“perfect stay near to taj”

Agra - Regal Vista, A Sterling Holidays Resort
Ranked #24 of 142 Hotels in Agra
Reviewed May 16, 2013

every thing was so nice no problem ,staff was so comfortable i will recommend it .nice view of the taj from the roof top & room .food was ex lent.staff was so prompt.when we arrive at the hotel we got the welcome drink and garlanding .hotel was so clean with the swimming pool .

The Room rate was very comfortable .it was the full value of the money.will recommend it again and again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
RajmahalHotelAgra, Manager at Agra - Regal Vista, A Sterling Holidays Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

13 June 2013
Dear Guest

Greetings from Rajmahal Hotel Agra, TajNagari Phase II Agra. Thank you for choosing Rajmahal as your preferred destination.

We are extremely delighted to receive such a positive and heart-warming feedback from your end.

It's customers like you who keep giving us the positive feedback which definitely gives our team members the thrust to perform even better.

On behalf of our entire staff here at Rajmahal we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travel plans bring you back to Agra.

Sincerely

Ravindra Singh
Deputy General Manager

There are newer reviews for Agra - Regal Vista, A Sterling Holidays Resort

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Its a nice and quite hotel near to Taj Mahal. Our one night stay on business purpose was comfortable. The hosts are very interactive and the GM- Mr. Ravindra personally paid attention to our needs and shared the experience. Breakfast was amazing and really enjoyed masala chai.

Way to go Raj Mahal!

Room Tip: Try for Taj View room!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Nice enough hotel though had to change rooms as the safe key for our room was missing. We arrived here when HOLI was being celebrated and Agra was full of people celebrating Colour everywhere and people riding up and down on motorbikes The room we ended up in was ok overlooking a derelict area where we watched kids roaming around The hotel had a swimming pool which we were going to try but it didnt look so good so we gave it a pass We had dinner in the restaurant which was good Had a choice between a la carte and buffet and chose buffet as we were hungry Choices were good for the price we paid and again the staff were very attentive to "SIR" We visited the Taj Mahal at sunrise and went back for breakfast which again was buffet and was good enough "SIR" paid the bill and MADAM tipped the doorman Overall I think it was one of the good hotels to stay in AGRA

Room Tip: We only stayed one night so we couldn't look at other hotels to see if we could have picked a be...
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Looked Ok ish from the outside and reception was small, which seemed to set the tone, the place felt cramped and was. The room whilst adequate for one night was small with too much crammed into it, the extractor fan exterior cover was broken in the bathroom which meant the local mosquito population had free access to your blood throughout the stay. Having killed about 20 without any letup we resorted to shutting the bathroom door with the fan on extract, cleared the bedroom, plastered on the deet and hunkered down for the night! Not particularly clean as the mosquito hunt uncovered the inch of dust on top of the wardrobe. Breakfast was uninspiring with indifferent staff. It may be good for local sights but this is one hotel that the tour companies need to take off their list of venues as we wouldn't stay there again.

2  Thank JayandSuz
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We booked this hotel by phone from Udaipur. Some of the reviews on Trip Advisor gave pause for concern but we decided to take a chance. The reservations manager we spoke to, Samar, was very helpful, gave us a reasonable rate and called us several times to confirm. On arrival he introduced himself and checked in with us periodically to ensure all was fine. He even helped me download photos onto a stick via his computer when my photo card filled up.

The room was fine; we were there in a cold spell and were immediately given extra blankets and a heater upon request. We had more than ample hot water. We had a "Taj view" but really, it's a stretch to say that as its pretty far away.

We found the food to be good and the waiters very attentive even though on the second night and morning they were really busy with several large family groups. I could possibly see the potential for things to go south... or maybe other travellers had much higher expectations but we found this place met our needs. Yes, wireless only in the lobby but it worked. We had no issues with the lift but often took the stairs (better to stay in shape). Don't expect any kind of views. The location was good, an easy drive to all the attractions. We only ate breakfast and dinner and slept and didn't need or want any more, therefore it "worked for us".

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I am writing this review for the benefit of all the couples who are planning to stay at this hotel!

I visited Agra in recently, and had stayed at this hotel. I had read the reviews about this hotel, and ignored some of the not so good reviews, because the room looked real nice- MY BAD!

The first night was ok. However, WHILE I WAS BUSY VISITING THE TAJ NEXT DAY, THE HOTEL STAFF PACKED MY LUGGAGE IN MY ABSENCE AND CHECKED ME OUT. And this happened when i had specifically informed the reception guy in the morning that i was planning to stay, and they should get my room cleaned and replenish the coffee/tea bags.

Of course, i got to know this when i reached back to the hotel in the evening. The lady manager started snapping at me with an accusatory tone that why was my mobile was switched off! She also started shouting that its their policy to give room only for a day at a stretch, and that they informed this to me at my arrival, which they never did!!

I demanded that they call the guy who was present in the morning, which they never did.

I had also put in a note in my room - "Please put extra milk packs for tomorrow". I guess the staff didn't understand the simplest English, or they chose to ignore it.

SO, THERE I WAS, STUCK IN AGRA, WITH MY WIFE, AND WITHOUT A ROOM. As to why they did this, the only logical conclusion I could derive was - THEY GOT ANOTHER INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMER WITH DEEPER POCKETS! Yes, they seemed to be negotiating with another customer in parallel!!! - Some nerves!

6  Thank travelreviewer2013
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Our 4th hotel in our trip...
From some of the reviews, we had a mild concern about here, but as we pulled off the road to the front of the hotel we thought "This place looks great".
We were greeted by a chap in traditional dress, very smiley, very happy, fantastic moustache! And happy to have his photo taken.

Sadly though, I'm afraid the positives largely end there.

Our room (3114) had bad A/C issues, it worked, but the smell it gave out was pungent. We could not see the 'Taj Mahal' as I had been told when we booked, so I went back to reception.

The receptionist lady has the human interaction skills of a house brick. I know it cannot be an easy job, but initially hearing her talk to the guests in front of me, I knew I was in for an interesting conversation!
Anyway, it transpires 'no' I had not got a 'Taj' room, and if I wanted it it would be another 2000 rupees, I asked if this was in total, and was told yes.
I handed over 2000 and was then asked for another 2000, totalling 4000. Maybe total doesn't mean the same thing in this hotel?! So I handed over another 2000 and were taken to room 4010.
From here we could indeed see 'The Taj', but the twin beds arent exactly ideal for myself and my wife, they offered to push the beds together but I was getting pretty worked up, the 'view' was not worth the 4000, the beds were poor and we were very much on the edge of leaving to find somewhere else.
Another complaint later and we were given our 4000 back and room 3004. Fine, A/C didnt smell and it had a double bed, so that'll do.

Rooms aside, the hotel is straddled by wasteland, the view from the window (from 3011) was a guy washing his willy, properly scrubbing away, indian style - with a jug and bucket.

I had read on here about a roof terrace... There are no signs for this in the hotel, and when asked at reception, "No we dont have one" was the answer we got.
However, take the lift (if you trust its tempremental nature) to floor 4, and walk up the final set of stairs... Hurrah, there is the mythical terrace, and with another raised section gets you higher again to give you this hotels ONLY redeeming feature, a great undisturbed view of the Taj, much clearer than any of the room views.
Why they dont advertise it I dont know, but what a great view from up there.

Back to earth with a bump, the hotel is dry. Its been mentioned in other reviews, but the hotel does not have an alcohol license, so there is no beer available. Someone wrote here exactly a year ago that they had applied for one... They obviously didnt get it!!!
We went next door to the "Taj DarBar" restaurant, this served its purpose, but I've written its own review.
We did have 1 meal which was distincly mediocre, although to give them some credit, the 2 young waiter chaps were quite friendly, where as the manager (I assume) walked around with a 'better than you' air about him... He brought over our food menus and we immediately asked for 2 cokes, but he clearly was going to do nothing with this order, as 5 minutes later the young waiter came over and asked us if we would like drinks!

Also worth noting, "Wifi in all rooms", no, its not. reception area only, and thats patchy at best.

Room tip, if you must stay here then dont waste your money on the upgrade... But that is a big IF.
I would not recommend this place, and would push your budget and go elsewhere.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple