“Dull and drab”

and 1 more site!
Sai Palace
Ranked #22 of 207 Agra B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 16, 2011

The hotel is fairly dull and drab. No light in my bathroom so couldnt use it at night. Dribble of a shower. The laundry service is a joke- ruined two tops which i had to throw out, never returned a pair of trouser and gave the remaining clothes back WET and still charged me!
The hotel have a guy called Saleem who is very persistent and offers tour guides. He offered me a BACK MASSAGE with some beers after the tour!! Not exactly what you want to hear when your a solo female traveler on your own.
Grand if you want something cheap and very basic but i was covered in bites after i slept there and i had a mouse in my room also.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Traveller_7105

Reviewed July 14, 2011

I already had been staying at the Sai Palace in October 2010 and was happy to return to this hotel when I came back to Agra this time. As I was planning to get married here, I knew already in advance, that I will be staying long term. Like already the first time, the hotel's staff and atmosphere made me feel most welcome and almost as if at home. Especially the owner Rajiv Sethi was always there to help my husband and me with good advises and moral support when thingsagain took longer than expected and wished. I can only recommend this hotel to anyone who is passing Agra. Whatever you are looking for - budget room or luxury with Taj view - you will be able to find it here, together with a familiar and friendly atmosphere.

Room Tip: Check out the different rooms so you can choose which one you like best.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank corinne_g81
Reviewed June 5, 2011

I would reccomend Sai palace mainly for it's staff and extremly helpfull owner, who was very welcoming and ready to help with anything. The restaurant on the roof top (taj view) is also worth while, food is always freshly made with fresh ingrediens which makes relatively long time waiting for food perfectly acceptable. The rooms are of different quality as I stayed in budget ones they were not particulary stunning rating among avarage in India's budget hotels. But if you look for friendly host, good food, proximity to taj, and worm welcome in Agra, this is the place...

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank aggna
Reviewed May 6, 2011

I pick this hotel from the list in Trip advisor based on the requirement that I want a cozy unique room not a room like in a box building with A/C and with the view of Taj Mahal. I book the most expensive one. The room and the building is not so clean and quite old but compare to many places in India it maybe above average. The room is big, unique style of bed but dirty bed sheet and normal decoration, the restroom also big but water pump is not work well, i.e. I need to stand next to the tab in order to get shower. also the taste it is a little bit sour. The funny thing is the restroom of 2 rooms in the same floor will hear everything of each other..very clearly.. like we are in the same room.
The area of this hotel even it is not far away from Taj Mahal, it is not so much safe I don't recommend for anyone travel alone to stay here. The worse is cooling system in A/C in the room is not work, only hot air come out all day and night unfortunately we noticed about that around 10pm the staff said they can't do anything they don't know how to fix, cannot move to other rooms and don't have the right to say that we can get some discount or not. I request them call to the boss but they said the boss may already sleep and they afraid that they might be kicked out cos they call so late in night..I understand that..but the angry come when they said to me that ..it is my fault not to check the room condition during check in.. ok it is my fault but it should be a word from my side not from them. Finally we need to patient, open the fan and waiting for the morning...however in very late at night...they come switch off the main electric cut-out which it is outside the room. They come open again near 6 AM....
The good thing is the view of Taj, at here you can see it but there are some hotel around there which the roof top is higher and closer to the Taj. However, I've just learned that it is no need ..because you will see it all day all night from many places in Agra and there is no light during the night so you will just be able to see it since the morning till just a while after sunset.
There is a small kitchen on the roof top to be able to order food. not so bad but very very slow and take time for cooking, not so much clean, some of my friends get diarrhea but I think it is better than many restaurant out there. Anyway, some of my friend they ask for a glass of hot water to drink first it free..after that..10Rps per glass..
I don't know that we may have bad attitude then all the bad things will come or not but it is worse and worse because we request a free pick up from the hotel. They send a man who is a travel agent which i don't know whether Sai Palace will have any profit with this man or not. He seems good in the beginning, provide us a transportation but finally it is end with very high price and tricky cheating.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 28, 2011

I stayed at Sai Palace hotel in a room costing Rs. 300 with attached bath,. It was quite sufficient with nice service upon check in with a free pick up from the train station to the hotel! The hotel is only a 10 miniyte walk to the Taj Mahal.

The staff and owners are friendly, the rooftop restaurant food is good and most of all they are devotees of Sai Baba abd hence ethical.

The owner was not aware of the exemptions of reporting for Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) so I made him aware of this as I had with me a law book containg The Foreigners Act, 1946 and the Registration of Foreigners (Exemption) Amendment Order, 2005 (Notification No.SO543(E) dated 11 April 2005 Ministry of Home Affairs). I gave him a copy of the same and he is probably the only hotel in Agra now aware that OCIs are on par with Indians and their presence does not have to be reported upon their stay in a hotel.

Note however there is no free drop off to the train station.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank dwadke
Reviewed April 1, 2011

very tiring overnight travel .. Agra - rickshaw driver takes us straight to SAI PALACE ..to my surprise i did not realize until we walked into the hotel that Swami 's pictures and books are Everywhere :) Felt like coming Home - with much tears in my eyes once i saw Him.
perfect Staff who put up with my morning moodiness from lack of rest. Hotel is peaceful and very clean. Food is home made and fresh.
Agra.. we are overlooking at theTaj Mahal from the restaurant's terrace and even some of the rooms has the incredible view of it.
prices are great. and again the Staff including the Owner is just like Family - The BETTER KIND :)!
i will surely come back to Sai Palace !
SAI RAM!

Room Tip: Owner gives good advice on traveling around !!!!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank SHIVANDI
Reviewed February 22, 2011

Hello
This was my first trip to agra .And i stayed for 3 days in agra at Hotel Sai Palace . i was accompanied with my college mates from Russia we were 7 people in all we took 2 big Rooms which were interconnected attached with toilet/Bathroom and with Hot water .we spent arnd 1600 for both the room for the day . The room was well painted and had a good clean floor with wallpapers on the wall . the view of taj mahal was quite amazing and awesome .. The owner (RAJIV) and staff was very helpful to me . and the amazing thing in the hotel was the view of tajmahal from the roof top and rooms AND ALSO FROM THE TOILET SEAT That amazed me a lot ...
I totally recommend this place ..LOVE U AGRA AND HOTEL SAI PALACE ....

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends