“Number 1 hotel during our entire India trip”

Ajay International Hotel
Ranked #89 of 200 Agra B&B and Inns
Warsaw, Poland
“Number 1 hotel during our entire India trip”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

During our 2-week long vacation in India we stayed in a total of 5 budget hotels. This is our Number 1.

Ajay and his crew went above and beyond in making our stay a wonderful experience. When we got sick and unexpectedly had to stay an extra night, Ajay offered medical assistance and organized a special meal to help end our suffering. Ajay's and his crew's customer service skills have by far exceeded our expectations.

Also, this hotel had the best wifi connection out of all the places in India where we stayed. Not only was it very reliable (which is not the case in many Indian hotels) but it was also quite fast! Moreover, a nice western-like music TV channel made our stay at Ajay International even more pleasant.

Excellent place with the best staff. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Martin O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed May 4, 2014

A very decent hotel with excellent food. Had real good time. This place is situated at an historical place and has old world charm. Worth exploring the surroundings.
The rooms are well maintained and the bathrooms were clean. The staff were equally courteous....will rate 8.5 out of 10

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed April 29, 2014

The hotel is very near to Agra Fort rly. station. The AC rooms (double bed) are neatly maintained and well kept at the time of check-in at 03:30 am and want to check out at 11.00 pm at night. We went out for sight seeing at 10:00 am and arrived hotel at 09:50 pm. There is no problem in staying.
However, the transport arrangement made by the Hotel was literally cheating the tourists. At the time of contacting, they agreed for providing 1 AC travera for 11 persons (adults-7 & Minors-4) for sightseeing in agra and we accepted their offer so that the pick-up from station is free. When leaving for sightseeing adjusting with ourselves in Travera, they suggested to take one more indica saying that when travelling with 11 persons, AC would not work and Transport officials will fine for travelling 11 persons, which should be paid by us. This was not informed to us when we contacted with the hotel owners before booking. If we want to opt for another tempo vehicle (9 seater) from another travels, hotel owner stated that we had to pay Rs.600/- for night charges for arraning pick-up service, if we wanted another travels other than the Hotel transport. They forced us to take one more Indica for sightseeing for Rs.1700/-.in addition to AC travera for Rs.2800/- We had no other option except to go for one more vehicle at the last moment. After sight seeing, the driver of the Travera takes the vehicle to shopping areas, where he gets his commission for the amount spent by us. For example, we were taken in the vehicle to a Agra Peta sweet shop, where the 1/2 kg. packet of Agra Peta was sold to us for Rs.350/-(on bargain it was reduced to Rs.300/) saying that it is pure quality made of honey, kesar, badam. It is very surprised to note that the same quantity and quality with same packet was available in Agra Cantt. Rly. station for Rs.90/-. Don't purchase any item from the shops where the cab drivers take the tourists. Hence Hotel room is very good, but transport is very bad.
We reached hotel 09:50 pm after sightseeing and shopping at sweet shop. We are supposed to check out at 11.00 pm to go to Agra fort rly. station to board our train at 02:00 am, but the hotel manager is so harsh that he was trying to vacate us at 10.00 pm onwards and sent hotel staff for three times to keep our luggage down saying that driver will not be available for transporting to station, if we delayed in vacating, as a result of which we hurriedly packed our baggage and vacated the room even without washing our tired faces. There is no rush in the hotel to allot our vacated room. I don't know why the Manager of the hotel was harsh in vacating us. Except the Manager's behaviour, the hotel is good and comfortable within the budget range of a family.

Room Tip: Don't depend on the transport of hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank 1969bobby12345
Varanasi, India
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Hotel AJAY INTERNATIONAL AGRA is a very good hotel,nice courteous staff, always ready to help.Don't overlook the owner of the HOTEL,he is always true speaking and helpful to his customers.The location of the hotel is amidst market most busy from 10am to 10pm but no problem. The restaurant needs to be more improved specially for lunch and dinner.Room no 206 is the best,we were lucky to get it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank sonalichatterjee29
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2014

At first I wanted to write a review highlighting all the bad and poor points then as I was putting these in to order in my mind I began to remember all the good points. So I will start with these.
The hotel is close to the Agra Fort railway station and Agra Fort. I walked to both. I suggest you do a trail walk before you need to catch your train as the route is a little out of the ordinary. Basically you walk to the end of the street , keeping a look out on the left for an archway or entrance to what seems like waste land or an "open aired toilet". You go through and you will see a footbridge. Take the bridge and you come out near platform 1. The man at the desk will help you too.
While I was at the hotel there was a power cut, as the main lights went out emergency lights came on in the hotel, soon after the generator started. The foyer is very good and the staff welcoming and helpful. They told me about the shortcut to the station. My train was not until 18:30 and my bags were stored safely at the hotel until I needed them.
The restaurant was ok, I think. I did not entirely trust the hygiene of the kitchen. I had a few stomach gripes, nothing serious and they could not all be from the Ajay. However, there was not much better restaurants to be had near by as far as I could see, but then again I was there during a power cut.
The room was ok, could be cleaner and the shower mediocre but useable. Another resident told me that they had not had a shower that day because they did not like the cleanliness of it and complained that the door was dropping off. However, this is hearsay, though I have no reason to doubt it.
I checked the sheets when I arrived at the room but I did not do a good enough job only to find out the next day that they were not totally clean and I had a long black hair at the foot of the bed where I did not look. It made me cringe. However, I am still here and as far as I know not suffering any degenerating skin complaints. So beware and check thoroughly all those things that concern you.
All this said the room cost only $13-14 a night for one or two people, so you cannot expect "The Ritz".
So on balance, would I come here again. With reluctance I would say "yes", if I needed to in a position to catch a train from Agra Fort in a hurry or I needed a budget hotel. So I gave the hotel two stars for the long black hair, had that not been there it would have been three for the friendliness of the staff alone. They were really nice.

Room Tip: Check the room and bed before you occupy it.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Hightrav3ller

Travelers are raving about these Agra hotels

Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed February 25, 2014

People are very kind and friendly. Services are nice. Price is reasonable. Foods are delicious. Everything was very good for me including location. It s just about 250m from Agra fort railway station. And also close to Bazar and Jami Masjid. Easy to go to Agra fort and Taj mahal as well.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank CcccC77
sydney
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed at this hotel as i had a 6 a.m. train in the morning, and it is only a few minutes walk north of the station. My train was delayed, first by 2 hours and then by another 2 1/2 hours (which is pretty normal) and both times the owner let me go back to my room and watch TV while i waited.
Not too keen on the food though.
Altogether a good spot for the price, you can walk to the Taj in 30 mins or take a 30 rupee rickshaw.
Don't go out of the main station exit, go over to platform 4/5 and walk left down the alley to the gate and then make a sharp right around the wall and head back along the road.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo