“DONT EVEN ENTER” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rajrani Residency

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Agra
Rajrani Residency
Ranked #109 of 146 Hotels in Agra
Bengaluru, India
“DONT EVEN ENTER”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

Its located in the busy dirty area of central agra. It looked like the place hasnt been cleaned since it was built. We had a booking for 7-8 feb 2014, but didnt get a room on arrival and were promptly transported off to another mediocre place in sadar bazar ( which was a shade better, but didnt have water,food or hygeine) . Rajrani hotel has a make shift lobby which reeks of old rancid oil, the floor is strewn with peanut shells and cigarette butts. Im grateful we didnt visit the rooms, as we were retching with the smell in the lobby itself. Please, travellers, do not enter the place!!!

Room Tip: We visited samovar hotel for a meal, and i found the service and food good, and the place quite clea...
Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank bhargavipawar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Mumbai
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

what pictures of hotel given on internet are totally fraud. actually hotel is like a ghost house. very poor cleaning all places of hotel are dirty, breakfast is horrible with poor hygiene.. my advise to all person looking for hotel never ever book hotel rajrani residency at agra. it is total lost of money.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Rajeev K

Travelers are raving about these Agra hotels

Imphal, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

Actually, I booked the hotel by error on part of Cleartrip. I booked a better hotel through Cleartrip on 22 November. But later on, Cleartrip informed that the previous hotel which was booked and paid for was unavailable. The amount paid was about Rs.3,000.00 per day for 4 nights. The Cleartrip offered this hotel instead. It was the worst experience, with no hot water, no room cleaning and service no intercoms, no fresh towel or bed sheet. No wifi and no lift forcing climbing upto 3rd floor without lift. Breakfast was given after taking from roadside hawker with no mineral water. Avoid this hotel like plague. I have never seen such worst hotel in India, not even worth Rs.500 per night. I am totally looted by Cleartrip. If you want to book by Cleartrip, double check with the the hotel by phone to be sure. The real-time hotel status of Cleartrip is not good.

Room Tip: If you book any hotel with agents like Cleartrip, always check with the hotel through phone, to avoi...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Mumbai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

I have stayed for one day in last wk of november I have faced the following poor condition in the room no @101. no hot water, poor service, no charging facility maximum plug are not working, lights are just beside the bed which is unsafe for children. floor are slippery. bathroom are small and very dirty.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Sabir A
Navi Mumbai, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Hotel was clean and facilities were up to the mark . Staff was very cooperative and the service provided was good. Arrangement to visit the Tajmahal was also done by the hotel staff . All in all it made my journey. As i was on a business trip the support and services given to me were up to the mark.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ghaziabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

It was excellent experience staying in the hotel, hotel was clean and felicities were up to the mark as promised in the website at the time of booking. Staff was very cooperative and the service provided was excellent. Arrangement to visit the Tajmahal on request were appreciable. In total it made my journey.

Room Tip: second floor rooms
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Winston Salem, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Okay, I’m am sorry, but the negative reviews are 100% correct. Yes the staff is humble and yes the Taj Mahal is great but the experience as far as staying at this hotel...YUCK! These pictures given by this hotel are FALSE! I stayed in the SAME ROOM shown in one of these pictures!! Look at my picture....the real pictures of how the room looks.
I booked this as a part of the budget tour and the travel agency warned me he did not think I would like the budget option. I told him that I only use rooms to sleep/shower and didn’t expect to be in it much...but THIS PLACE...I wouldn’t even take a shower here.
We arrived in Agra early we were supposed to do the Taj Mahal the next day but our tour guide said we were going to go ahead and do the Taj Mahal that day because the weather was great. With my excitement we checked in, put down our bags, did a quick "glance" and headed out. Had a great day at the Taj. We did not return to the room until almost 10pm. Very ready to take a shower and relax. I went into the bathroom. OMG! It was gross. The shower was a rusty pipe hanging out the wall, there was no tub nor even divider for the shower area and toilet area, just one small open area. The room smelled of car exhaust from the hole in the wall that appeared to lead outside. The mirror was tainted with mildew. The sink dripped nonstop and the pipes leaked. They had an old dirty rug on the floor to catch the water from the pipe.
The sheets on the bed were VERY old and damaged and stained. The pillows appeared to be soiled NOTHING about this room was satisfactory.
The tour guide was already gone and I didn’t even know how to reach him. We slept in our clothes. I wouldn’t even bother with the shower. If I used the bathroom I squatted. I have NEVER been in a place as low quality as this. That night the temp. dropped really low, maybe in the 30's (let’s give some credit to the hole in the wall leading outside.) We called to ask how to work the heater. There is no heat. It was like $6 to bring a heater up. It was 3am and the guide was picking us up in a few hours so we just dealt with it.
They serve breakfast in the morning. I will note that we passed on this. The person who was working the breakfast hands and fingernails were very dirty. No one wears any gloves.
The area was dirty but that’s most of India. There is a massive power transformer outside the hotel with wires hanging down. I would be certain that should be against some type of fire code.
I’m sorry but I really have to be honest and say don’t stay here. Just don’t do it. I attached pictures of EVERYTHING I described. As usual email me with any questions.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple