“Family Trip to Agra”
Review of Sterling Agra

Sterling Agra
Ranked #20 of 147 Hotels in Agra
Reviewed March 14, 2013

First of all i am very much thankfull to this Hotel Rajmahal staff, who made my stay as comfort as my own home....... A True home Away from Our Home......
Its situated with very comforts area for easy approach to anywhere in city. especiallt thanks to management staff, Desk staff, Room service staff, Cleaning staff and very much important COOKING STAFF !!!!!!!!, Wonderfull Food with diffrent variety.....
I am Strongly Recomends all to stay this hotel, Wish you all good Lucl And keep this up......

Capt. Parminder Singh

Room Tip: All Rooms are Excelent, Only thing we are Lucky if we get Our online Reservation to this hotel. Dear...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 11, 2013

i stayed 2 nights in this hotel.rooms were small but clean.location was OK and there was a KFC only 5 min. by walk from hotel.
air condition didn't work and i had to use roof fan.water pressure for shower was low at nights.
but the disaster happens in the morning.staffs loud speaking in hall ways and narrow walls easily pass voices and noises from other rooms.
there is only one elevator and it never comes.and if luckily you get to it, you at least stock in elevator about 15 min. because it goes wherever want and only by chance you may reach to your destination floor.
I had problem with my room safe box and after one hour explanation, they finally sent someone who could help me.
breakfast tables was not enough and you had to wait for table to become empty.also breakfast was poor and kitchen staff were lazy.i had to ask 3 times tor a cup of tea.and 3 times for someone to clean the table.surely never come back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is a modern but basic corporate looking hotel, although absolutely fine for a short stay. Bedrooms and bathrooms were clean and comfortable with a decent hot shower. Breakfast was very good compared to the other hotels we stayed in India. There was a computer in reception, use of which was complimentary, although one of the other guests told me that on one occasion one of the staff members charged her to use it. The woman on reception was completely useless, which was so disappointing for me given the lack of visibility of women generally in the Indian workplace. She spoke poor English, had no knowledge whatsoever of any of the tourist sites in Agra and generally didn't seem to care less about guests. The pool area stank of sewage but this is India and I don't think many people come to Agra to swim in a pool! The absolute best thing for us about this hotel was the lovely tuk-tuk driver who sits outside the hotel. His name is Ajid and he has the spotlessly clean tuk-tuk with "Price" written across the bottom of the front window. Ajid took us around to see a few of the sites and was absolutely delightful to spend time with. If you stay in this hotel I'd definitely get Ajid to take you around.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 1ngt . This place is near by taj mahal, rooms wr very comfortable. Very nice place, breakfast n 2 mineal bottles wr complimentry with nature's essence toiletries. Food was good, brk fast was also good. Staff was very active. But thi only this i felt bas was that the room wr not sound proof. I could hear the voice of my neighbours n thr chat2 . Over all a good place to stay for a day or two ...

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 28, 2013

A modern hotel, which has it's advantages. The beds were comfortable, the bath water was hot and the breakfast was OK.
It really is a place to stay for a short time. It's in a side road off the main road, but away from that it was the usual chaos of India and I was so glad that our kindly driver took me to find a pharmacy in the mini bus.

Room Tip: Ours looked out onto waste ground, where a pack of feral dogs lived, but fortunately they were quiet...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed here for a night during our trip in India
It is not a nice hotel ,not internet in the room,the restaurant impersonal like all the hotel
Not very clean
The rooms are big enough
Agra generally it is not a nce town than we didnt expect special conditions
It is a 2 maximum 3 stars hotel standard

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is purporting to be a 4 star hotel but it takes more than a shower and a lift to make 4 star quality.
First the positves:
The room was scrupulously clean and the hot water in the shower good. It had a lift and there was free wifi in the room although slow and sporadic.There was a fridge and kettle in the room.
The negatives:
The hotel is in the middle of nowhere off a main road with no shops in walking distance. There is a resaurant opposite and a KFC a walk away but absolutely nothing else and our driver warned us against walking ther after dark. (He didn't do that anywhere else).
The attitude of the reception staff was poor, lackadaisical and condescending.
The non reception staff had very limited english. i asked for a glass of cold milk from room service and it took 3 attempts to get it cold. I understand that indians usually drink milk warmed but when I have sent it back because I want it cold it is difficult to understand why it returned hot.
Room service advertised "make your own sandwich" with a variety of fillings which could be plain , toasted or griiled. I ordered a cucumber sandwich and what was brought had been put through one of those sandwich makers which were popular a few years ago. Grilled cucumber is not a good taste.
Soundproofing was poor so you could hear everthing in other rooms.

I had been sold this hotel by the Helpline at Last minute .com which I had contacted on another matter. They told me that there was a special promotion of a free ticket to the Taj Mahal and it stated this on the slip we had to give in. When we asked for the ticket they said it was not included. When we argued the point that it clearly stated so on the booking form they said it only applied to Indian nationals. For foreigners Taj tickets cost about £10 so a free ticket would be a good promotion but for Indian nationals a ticket costs about 25p so there is no inducement and the whole promotion was a scam to which Lastminute colluded.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple