“Golden Triangle Tour”

Ranked #99 of 194 Agra B&B and Inns
Hanover, Maryland
“Golden Triangle Tour”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This was the last hotel on the Golden Triangle Tour, this was our least favourite. The elevator was way too small, but that was typical. The staff was helpful, in my opinion I think the staff sleep in the vacant rooms and do not change the linens. The glasses in the room were dirty, room itself and bathroom were clean. I had free internet service, however it was slow. I ordered food and the clerk forgot to place my order so I had to wait about 2 hours for room service. Check-in was a little much, too much information required. The staff slept on the sofa and on the floor of the lobby area, that was sad to see.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank spatter88

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Moscow
Reviewed May 28, 2012

To my mind, the hotel's excellent location. Near wineshop and another shop where they sell even milk. Just passing forward, turn right and you'll find many restaurants for each taste and wallet. To the southern entrance to Taj Mahal there are 10 minutes by walk. Generally Fatehabad Road is the place where you should stay in Agra. The most considerable thing about this hotel is the upper terrace with restaurant taurant and excellent view to Taj Mahal in illumination. The railway station Agra Fort and Red Fort itself are very near. You can reach them even even by walk (only a couple of kilometers).
But all the advantages of this hotel finish on that. However, the hotel rooms are relatively clean, but linens are not very fresh. Internet seems to be there, but very slow and constantly breaking. It is better to surf in it in the morning. Officially you can use your credit card for payment, but the machine does not work, and you had to pay in cash. I've witnessed the scene, when the man at reception desk claimed cash payment from the man from Danemark. They had disputed governmental taxes. We've realised then, that it was a good idea for us during check-in to insist on total payment, incuding all taxes and fees. Hotel staff isquite helpful, but too intrusive soliciting tips. But this is typical of most Indian hotels.
Next time we'll consciously miss this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank gentbrugg

Travelers are raving about these Agra hotels

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed April 27, 2012

This is a good choice for someone on a budget, I just stayed here when taking my friend to see the Taj. It was calm and quiet room, comfortable bed and ok cleanish bathroom. Staff tried to be helpful. No huge complaints but not great just basic place. Oh intranet was kinda fast too on the plus side. Very nice staff who tried hard to please.

Room Tip: Our Higher up room was nice and quiet
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
London
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Nice hotel on top of ugly building. Only one floor but lots of light and a view of the Taj Mahal. Roof restaurant where you could bring your own beer. Pleasant employees although they charged us to keep our bags until our evening train.
Didn't eat there except breakfast which was much the same as everywhere else. There was a promise of hot water but it didn't materialise. There was a safe in the room which was useful as we could leave our valuables without concern.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the TAJ Mahal
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Bokaro Steel City, Jharkhand, India
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I stayed with my family in this Hotel from 12/3/12 to 14/3/12. Overall experience is very good. Very neat & Clean. Location excellent. Hotel Gopika at the ground floor serves very good food, chat & sweets. Excellent Taj View from roof top restaurant. Breakfast is OK(not very good..
Staff is co-opearative. Booking via travel sites are costlier. One can get better deals by directly contacting the Hotel. I lost Rs 1800 in 02 days by booking through Expedia.

Room Tip: Deal directly with the Hotel. Don,t Book through Travel Sites.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Rhyl, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Nice room but don't expect clean towels or the beds made up, the staff are pests and constantly phoning and knocking the door for the balance payment of your stay! The night staff look like they have been sleeping in the street they are that unclean. Order food from the restaurant and they send out to Macdonalds for it! and believe me an hour and a half wait gets you a bit angry, There are views of the Taj from the roof though. However if you are doing the Taj only 1 or 2 nights it is as long as you would want to stay there.

Room Tip: All rooms are on one floor so no real advantage to a good room, just don't use the restaurant fo...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Steven W
Ottawa
Reviewed February 2, 2012

We were well treated by the rest of the staff, at other times of the day, but the night manager left me speechless. When I mentioned that we were wait-listed on a train to Varanasi, the night manager said there were other trains and flights, and I should speak with their travel agent. He dialed, and passed the phone to me. The alternatives were a two hour taxi ride to connect with another train, or a $370 flight. When I said I could not agree right then (I needed to speak with my travelling companion, and also what the agent was proposing was not very satisfactory, and I thought we might skip going to Varanasi), and finished the call, the night manager said, "You were on the phone a long time. Do you realize how many rupees that call cost?" I said I did not know a local call cost extra. Then he said that I had taken up his time, and he hoped our train would be either fogged in or cancelled.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends