“the right place to stay at in Agra” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of N.Homestay

N.Homestay
Ranked #5 of 193 Agra B&B and Inns
Oslo, Oslo, Norway
“the right place to stay at in Agra”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I know there are a lot of wonderful comments here about this ghesthouse. So I just can add at they will help you with everything you nedd.... for example my boyfriend needed help to activate his simcard with indian number , so Shirom took his pc and checked on internet the status of the simcard and help us to get it in order. He saw at I was trying to read a map from my lonely planet book (it was quite small) so he came with a bigger map that he had printed out from his pc.. I just think how easy would be to travel in India with more ghesthouses like this :-) I recommend this place totally.

2 Thank bonita0010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

This homestay is run and managing by a family, the nicest family i ever met in India, the room is big clean and cozy with spring mattress , hot water available, wifi and white sheet under every blanket which is hard to find in indian guest house, there are certain people who compare homestay with hotel but they don't compare the price difference what they are paying, homestay means to live with a family and know there tradition, shiron the son of the house gives me lots of information about agra and give me tips which is very helpful, me and my boyfriend stayed there for 2 nights and i feel i was staying with my friends, shiron mom who is a good cook serve us breakfast which is good, they also organize a cab for us to go to fatehpursikri in reasonable rates, i will again come to this place when ever i come to India.

4 Thank linda m
Lon, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

I was there in december it was too cold in agra , shiron help me with giving extra blanket and also provide me a heater after asking in the night, The room was big cozy and clean, you got hot water 24 hrs, shiron is a knowledgeable person, he told me all about agra sight seen and scams going on , the location was very quite not road side horn and disturbance, local restaurant are near by walking distance and Taj mahla is only 20 mins away. for me this was the best homestay, i will recommend this place

1 Thank sam b
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Though slightly hard to find even with the sign off the main road, this place was great. Shiron lives there with his thoroughly lovely mum, and they were welcoming, full of good advice and kindly. They cooked me breakfast even though I was late down, and his mum gave me some L'Occitance lip balm for my very sore lips, which was something I am sure a hotel proprietor in the UK woiuldn't have done....the place was a bit chilly but they did give me extra blankets on request, and a portable heater. It was clean and quiet and comfy.

Room Tip: I bet they are all a bit chilly in winter so just ask for a heater!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Hansieryder
China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We arrived in Agra 4 hours late Shiron had already send a cab to pick up from the station, We were welcomed by his mom, very nice lady rooms were big and clean with white sheets under the blankets, Taj Mahal is 15 - 20 mins walking distance from there area is very safe and not noisy most of the good restaurant is near by ( my recommendation Dasaprakash ), Shiron mom give us breakfast in morning and shiron organized a tour for us in reasonable rates, If i come to aga again i will stay here again

3 Thank ChinaJerry
Shanghai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We had two rooms in this homestay at the end of December. The house is on a small lane, and is quieter than any hotel on a road. The weather was unusually cool when we were there, and the house is not heated, so the rooms were cold. They provided extra blankets. One room had a terrace, but the windows and doors were drafty so we could smell the smog from outside. Breakfast is served from 8-10 and consists of a small omelet and white bread toast, instant coffee and tea. You can buy bottled water and soda at very reasonable prices. There are an ATM, some good Indian restaurants, Pizza Hut and a Costa Coffee all within a quick walk down some dark streets, so bring a flashlight. The family who runs the place is very nice. For the price, I would pick this over a similarly priced hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We only stayed for one night, but Shiron and his family really went out of their way to make us welcome. The rooms are clean and the location is reasonably convenient for the Taj (about a 20 minute walk - or a 40 rupee auto-rickshaw ride).

Shiron is very efficient at organising anything you need and everything worked to plan. We had an excellent driver to take us on to Fatehpur Sikri and Bharatpur, who was also good value.

One thing I really liked about the Northern Homestay was that Shiron didn't seem to be trying to make lots of extra money from you - even the bottled water and drinks for sale in the hotel (they operate an honesty system) were at shop prices.

We were there in Diwali so Agra was incredibly noisy - hence my sleep quality score - but that is hardly their fault!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple