“Great Taj Mahal View, Wonderful Owner, Excellent Location”
Review of Sai Palace

Sai Palace
Ranked #24 of 210 Agra B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I found this hotel at tripadvisor and booked it through agoda.com. This hotel is very close to Taj Mahal, about ten mins walking distance. It has a restaurant on the top of the roof, on which you can clearly see Taj Mahal and enjoy great food. The rate of this hotel is very reasonable. The room is clean. The hotel owner Rajiv, who was born in this house, is a great person, who speaks excellent English and provides wonderful help. Once I left my room and forgot to lock it. He tried several ways to reach me and asked me to come back to lock my room. At that moment, this owner made me feel very warm. After that, to me, "incredible" stands for another meaning: too good to be true! If I visit Agra again, I will like to stay in this hotel, simply because it makes me feel like home.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Tair Rong S

Reviewed December 1, 2011

very nice place, safe, confortable and very friendly. Great restaurant with Taj Mahal view and oportunity to try indian food and meet intresting people. I recommend

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Ana K
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Stayed here 2 nights with my gf. We never intended to stay here initially but after our first two selected hotels appeared to be full we ended up at Sai's. The hotel is not to big and consists of 3 levels with a small open area (court) in the middle which allows light to come in. We stayed in quite a big room as no other rooms where available, but bargained an agreeable price by threatening to go look for another hotel. The room itself was very basic but looked relatively clean on first sight. Same for the bathroom, although -as we've seen in many india hotels- items such as showerhead and toilet seat are asking for replacement...

Upon checking the bed more thoroughly after check in I noticed we had cock roaches in our bed. Our (large!) bed had a very low bottem, which was filled up an approx 20cm thick layer of newspapers to heighten the matress... This ofcourse provides an ideal insect nesting base. It was quite smelly so I don't want to think to what was in between all these papers. However as I did not see any bed bugs I couldn't be bothered to go discuss and we slept two nights on this bed (leaving bathroom light on to prevent cockroaches comming out). So if you take a room here.. make sure to check your bed well before checking in !

Also we found our room quite noisy as we where seperated by a in room door (locked) from another room. With our neighbours having their television on load it made it feel we where in the same room.

The rooftop provides a nice view on the Taj but as some other reviewers already remarked: there are many other hotels which provide such a view and there are many other places in Agra as well providing a good view on the Taj. So personally I would not give this attribute to much weight.

There is a little restaurant as well. The food is OK but waiting times (as I believe was mentioned on their menu card) can be quite long! We had dinner her one time and waited about 40min for some pasta and a pancake. So if you expect a quick snack you might want to eat elsewhere.

Room Tip: good location some rooms can be small make sure to check your bed thoroughly !
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2011

I went to this hotel in October,the location is the best as it has Taj near it,almost 10 mins away by foot.The hotel is a budget hotel,the service was really bad,there was no water in the tap for most of the times.Specially at night i don't know either we got power cut or what but our air conditioner wasn't working.Other than that the locality is not so good,you might feel little uncomfortable to walk around at night.Other than that the food at hotel was good,they provided us with cheap taxi too.So if u want a budget hotel its good but if you can spend more money then better find some good hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms on top floor have Ac as well as the floor from where you can see Taj Mahal easily.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hk_21
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Sai Palace is for me the best budget option nearby the Taj. Rooms are simple but clean and the prices affordable for everyone. The hotel is very well kept. The restaurant upstairs serve delicious food and wonderful views of Taj Mahal. The hotel owner Rajiv is very welcoming and helpful,he is a person that you can fully trust, which is rather rare in Agra, and who can help you a lot in arranging transport in Agra area and beyond.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank ola79
Reviewed October 17, 2011

this place is very helpful. if you are travelling to Rajastan or even everywehre in India. they will arrange for you for free. you will be able to get a FREE PICK UPS in the next cities you travel to. i was very lucky to be taken care of all the time. they introduced me the hotel in Jaipur, Pushkar, Jodpour, Udaipur and even Mumbai! all the rooms are very cheap and clean. they don't make any profit by doing it, they just help me as a friend. after i stay there, i am not a lonely traveller anymore, i have the connections to the next cities.
AND THEIR ROOMS ARE VERY CLEAN AND WITH A TAJ MAHAL VIEW ON THE ROOF TOP.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank hung jia s
Reviewed October 12, 2011

stayed in SAi PALACE a few days . I really want to give good advice to future travelers in Agra. This place make you feel "like at home". Rooms are clean and food is good. There's an amazing point of view on the Taj Mahal from the roof top restaurant. Facilities for picking you on train station . All staff is so nice and always ready to arrange you what you need.

Unique Quality: The best thing of this place is the roof top restaurant, where it's impossible to not stay a long long evening, in front of Taj Mahal, until the sunset and after...

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple