“Ooty-queen of hill stations”

Sponsored by:
Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sponsored by:
4 helpful votes
“Ooty-queen of hill stations”
Reviewed December 12, 2008

Ooty(also called ootacamund) is a wonderful hill station situated in Tamil nadu. I made the trip with my fiancee in april 2008. the serenity of the mountains always attracted me and ooty was a wonderful breakway from my monotonous office routine. we started from Bangalore at around 11 PM. there are buses for ooty at regular intervals from Majestic bus terminal at bangalore. we travelled at night to save on the time (the journey is approx 8 hrs) but a day journey will enable you to enjoy the road journey with nature at its best.

we reached Ooty at around 7am in the morning. we put up at hotel near the bus station. regarding your stay there are a lot of hotels catering to the needs of all type of travelers. we took conducted tour of the hill station which is a good option since there are a lot of places to visit which are scattered all over ooty. the Ooty lake situated at the midst of the hill station is a wonderful location wih its crystal clear water and mystic surroundings. there is boating facility available there. several other must visit spots include the botanical garden which is wonderful in its own way with its collection of age old trees and a host of varities of flowers. we also visited the suicide point. overall its a wonderful getaway location for one and all. the memories i brought back from Ooty will be treasured all throughout my life. And last but not the least dont forget to bring back the home made chocolates which are plentiful in every shop in and around ooty and also try to get in the toy train. :)

4 Thank goingaround365
India
“Ooty best place for the newly married...”
Reviewed December 10, 2008

The Dolphines Nose point of Ooty is the best place to visit. There are various places which are at a height, but thjisplace is at the most peak and at the edge there is a steep valley which is the most horrifying. The atmosphere is the most romantic in its own essense. Best Suited for honeymoon couples.

2 helpful votes
“My Favourite Place in South”
Reviewed December 8, 2008

We are back from Ootacamund, or known as "Ooty" the beautiful queen of South India. The enchanting mountains seems to be holding the clouds and inviting all. Clothed with green carpet of tea gardens, with placid sorroundings, the views from the hills give you glimpse of the nature's beauty which you will rarely see. The cool climate builds enthusiasm to the old to behave like a child. The people no more envy you as they, even though do not have sufficient money like you, understand that they are living their life in the best way they could which you cannot have with all that of your money in your cities.

the hotels are very comfortable and low in cost, and management is hospitable.

I would love to visit this marvelous place every year.

2 Thank unnikk
chennai
4 helpful votes
“Ooty: A place of beauty”
Reviewed December 6, 2008

When we planned our first college excursion, the first thing that came to our mind is Ooty. As many of us haven’t visited Ooty, everyone agreed to it unanimously. I would quote Shelly’s words “A thing of beauty is a joy forever” to describe my visit to Ooty. We enjoyed every minute of our stay in Ooty.

As we have a pre-planned arrangement of our stay and vehicle necessities, we had nothing to worry about and all we had is enjoyment. We stayed in a place called “Green’s Lodge”. It’s quite a nice place and the people over there looked after our necessities. We started our sight seeing only in the afternoon as there was a lot of fog in the morning. We were well prepared for the trip with our sweaters and woolen shawls.

First, we visited the Lake, which is situated behind the Main bus stand. We heard the vendors saying that the Lake is about two kilometers in length. Though many of my friends don’t know swimming and were scared of water, we can’t resist ourselves from taking a boat ride. It’s quite safe too, as we were provided with life jackets and the security personnel were keeping a close watch on everyone in the boat.

After an unforgettable boat ride and some shopping we left for the “Botanical Garden”. We were amazed by the gorgeous, well-maintained flowers and rare plant species. Amidst all these beautiful scenes, we were quite surprised by a thing called fossil tree trunk, which almost looks like a piece of rock and it is about a million of years old.

We then returned back and stayed at the Lodge. Food is quite a problem in Ooty and we can’t find many good restaurants at an affordable price. The next morning we went to Dodabetta, which is said to be the highest peak in Ooty. Though it would be a nightmare for acrophobic persons, we had a great time there. A long view observatory is located in the peak, which had two telescopes and we can see various plains through it.

That evening we left Ooty with sweet memories of our trip. With a minimum pollution level and polythene bags banned inside the town, Ooty can definitely be called “Queen of Hill Stations”.

2 Thank heart_thorbe
Pune
“My Favourite place in Tamil Nadu is Ooty”
Reviewed December 5, 2008

It has been a long time since i had visited Ooty. I had visited the same during my childhood.

I had gone with my wife this time. We went to Coimbatore by Flight & from there by taxi to Ooty. It is one of the paradise of south. Such a pleasant weather, no pollution & the local people are so friendly.

How can i forget my experience in the mini train with the steam engine whistling & chugging every time.

I would luv to visit the same once again.

Regards

Mihir

Been to Ooty (Udhagamandalam)? Share your experiences!