“The Best Place to Stay in Agra!”

Chatrath's Indian Home Stay
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Agra
Chatrath's Indian Home Stay
Ranked #14 of 183 Specialty Lodging in Agra
Nassau, New Providence Island
“The Best Place to Stay in Agra!”
Reviewed November 23, 2011

I emailed Ms. Chatrath whilst staying in New Delhi and wrote her that I needed two nights' accommodation in Agra. About two hours later, I received a telephone call from Ms. Chatrath. I was leaving New Delhi in three days and had arranged nothing for Agra. Ms. Chatrath expertly arranged a driver fetch me from New Delhi to Agra and take me on tours of Agra (Taj Mahal and Agra Fort) and Fatepur Sikri. Gulmohar Enclave, the neighbourhood where Chatrath's Guesthouse is located is gated, safe, peaceful, and quiet, a perfect respite from the crowds and noise of Agra. Ms. Chatrath is an excellent hostess and even a better cook. I recommend you have all of your meals in Agra prepared by Ms Chatrath. She is also very knowledgeable about the area and is an excellent source of information. Ms. Chatrath is also extremely helpful. Appalled about the prices I was asked to pay for souvenirs and artifacts by Agra merchants, Ms Chatrath personally accompanied me on a shopping expedition. She took me to the only shop in India where I felt I was not being over charged because I was a tourist. Unfortunately, I don't think that I can name the establishment in this review because of Tripadvisor policy. Just be aware that the quality of goods is excellent, not cheap tat, and prices were less than half demanded by other merchants. Of course, that did not stop me from haggling! Ms. Chatrath arranged my transportation from Agra back to the New Delhi Airport and even packed a delicious lunch for me to eat during the five hour drive! I will definitely advise anyone visiting Agra to stay at Chatrath's Guest House!

Room Tip: There are at most four guest rooms. Book early!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank Michael A
sonny c, Owner at Chatrath's Indian Home Stay, responded to this review, January 5, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind Compliments. We hope you see you again in the near future!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Perth Western Australia
Reviewed November 17, 2011

We arrived in Agra very late on the 14 November, Mrs Chatrath was very gracious and accommodating, she waited for our group of six adults and three children to arrive and provided an exceptionally home cooked meal, I recommend everyone try her Ginger Tea. Meena Chatrath's Agra homestay is central to most of Agra's attractions and being a gated community we felt very safe, In my opinion It's better value than the local hotels. If travelling to Agra do as we did and stay at Mrs Meena Chatrath Agra Homestay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Quack40
Thank You so much! We loved having you over as well. We appreciate the kind words of encouragement.
Wellington
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We loved Chatrath's home stay. Mrs Chatrath was so welcoming, we almost felt like we were in our own home. The room was big and comfortable and very clean. Having a home cooked Indian meal for dinner was really special and the food was delicious! The property was about a twenty minute drive from the Taj and was in a secure, quiet area with a guard, so we felt very safe. It was really nice leaving the chaos of Agra behind to go back here at night. I would definitely recommend staying at Chatrath's home stay in Agra.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wrigglespingpong
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 17, 2011

Mrs. Chatrath make us feel at home immediately. Our dinner was excellent, as was breakfast -- request sarson ka saag (a Punjabi dish with mustard greens). A great place to stay after a day at the Taj and Agra Fort, with a visit the next day to the "Pink City."

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank clifford2116
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 20, 2010

Had a 3 nights stay in October. We were recommended by our driver to this place and were really greatful to him as the homestay is very close to Taj Mahal. The hostess/owner Mrs. Chatrath was gracious and a great cook. We paid for cooking lessons with dinner which cost us around Rs. 400 each. I can confidently say that it's the best Indian food I have ever had.....

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends