasm. Most seemed to over around non-Indian guests- very classist. Very rascist. When will Indians (I have come across tooooo many such idiots) learn to live without this attitude???!!!
6) when we asked for a hi-chair, we were given one which was filthy and whose harness was broken!!
7) there is apparently a kids room on 2 floor and when we asked what kind of facilities available for a 1 yr old, the male at reception said "painting"!!!
8) the person at the travel desk - another lazy person who lacked etiquette ( was speaking to me while filling some forms...!!!), had little or no info, or was disinterested.
9) the spa is a NO GO. Do NOT use it. The therapists ( except Javed at the hair salon) lack training and skills. The person who did my "swedish" massage lacked technique completely. To top it, the hygiene is questionable. The therapists dont wear mouth masks...they breathe down your face....cough, sniffle....ugh!!
10) lastly, the hotel was soulless. My sprightly 1 yr old also disliked the place....she is a world traveller already, and very very accommodating and adjusting...and she, too, disliked this place.
During checkout we were asked for feedback. On giving, we were given a 20% discount in our food bill! Interesting gesture but unnecessary as our experience was already sour...very very sour!!
Mr. Or Ms. General Manager, please do not respond to this review with your usual. If you have to respond at all, please let the world know what actions you will take to ensure the next guest(s) have a pleasant stay there!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Agra has had an elaborate history of heartfelt hospitality. To give the perfect blend of modern feel and old generosity, Radisson Hotel Agra, Taj East Gate Road is dedicated to its brand. It is one of the world’s foremost complete service hotel companies owned by Carlson Hotels across the world. Radisson Hotels are devoted to bring advanced, superlative service along with product excellence enveloped in authentic warmth for all the travellers. Marvellously structured with chic & contemporary design, Radisson Hotel Agra, Taj East Gate Road is replete with all the grand services. Located in the heart of the business and leisure precincts, within walking distance to the Taj Mahal of 01 Km, it is perfect amalgamation of young and fresh elements in every bit of it. With contemporary architecture, warm hospitality and its convenient location, the hotel is sure to please both business and leisure traveller. It offers 141 well appointed rooms & suites. It understands the leisure of fine dining and to satiate the travellers, it has 6 F&B outlets including Latitude - the 24 hour coffee shop, Liquid Lounge - the bar, tea lounge, pool side bar, 24 hour in-room dining, club lounge services and recently launched Nawabi cuisine specialty restaurant - Daawat-E-Nawab. Radisson Hotel Agra also creates outstanding, unique events of relaxed elegance, style and perfection. Its meeting rooms provide more than 5,500 square feet of space ideal for corporate business meetings, board meetings, social events or private dinners for up to 500 guests along with 32000 sq. ft. clear space with beautiful landscape and separate entry and exit. A choice of contemporary or heritage styled rooms along with our new five-star meeting facilities makes the Radisson Hotel Agra Taj East Gate Road one of the leading hotels in Agra. It also has all the other facilities required for any traveller like Alive - The Spa, Alive - The Salon, Alive - The Health Club, Let’s Play - the kids’ room and swimming pool where one can connect with oneself. Experience revival through rest, relaxation and rejuvenation like never before at Radisson Hotel Agra, Taj East Gate Road. It offers courtesy transfer to Taj mahal on request and other concierge services like travel desk, boutiques, business centre, valet service, parking, laundry, doctor on call and foreign exchange. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Radisson Blu Agra Taj East Gate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.