“adequate for a low-cost stay”
Review of Indian Homestay

Indian Homestay
Ranked #14 of 205 Agra B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 22, 2012

we stayed during off-season, incredibly hot July. Location not suitable for explorations on foot. Rooms small, basic with basic bedding but clean and value for money. Okay if only to sleep. Breakfast: toast, jam, mangoes and cheap juice. Host arranged very informative guide for Taj Mahal and palace as well as transport at a very reasonable rate. All in all: adequate for what we required.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Floh T
There are newer reviews for Indian Homestay

Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed here in February 2010 while visiting India. Col. Lamba is a gentleman and nothing was too much trouble for him. The accommodation is basic but comfortable and all basic necessities are provided for, he also provided a car and a driver at a very resonable rate. Absolutely no complaints and highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paddy C
Reviewed March 27, 2012

From the moment I arrived, Colonel and Mrs Lamba made me feel very welcome. They sat me down straight away and gave me tea in their sitting room, and told me about the holi festival of colour which was going on that day, warning me that I might be daubed with paint if I wandered about the streets...in the event a friend of theirs came in and gave each of us a yellow blob on our foreheads! I only stayed here one night and was out for most of the time; I'd like to have had much longer to listen to Colonel Lamba talking about his life and his long career in the Indian army, which had taken him to every state in the country except for two. Another time, perhaps. I liked my room and its name - Mumtaz - having seen the Taj Mahal I thought this was propitious! I slept very well there and was sorry to leave this hospitable and courteous couple in the morning.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank ChristinaSLP
Reviewed January 24, 2012

A comfortable place to stay in Agra with lovely hosts. The Colonel is very knowledgeable and very helpful with any problems/queries.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rhondda B
Reviewed January 17, 2012

This property was very hard to find and we arrived too late for dinner. We were too tired to try to go back into the downtown area to eat. Our hosts kindly made us sandwiches for a snack.

Breakfast was very simple but filling. Our room was okay but the bed was quite hard. Probably the best thing about our room was the hot water tank in the bathroom so we had a nice hot shower in the morning.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hydehaven
Reviewed November 23, 2011

first impression was not great. the rooms are very 'homestay' which is exactly as advertised. however, I'd like to see rooms that look a bit more updated. It felt like I was staying in their teenagers' former bedroom room -- so like stay at an old family friend's house. the bathrooms were the type where you take a shower and soak the bathroom -- made a bit better b/c they provided shower curtains which helped (and again was a rare experience in these type of bathrooms where we stayed elsewhere).

there was an AMAZING rooftop that was lovely place to read a book, watch a sunset, watch a sunrise and hang out. We were there during Diwali and saw a great fireworks display from the rooftop.

the rooms were basic -- India TV stations, A/C, clean sheets and towels (which I learned you can't take for granted). The breakfast was made to order basic western fare -- option of eggs, toast, Indian jam (colored pectin) and butter, nescafe/tea -- no Indian options.

The owner was super nice and clearly proud of his place and wanted you to have a good experience.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank om10
Reviewed November 11, 2011

The hotel is far from the centre of Agra and even you can see Taj Mahal from the roof of the hotel it is still a long distance to the downtown. The most disappinting thing is the size of rooms - no place to put you bags, unefficient AC, noisy fan. The frdge in our room remembers Second World War or just after;-))) - it was just a store device as it was not cooling at all !!! Stairs are steep so it is difficult to carry your bags to and from the room. Beakfasts were basic. The only good point in ths place is the Owner-helpful and nice. The property is just a mistake if you go there. Sorry to say that but it is just true.....

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple