“Pyrenees Homestay.. Don't Stay!!”
Review of Pyrenees Homestay

Pyrenees Homestay
Ranked #15 of 205 Agra B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Before visiting Agra, I booked this hotel by reading reviews in tripadvisor.in. Though there were some bad reviews, but, considering there were more good reviews, I decided to go for it. However, it turned out to be a nightmare..

- One of the room had world's smallest bathroom having world's smallest wash basin (as big as a vegetable bowl). Very cramped bathroom..
- The other room had TV, but, in non-working condition.. whats the use??
- The rooms were dusty..
- Food was terrible..
- No hot water facility..
- They assist in providing auto rickshaw, but, the rickshaw charges high..
- Owner is rude.. I think, he is good mostly to foreigners (most of whom have written good feedback)..

As per my experience, I do not recommend this homestay (atleast to Indians)..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ashagra10
There are newer reviews for Pyrenees Homestay

Reviewed October 20, 2013

The staff here are very friendly and helpful. When I arrived, there was a miss communication with which room i wanted, but Kamal fixed the issue right away, and the room was even cheaper than i thought. So it was a win win!! The wi-fi is strong, and the showers are good. Nice little rooftop restaurant over looking the city, and the Taj Mahal....on a clear day. The food and drinks are reasonably priced. It my experience of India. It seems to be the same price as most restaurants I have been to. These guys are great! I'd recommend this place for anybody who wants to come to Agra

Reviewed October 17, 2013

With all limited resources they try to manage. rooms no TV, phone, wifi or hot water..... no left too.
if u never get much options then its the option.
at the end lots of Huck-up on accounts and billing.

Room Tip: not much to say. only be selective in choosing the place.... Agra is not that dirty only these peopl...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank USP-Umashankar
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stayed in this lovely HOMESTAY for two nights and feeled fantastic.Staff were great, food is excellence, cheap and delicouse. Location is great just few meters away from main road and super market. I recommend this accommodation to all people who come to Agra. The hotel has great roof terrace to see Agra by night and restaurant is also on the roof.

Frenki from Slovenia.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Amazing atmosphere! Honest and worm-heart people. I was for the first time in India and I can admit that I felt a little bit lost until I arrived at Pyrenees Homestay in Agra. Owner as well as all hotel workers provided me with all essential help. Rickshaw driver, tourist guide and many other features was available in one place. Room was nice and tidy, cool temperature even in the night. Unique cuisines served in a commodious rooftop with breathtaking scenery of Taj Mahal. If I return to Agra, I will make booking in Pyrenees Homestay for sure.

Room Tip: ask an owner of the hotel for tip please
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I think the pictures and rewies on trip advisor and other sites gives a quite right idea about this place. I have stayed at a few guesthouses in Agra earlier and I can say that this one is the best so far! Comperatively it holds a better standard of atmosphere and peoples. The owner Kamol is a genuine helpful man with an amazing knowledge on travel, and it is possible to talk to him about things and get a true and honest answer.I notice that he is a person that get true friendships with his guests.
One thing I liked is that they have good rikshaw drivers! there are two drivers Hari and Babulo, both honest guys, not always easy to find in Agra. I come frequently to Agra and I will choose this guesthouse/homestay for my next trip also when I will travel with my family, I have no complains, this place is suitable for me, cheap, clean, quiet and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We weren't expecting luxury, but we were shocked by how run-down the place was. There were open screens above our doors, so all of the street noises, including the loud Diwali fireworks going off every few minutes, streamed right in. I was afraid to use the towels or blankets because of how dirty everything looked. Finally, unable to sleep and afraid of roaches or a possible break-in, we decided to leave and checked into a slightly more expensive but FAR cleaner and quieter hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple