“Modern Trendy and Contemporary! That's Radisson @ Agra”

Radisson Blu Agra Taj East Gate
Ranked #9 of 142 Hotels in Agra
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We walked in this property and I was amazed by the way of welcome that I got from the very enthusiastic and truly professional staff. Coffee Shop was very good. Food n set up of Bundelkhand festival was amazing.

I really enjoyed with my friends and would love to come again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Agra Taj East Gate

Reviewed November 4, 2011

This is what i did'nt except from a radisson Property.
The Services was very Slow specially housekeeping.
No Body cleaned my room even i pressed the Make My room button before leaving to breakfast.
Check-in was smooth but they didnt offer any welcome drink as mentioned in the plan.
Check out was very slow as i have to call 5 times to get my luggage picked up from the room.
At the time of breakfast in the retaurent it took 25 min to get an baby chair & that too very dirty.
The Complimentary drop to taj mahal in electric vehicle was not at all timely & it took 30 minutes for them to arrange for the same.
However the rooms were modern, neat & clean & Hotel in itself is lavish.
As this hotel is a new opening in agra so i think they really have to learn & learn pretty quickly.
i hope they give gud services in future.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2011

we spent a night here, as a mini getaway from delhi and to celebrate my wifes birthday, the hotel was much better than what i expected! the exterior facade and architecture of the hotel is pleasing to the eye and modern without sticking out like a sore thumb! public spaces - lobby and restaurants etc are stark and a bit cold and unwelcoming but the room we stayed in was warm and cosy and spacious. the staff area helpful and pleasant and made sure our stay was comforable and all our requests were met. we used the spa facility too and this was the highlight of the stay.
food is good without being outstanding! prices are high as is usually the case in 4/5 star hotels in India but if your on a package rate its ok!
the hotel is quite close to the taj mahal too

Reviewed October 31, 2011

My wife & I stayed here this past weekend .The property is new and very modern.I'm not a fan of modern architecture but have to admit that the rooms are beautiful.We stayed in a standard room with a king bed.The bathroom was large and the shower stall immense.The shower head was invigorating.The bed was very comfortable.Throughout our stay,the staff was very attentive and helpful. We had dinner there Saturday night ( which included an Indian dance show). The waiters were very attentive,even though it was a buffet.They went to the buffet to get the desired items for us . At breakfast,the manager came over to ask if I could suggest any improvement for the breakfast buffet.I told him I would have liked some bacon.He said it was not put out because of the culture but went into the kitchen & had them prepare a bacon order for us.
I had brought some specially prepared food with me for our return trip to Delhi( I have trouble with Indian food) and placed it into the mini bar.When checking out ,I discovered that the person who cleans the room (men clean here) had thrown out my food.The front desk were apologetic and prepared some food for us at no additional cost. As I stated,great service.

Reviewed October 28, 2011

Of the 4 Radisson hotels I have stayed at in the last year or so and left reviews, 3 have been negative.
I'm wondering what type of market the Radisson chain is marketing itself towards.

Radisson website advertises a price promise. Read the small print !!
The room type and facilities offered must match that advertised elsewhere - Acceptable.
The currency must be identical. Totally absurd. If you are in the UK or USA, sites such as Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers etc will quote in your local currency.
The Radisson site will quote in the hotel local currency and utilise a currency convertor. Their price pledge clearly states it will not consider any currency convertor. So essentially, this price pledge works in 2 ways :
Booking a hotel in the country where you live or utilise a local travel company that will quote in the hotel currency. Either way, compare this to airline price pledges and the Radisson price pledge is extremely poor.

The hotel is new and modern. Very little evidence that you are in the city which contains one of the most beautiful sights of the world. Perfuncionary, cheap design.
Check in was swift and friendly.

The room was a fair size. Contained a safe, adequate storage and comfortable beds. No complimentary water.
The bathroom was a fair size. Water was dismal. In order to enjoy a temperature slightly above luke warm, the hot tap needed to be turned on full, thus achieving luke warm !
Cleanliness was poor. Our stay was for 2 nights and during the 2 day stay, appliances remained dirty - see attached photo.
In addition, a plug socket was hanging off the wall. I do not proclaim to be an electrician but you only need
a degree of intelligence to know this is extremely dangerous - see attached photo.

The hotel has 1 restaurant, a bar and a coffee lounge area.
Coming down to dinner it was plain that this hotel accomodates large tour groups. No issue with that, unless you are an independent traveller and looking to :
A. Check in at the same time as a group of 40
B. Eat in the 1 restaurant

The one restaurant offers a buffet of only average food. A la carte was expensive and not a very exciting
menu. Staff struggled to seat people.
They offered an ' unlimited ' drink package of selected beverages. Read the small print : Unlimited means 5 glasses.
None the less, we opted for this option. The smallest wine glass you could possibly imagine, my only regret was not taking a photo.
The selection covered red or white wine and 2 or 3 spirits. Naturally, in line with anti hospitality, you c=may not mix and match, so if you would prefer a spirit prior to eating, followed by wine with your food,
this was not an option.

The entre was one of the poorest choices I have ever come accross. The salad bar at Pizza Hut far
exceeds the options offered here.

Despite being an average quality buffet, food was replenished frequently.
The air conditioning was yanked up, several women wore cardigans which further leads me to believe it's perfunctionary. Get them in, feed them, get them out.

Breakfast was a similar disappointing affair. A waiter walking around with stewed, weak coffee. Requested twice to have a fresh coffee, met with smiles and zero action.
Juice not replenished and the egg station was close to frenzied - simply could not cope with the number of diners.

Our first morning, I arranged a wake up call. The first wake up call did not materialise. The reminder did.
Fortunately, I had set the alarm on my mobile.

In line with Radisson policy, wi fi is free and at this stage of my recent experiences with the Radisson group, this appears to be the only area where I would attach a thumbs up.

Upon checking out, my credit card was not returned to me. Since it was an early check out, 6am, there was
2 reception staff and only one other couple checking out. Whilst I should have realised it had not been returned to me, I am of the belief that the Reception staff should have realised he had not returned the card to me, since I was pre occupied with luggage and my driver waiting.
The hotel sent me an email indicating that ' I had left my credit card behind ' once I was 1/3 of the way to Delhi. Read as ' The Receptionist forgot to return my card to me '. Once I reached Delhi, I had to go through the expense of calling the UK and cancelling the credit card.

I have nothing against tour groups and if I were on a coach for a large part of the day, a hotel, bed and shower would be very welcoming - no doubt the bulk of the reviews here.
As an independent traveller, if you can increase your budget slightly, I would thoroughly recommend staying at the ITC Sheraton Agra, the 5 star Matriarch of Agra.

I would not recommend the hotel and am now at a stage where I feel the Radisson group would be one of my least favourite selections for future hotel stays.

2  Thank ItalGrecoLon
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel for one night and a day. This is a very styled and new hotel in Agra with excellent facilities. Also excelent location: a few minutes away from Taj Mahal east gate. However this hotel has a policy of super over-over priced meals and drinks...for a cup of coffee you will pay 7.5 us$... the most expensive capuccino worldwide ! A part of this abuse I would recommend to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 10, 2011

i love the radisson in agra. The people in this place are always the best. especially a certain Mr. Harish (?) I hope I am spelling it right at the front desk. The rooms are quite large and spacious as you'd expect from a hotel this quality. The food in the restaurant was pretty great though it took about 40 mins to get to the table. I was asked to write a honest review of the hotel on my way out by the front desk, who by the way, are extremely wonderful people. Thanks.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business