“Experience Indian Hospitality”

N.Homestay
Ranked #5 of 192 Agra B&B and Inns
“Experience Indian Hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Upon my arrival Naghma made me feel at home. It was my first visit to India and I was traveling alone. She welcomed me warmly to her home and her son Shiron helped me get settled in my room and then helped me plan my two days in the Agra area. No problems communicating in English.

First go to Agra Fort, then to the Only Restaurant for lunch, then to Baby Taj, then to Mehtab Bagh (Moonlight Garden) to watch the sunset over the Taj Mahal. Back to N Home stay for dinner... Indian food cooked by Naghma. I was concerned that the food would be too spicy, but it was perfectly yummy. Better than any restaurant!

The next morning 5:30 am sunrise at the Taj Mahal, back to N Home Stay for breakfast, then check out, then to Fatehpur Sikri,and then finally to Akbar's Tomb. A full two day tour of the Agra area.

In the evening, I had trouble with the WiFi connection, but her son Shibab helped me solve the problem. I borrowed an adapter and power strip to plug in my cell phones and laptop.

The room was very nice and comfortable. Private bathroom...for hot showers..remember to turn on the water heater an hour before the shower. Air conditioning worked great Room was comfortable and very clean. Large closets for storage and WiFi in each room. Ceiling fan for more comfort.

The location was hard to find. Go to Amar Hotel area and call N Home Stay for directions from there. I also got a little map via email.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank suejing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

This homestay was one of the best experiences of our India trip. Shiron was very prompt to respond to all of my emails and thorough with his advice. He advised us as to our travel plans and organized taxis and guides around Agra as well as further along on our trip. His mother, Naghma, was a joy to talk to. She was happy to practice her English explaining some of the mysteries of Indian culture and proud to show off a recent family wedding album. By the end of our stay we felt like old family friends. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Being in a home, it had more character than a hotel. The home is a bit hard to find but it is walking distance to the Taj Mahal, but being off the main streets it was quiet. N Homestay is highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Emily H
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

This home stay is one of the best we have ever stayed at. The family is extremely friendly and helped us with our flight tickets. The food is some of the best we have ever had, no oil, no too many spices. The location is a little tough to find, but the give the address to an auto-guy and he'll take you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BritishGlobeTrotter
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and it was wonderful. An excellent opportunity to be welcomed in and pretend you are part of an indian family. The house was modern and clean, good wifi and ac. The family were helpful jn advising us of how to do things/get to places and at what prices.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kevincn367
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

A friend and I stayed in this lovely homestay when we visited Agra for a few days. It is a beautiful house and the family running it are extremely friendly and helpful. We missed our train and they helped us to sort out a new one. Also, the mum cooked us an outstanding lamb biryani and showed us how she made it.

The rooms are extremely clean with AC, a strong wifi signal and nice, hot showers.

This is one of the best places we have stayed in India and we would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Agra.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Daniel S
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

We only stayed for one night but the owners were very welcoming and helpful, the rooms were spotlessly clean , air con work well because there is too much of heat at that time , pretty fast WiFi available. , Family is very helpful and welcoming, I will come again if I visit India

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank helena j
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

we found this homestay on trip advisor , the best homestay, the best family , very reasonable they wont charge too much, beds are clean, toilets are clean too, free wifi, and helpful family, shiron the son help us to arrange the tour to bharatpur and fatehpur sikri and on the next day for agra sightseeing, this guy knows about agra very well and help you with everything, routes restaurant , shopping, cabs, train tickets and printout, I will recommend this place to everyone and I will stay there again for sure

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple