“A very annoying experience” 1 of 5 bubbles

Priya Restaurant
Ranked #52 of 270 Restaurants in Agra
Cuisines: Indian, International, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Priya Restaurant is a multi-stroyed building having a cover of almost 310 pax is famous for it's quality in food & services. It has 2 centrally A.C. halls and a roof top garden restaurant. Priya is located on the Fatehabad Road ,Near Hotel Trident. Priya has a capacity of 310 pax at a time. It has a well decorated ambiance which is both neat and clean and eye soothing also. The Restaurant is centrally air-conditioned and has generator backup for load shedding periods.We serve Indian, Mughlai, Chinese and Continental cuisine at affordable rates. We also have Beer Bar facility with us.We also arrange live entertainment,e.g., Puppet show,Magic Show,Musical Programme also for your valuable clients.Priya Restaurant is recommended both by the Lonely Planet and the Rough Guide to India . Priya Restaurant has a professionally trained team where utmost care is taken to ensure complaint free service and feedback obtained from every client.
Navi Mumbai, India
“A very annoying experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Reading all the previous reviews i thought for a moment to whether to write it. But i think i should put down my experience.
For the first time in India i thought i was facing racism, funny since the other guy was a waiter who also happens to be Indian.
We came here with a group of people europeans, americans, chinese and Indians. We entered the hotel and this waiter was bringing menu cards to our table, suddenly he saw these foreigners and rushed to them with the pamplets. After the manager noticed we were waiting he called me then only he came to us, we thought this was a mistake.
But later he did not bother to take order until we called, i did not want to make a scene in front of my colleagues, but this was disgusting.
Food was ok, but wohave seen better at this price.
My wife also observed one thing. Outside the washrooms, whenever a foreigner will come out there will be a guy standing outside handing out wipes after wipes but any indian comes out he would turn the other way.

I hope the management something about this ill treatment to our fellow countrymen. I know athithi devo bhava, it does not mean we show disrespect to our own brothers and sisters.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kiran2873

Goiania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the best Tandoori Chicken”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

We - my aunt and I- we ate the best Tandoori Chicken from all over India in Priya Restaurant. The desserts gulab and Kheer (rice pudding)are superb.Gaurav is a very attentive host. We do recommende it.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank fbhardy
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Everything that we tasted were absolutely delicious . I really loved the 4 people special with 2 veg and 2 non veg platter with 4 different types of nan. I can't remember the name now. The price is very affordable. Most of all the cleanliness made me amazed after the fact that I was in many other places before this. Moreover dance entertaining made my kids talk about if even after I left from there. Thanks to Gaurav.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Blessvarghese
Agra, India
“mouth watering taste..........yummmmyyy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Priya Restaurant.........this is the best place to eat........i went here with a group of 16 people from Australia, coz they love Indian cuisine. They all enjoyed the food a lot, mouth watering taste of food and excellent service and friendly atmosphere. Highly recommended by me to all my friends and to the people who made there visit to Agra city of Taj!!!!

Visited August 2013
“Had a wonderful time with awesome indian meals at Priya”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Went over there with my american friends as this place was recommended by one of my friend and the experience was great. Food was very tasty and ideal for indian as well as westerners taste buds. Highly recommended!!!!

• Visited June 2013