Hotel Taj Resorts
  • Pool
$36
$34
1,764 results
All reviewsrooftop restauranteast gatewalking distanceticket officeswimming poolperfect locationrooms are cleanthe ground floorhot waterpuppet showone night stayrailway stationbuffet breakfastnice stayshort staytuk tukagra fort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 14, 2011

we enjoyed our stay there mostly for its location and the pool. The water wasn't 100% clear and there were some mosquitos but we felt they were doing the necessary to keep it as clean as possible.
The restaurant was ok-ish, the breakfast had many options western and indian.
The staff were helpful but every-time i used the free internet by the reception, the manager would come over and ask me if i could write nice reviews ( very annoying) He didn't need to do so since his hotel is clean, rooms modern and of fair price.
I satyed at the ITC last time i was in Agra and i dont regret picking this ( way) cheaper place, way better located ( but not same standards , of course )

Reviewed April 12, 2011

A great location on the quiet East Gate road. The room was modern and well equipped. however the service was poor with a complete lack of information about how to use the facilities. The breakfast was included in the room price but was truly appalling. The only western option was inedible corn flakes and toast like concrete.We hoped the pool would have been a bonus but did not use it as it was dirty and covered in flies and mosquetos.

Reviewed April 8, 2011

This hotel is a clean and well priced facility in the 100% location - directly across the street from the Oberoi. (I recommend walking across and having a drink in their gorgeous bar).
The rooms were of a normal size, decent bathroom, clean, comparable to a Comfort Inn in the United States. The restaurant was good, although they insisted on showing either wrestling or Indian MTV at all times!
Basically this is a great place to base your Agra adventure from if you are not in the $1000 per night category.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank BombayLiz
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Hi guys. When my wife and I decided to visit the great TAJ, we wanted to stay somewhere close to it and not pay a lot. Ofcourse if you are willing to spend $200-600 per night, there are great hotels in the area, but if you are not (like the most of us) and want to stay in a hotel which genuinely in my eyes provides 4-star service then stay at this place. I live in the US and this hotel by all standards met my expectations. I payed an affordable price for 1 night and could not have got a better stay. Clean rooms with a contemporary feel, awesome service (lookout for Gaurav if you go there, very nice and humble person who serves on the reception), good food, and an incomparable location (its actually only a 5-minute walk to the TAJ east gate). It's right across from the Oberoi, so you should have no worry about the location. Stay here, get a 4 to 5 star service and spend those extra bucks you save somewhere else.

4  Thank desaidevarshi
Reviewed March 31, 2011

My family & I checked into this hotel for one night stay in Agra before we went to visit the Taj Mahal the next morning. It was a pleasant surprise after the 5 hour journey from Delhi, passing by the streets of Uttar Pradesh which is famous for being the least cleanest of cities. The check-in was fast & the enthusiastic hotel staff brought our baggages to our rooms. (Don't forget to tip them)

Each room has a safe, small fridge, complimentary tea, coffee & 2 bottles of mineral water. The LCD tv with over 100 channels of Hindi, Tamil & English channels would never fail to entertain guests. Like most hotels in India, there are no windows & its better that way. The bathrooms had the basics of a 3 to 4 star accommodation including a phone. (No hair-dryer though)

We were advised by our driver not to eat the street food or drink tap water & to stick to the food from the hotel restaurant so we obliged & we were not disappponted at all. Had a range of North Indian cuisines for lunch & dinner & the prices were value for money. For us food safety is more important & paying more to prevent any side-effects is nothing to be compromised.

The hotel has a swimming pool located at the rooftop & from there you can catch a glimpse of the Taj Mahal located about 1 km away. Nice place to chill out & take pictures if the weather is not too hot.

My only qualms about this hotel is the overly enthusiastic hotel bell boys. For the single ladies out there be careful & never be over-friendly with them. Luckily I was with my parents and even then upon seeing me & my sister leaving the restaurant after breakfast to return to our rooms, they would rush up via the staircase to our room level & asked if we need any cleaning service etc. I found this to be a little disturbing as they would hang around outside our rooms waiting for guests to check out so they could help carry our luggages in return for tips.

As I was about to check out on the same morning, I just shrugged off the incident & didn't bother to feedback to the hotel management. But that small incident aside, I would still recommend this hotel to the rest of the travellers to Agra.

For one or two nights stay, its definitely the best place to stay in Agra.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple