“Great day at the Taj Mahal”

Amin Tours Day Tours
Delhi Agra Delhi Full Day Car Driver and Guide
Ranked #39 of 264 Tours in Agra
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Amin Tours Day Tours, Private Guided Tour Delhi to Taj Mahal, Recommended by Lonely Planet 15th Edition published in Oct'2013 & 2015.
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I used Amin Tours for my day in Agra and used the train option traveling from New Delhi. Overall, I had a very good experience and would recommend this tour company.

The driver to take me to the train station showed up on time, but we quickly got stuck in traffic. Another man appeared immediately and led me on foot a short distance to the train station and got me to the correct train on time. It was an excellent solution.

My driver (Sunil) and guide (Faiz) for the day were waiting for me outside the Agra station with my name clearly printed on the placard. Faiz spoke excellent smooth English and provided great commentary and history throughout the day at the Taj Mahal, Fatehpur Sikri, The Agra Fort and the site of Black Taj Mahal across the Yamuna river offering another view of the Taj.

The lunch included at a local restaurant was very good and very plentiful and included several different dishes.

They do stop at two different stores which offer fixed priced items - one with inlaid marble items and the other silk rugs scarves and other items. I'm sure they get a commission, but the quality seemed quite nice. Of course, say no if you really don't want any of the items. It felt like a bit of a set-up, but I did get a few items I really like.

The weather that day was not great, but luckily I had brought along an umbrella. The guide didn't have one, but I'm sure would have picked one up if I did not have one either (which I think should be provided by the tour company). Due to the weather, the returning train schedule was delayed by over 2 hours. The tour company was sending a driver to Delhi that night and offered me a ride for a fee, but I did not feel I should pay extra as a return ride was already included in my fee, so I declined and stated I would wait for the train. After I went to the restroom, I did tell them that a ride with the driver would be okay, but the train was fine as well. I just didn't think I should pay extra. At this point, they offered me the ride in the car for no additional cost, of which I accepted. In the end, this avoided the tour company from having to arrange a ride from the train station in Delhi at 1 or 2 am - if the train was not further delayed, so it was a win / win for both of us.

Despite having to bargain in regards to my return trip, I would definitely recommend Amin Tours. Faiz was an excellent guide and I saw all the sites, as expected and on time. Being a solo female traveler, I also always felt safe and well taken-care.

All reviews
"day trip"
in 191 reviews
"taj mahal and agra fort"
in 79 reviews
"train station"
in 70 reviews
"met amin"
in 13 reviews
"new delhi"
in 74 reviews
"picked up from our hotel"
in 22 reviews
in 12 reviews
"friendly driver"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed January 25, 2014

When originally coming to Agra I thought going around the sights would be easy and that a tour guide was unnecessary - how wrong I was! After taking over an hour to even find our hotel on the first night we decided a tour may be in order for the next day and booked Amin Tours private all day tour. At a cost of $65USD or 3900Rs - it was well worth it! Faizan our guide spoke very clear english (among many other languages) and is very knowledgable about the history at each of the sites. We were picked up at 6.30am to see the Taj at sunrise but unfortunately fog made this impossible so instead we went to the ghost town first before Faizan timed our trip to the Taj perfectly - just before the crowds started and right when the sun came out. They drove us around all day where ever we wanted! Lunch and all fees are included which is a real relief! and meeting Amin to pay was great as he gave a super tip on how to get to Jaipur by bus and save about 4000Rs. Thoroughly enjoyable and the best relaxing way to see all the sights!

1  Thank newbietraveller2014
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Thanks to our tour guide, Faizan, my sister and I had a lovely day trip in Agra. Loved Agra Fort and the fact that we got there really early to beat the crowd. Absolutely breathtaking architecture... Lunch was amazing - simply the best Indian food I've ever had! Special thanks to Faizan for staying behind with us at the train station when the train was like 3 hours delayed!! All in all a great day!!

Reviewed January 25, 2014

This tour is planned perfectly. From the beginning to the end you feel safe. You enjoy every moment of the tour. The guide was really friendly and the driver was so courteous. Sorup (hopefully is well written) has a lot of information in his mind. Great guide. You not need to worry for anything. All the entrances are covered, the lunch, the train, the driver, the guide, everything!!!!! Furthermore, our train back to Delhi was delay and the drivers waited with us in Agra train station and the driver in Delhi waited for us until our train arrived. Really, you not need to worry for anything!!!!. Amin is such a nice person and he knows how to do his work perfect. One of the best things is that he replay your emails almost immediately. If you want to have the best experience of the Taj Mahal - Agra - Fatehpur without any doubt book this tour.