“Good food but poor hygiene standards”
Review of Only Restaurant

Only Restaurant
Ranked #209 of 278 Restaurants in Agra
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
New Delhi, India
“Good food but poor hygiene standards”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I visited this restaurant with my spouse and son on final day of my leisure trip (15-17 August) to Agra. The restaurant seems to be visited by returning loyal customers and foreign tourists who are often accompanied with their tour agent.

Good things about this restaurant

Great location. Easy to find. We were looking for recommendations on TripAdvisor on our mobile while driving through Agra. Spotted it easily on Mall road.

The food is good. I won’t say exceptional but it provides a welcome relief from rich curries and gravies that you consume in other restaurants. The non-vegetarian food is well cooked (we ordered Bhuna Ghost and Chicken Tikka). The gravy is similar to home cooked one. Very light and easy to digest.

The staff and waiters were courteous and kind.

The meals are decently priced. Each dish is priced 25-50 rupees lower than similar dish is other restaurants.

Bad things about this restaurant

The restaurant is strict NO for people who consider hygiene as of prime importance. The door closer of the main door was broke; thus letting in hundreds of flies inside the dining area. There was no fly trapper machine to kill flying insects and flies. The open door was also fading the effect of the air conditioner. The restaurant also needs repair on it walls as they are marked with seepage and torn wallpaper.

The food was served to us without removing the used linen from the table. It was dotted with curries strewn by leaving guests.

The waiters seem to be overworked as there were only 2 or 3 to serve so many tables. Despite their old age they were running from table to table. The waiters were wearing worn out white shirts which show negligence on part of the management.

The restaurant does not accept credit cards (Cash Only)

• Visited August 2014

Hyderabad, India
“Good place to dine”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Had lunch at this place. Food was tasty and good. Butter chicken was one of the best. Place is clean and value for money.

• Visited June 2014
Sacramento, California
“Delhi Belly in Agra”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Never felt so sick in my life and I'm certain it was from eating at this restaurant. Something was either unsanitary or poorly refrigerated. Glad I ate there AFTER visiting the Taj Mahal!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank criticaltravelwriter
Sydney, Australia
“I have since found some bad reports, but my experience was great!”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

5 of us decided to "get away from the swanky hotel" and try something local. I will admit, we took our national guide with us, however, staff spoke English, so really not a problem.
It was nice to read an Indian menu and select something a bit different .... a couple of us, opted for a type of mezza plate .... a selection of curries, from entree, through to a rice dessert.
I know the others in our party enjoyed their meals, and so did I ....
It was the most expensive meal on the menu, and by the time you added a couple of beers, the meal I had, was probably the cheapest I had in India .... about AUD12.
The place is not flash, but that doesn't worry me and it seems frequented by mainly Europeans .... those who seem to want to be a bit more adventureous. I can only suggest ..... give it a try, it is a nice break from eating at at hotel in Agra!
I will however, suggest TA check the address ... TA shows it different from my photo

• Visited February 2014
Sydney, Australia
“This is a major miss, if you are visiting Agra and miss it! A great dinner out!”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Agra doesn't seem to cater for many international tourists venturing far beyond their respective hotels, however, we were advised about this restaurant and opted for a meal there.... only a short drive within Agra, it is not a flash establishment, however, for me, that often means, food is great! We were not dissappointed.
Obviously Indian, individual dishes were appreciated by others, however, 2 of us elected to try the "tasting" plate ..... starting with entrees, through to dessert. Wine expensive as can only be purchased by the bottle, so we opted for Indian beer. The "tasting plate" meal (which was the most expensive on the menu) with beer, cost around AUD12.
I was in shock .... cheapest meal and one of the best.... that I have had in India, so far ...
It is frequented by international tourists, so obviously, many know of it's existance .... give it a try! A great night away from the swanky, expensive hotel type resorts in Agra

• Visited February 2014