“A disappointment”

Ranked #30 of 197 Agra B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“A disappointment”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

My Southern Indian friend and I stayed at this hotel for one night as part of our recent Golden Triangle tour. The hotel was chosen for us by our independent Indian tour operator who had been recommended to me by a friend.
This was the only hotel that I was unsure about before commencing my tour, due to previous Tripadvisor reviews, and I was right, don’t get me wrong, it is clean and the room was spacious but it has no character. But this is likely to be the same for the whole of Agra, a place that I would not choose to visit if it was not for the Taj Mahal, which is truly wonderful.
I asked at reception in the evening if we could have coffee delivered to the room at 5.15am before our sunrise visit to the Taj and was told “phone room service in the morning”. When I did there was no answer, or from reception, so I went downstairs and was told that “room service” started at 6am. (A bit late when you are leaving for sunrise at the Taj at the same time!) But the guy there did eventually arrange coffee for us (chargeable of course!). I did find this somewhat ridiculous for a hotel that obviously mainly caters for guests doing the same thing as ourselves.
This is the only hotel we stayed in throughout our whole tour without a kettle and coffee in the room! (It had a fridge full of cold drinks for us to buy though!) Breakfast, after the sunrise visit to the Taj, was so-so, and at dinner the night before we’d felt rushed, plus despite wine being on the drinks list, they had no white wine in stock.
I have passed on my concerns to my tour operator, I don’t blame him at all due to the quality of the other hotels we stayed in, (see my reviews of the Florence Inn Delhi, Hotel Mahal Khandela Jaipur and Ranthambore Regency), which were all excellent. I’m sure he will not use this hotel again as he welcomes the feedback from his clients.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank sue147reethi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
northern ireland
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This hotel has nothing wrong with it, but also nothing quite right with it either. It is pretty boring! But we were there for only 1 night so that didn't really matter. The bathroom was modern and shower actually surprisely good. Air-con was noisy.
Breakfast had limited choices (and we had to pay for bottled water!) but was enough to get us going.

Room Tip: 3rd person can stay in double room as hotel will provide a mattress for the guest to sleep on.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed in Hotel Siris 18 on Sept 23 for 1 night, the hotel is not in city proper area but the big, modern, clean room and friendly staffs make up for it.

The breakfast has less food option, but the waiters are all nice and attentive.

The hotel is ok to stay for overnight, as there is nothing to do in the hotel or nearby places to go to. (its fine by me as I was out the whole day for a tour anyway) They have spa facility - tried the foot spa, it was ok nothing great.

Somehow my wifi was not connecting to my laptop, and have to use the business center w/c is open 24/7 at Rs 50.00 per hour! Staffs were so helpful and accommodating- they even call the spa therapist to come early (they open at 11am only) to accommodate me as i am leaving the hotel at 1100 hrs to Jaipur.

note: there are some construction going on at the hotel premises (outside) they were not loud or anything, but i am aware of the little noise they make as it's right below my window.

Overall i had a good overnight stay in Siris 18 Agra.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Gurgaon
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We Stayed at this hotel three years ago and stayed this time also the standard is Still the Same. Good and spacious rooms. Value for Money. Ambience good. food is Passable . SPA is good. Car Parking space is outside hotel,

• Stayed August 2012
New Delhi, India
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We didn't choose this hotel. we booked some other hotel through MMT and due to some technical problem (happened with me for the first time) my booking was not confirmed. MMT booked this hotel and assured that this is better than the hotel I selected. They offered me the Super Deluxe Room. The room was spacious but lacked adequate furniture. There was just one chair apart from the double bed. No dressing and study table. Bathroom is poorly built. The only operational restaurant (Kuch bhi) is small and food is not so great. The complementary breakfast was below average. The only thing I liked about this place is the staff. They were courteous and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Amiens
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Sooooo, how to say it in english, the bathtub was unsealed and moving while having a shower, the roof top restaurant does not exist anymore, instead you can have a nice view on two broken bathtubs. Some parts of the AC seemed like being partly eaten by a rat or a mouse (let's hope it didn't die inside) and all AC filters are moist or dusty. We came we saw, sadly we spent a night,and we left fast without asking for breakfast..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kendall99344

Travelers are raving about these Agra hotels

New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed there for two nights in "off season" but the hotel really made it for us. The staff was good plus the rooms were really nice and clean. Food at the buffet was reasonably good. Hot water in both taps was an issue though. Rest it gets a 4 out of 5

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple