Sterling Agra
$53
$34
$22
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsregal vistasterling resortsterling holidayssouth indian foodhotel is situatedswimming poolplus pointshort stayfront office stafffatehabad roadawesome staydecent hotelspecial thankswelcome drinkwi ficomfortable stayfood quality
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

It's hard to review hotels and restaurant here. If I compare with the hotels in India, this hotel would have been okay. If you look for a place to crash after exploring Agra, this place is sufficient. The hotel is not very clean, but the bed is. Don't be blinded by its flashy website. The gym consists of one treadmill and a multistation. I would not use the swimming pool since I smell garbage around the swimming pool.

One thing that I like is the laundry service; it's reasonable.

Will I recommend this hotel? It really depends. The rack rate is not cheap. Unless you get a good discount, I personally prefer to spend more to stay in a luxury hotel next time I visit India.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2014

After coming in from the intesity of Agra we were welcomed by friendly staff. Our double room was spacious and relatively quiet. We also had WiFi in room.

Location was great as the Taj Mahal was close by.

The restaurant was nice. Try the thali, as it was very tasty.

Overall very good compared to a lot of other indian hotels we stayed in.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OllyM528
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Superficially this is a nice hotel, however upon closer inspection the cracks begin to show.
A major leak had happened from the bathroom which had led to the disintegration of the flooring in the bedroom, which had not been attended to.
The plastic shower curtain was ripped off at both ends (obviously it had been swapped round at some point) meaning a waterproof join was impossible.
There was plenty of hot water, just a very clingy shower curtain to contend with.

Buffet breakfast was fine.

Only a 10 minute ride to the Taj, so ideally suited for that early sunrise photo op.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Hotel tajmahal was very special to me as I was there with my wife. We were in a honeymoon and Taj serves as very well. The hotel was good. The room services was good. Hope to come back Agra and Taj both. I am a food lover and I found their food very tasty and I loved it.

Room Tip: be sure what you want then ask for the room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple