“Enjoyment in Ooty.....”

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Vellore
1 helpful vote
“Enjoyment in Ooty.....”
Reviewed November 6, 2008

Hi Guys.. My name is Vinoth kumar (23). I am from Vellore, Tamil Nadu. Last Oct-2008 I went to Ooty along with my family. This tour was arranged through our church. We went as a group of about 50 members. Now let me say about Ooty. Ooty is an hill station, were you can find lots of places to enjoy like Shooting spots, Flower Gardens, Parks, Boating, Amusement park etc. There you can also go for shopping where you can fin lots and lots of shops wherever you go.
Now let me say about my trip. We started from Vellore to Metupalayam via train. It is about an 5 hour journey. From there we got 2 minicabs and reached an amusement park called ‘Black Thunder’ which is at the bottom of the Ooty hill. This amusement park is full of water games. We enjoyed an hole day over there. That night we stayed in an hotel nearby that amusement park.
The next day we went to the Metupalayam railway station at about 5am. There we all boarded on an train which is about 100yrs old made the British people. It is an steam engine train. This travel is about 5hrs up the hill to Ooty. This train travel was really fun as we all enjoyed by singing and viewing the natural sceneries. This train passes thru many tunnels which was an fantastic view. Later the train reached Kunnoor up the hill which is one of the place in Ooty. From there we got 2 minicabs and reached an hotel nearby. We stayed in that hotel for 2 days and in those 2 days we visited most of the place in Ooty.
In those two days we visited many places like Botanical garden, Thotabeta, Snake view, Rose garden, Shooting spots, Mudumalai Forest, Boating and many more. In these places I enjoyed the most in Botanical garden and Shooting spots. In botanical garden we can find lots and lots of flowers decorated in many spectacular shapes. Also over there we can find some temple and houses built by the people who lived in the forest areas centuries ago. Here we enjoyed a lot by playing lots and lots of games. Then in Rose Garden we can find about 2000 varieties of roses which makes our eyes glitter on viewing those amazing flowers.
Then in Thotabeta we can have a clear view of the whole Ooty which is an spectacular view. We can have the same type of spectacular view in ‘Snake view’ also. And there are many film shooting spots, where you can find some film shoots taking place. If you are lucky then you can see some popular celebrities during those shooting. Those shooting spots are so good for enjoying. Then from there we went to the Mudumalai forest, which is mostly famous for Elephants. It is an wild life sanctuary. There we can see many wild animals like deer, bison, elephants, cheetah etc. There is also an place near by this forest called ‘Masavanagudi’. Here you can have night ride inside the forest during night time along with some expert forest rangers and if you are lucky, you can view some wild animals hunting. But this night ride is somewhat expensive.
And after that forest ride we went to boating where we enjoyed a lot. Then on the final day evening we went for shopping were we will be confused on what to buy and what to leave as because we can find so many shops with so many favorite products and food varieties in cheaper rate. And finally we reached Matupalayam railway station thru the minicabs as we missed the train in Kunnoor. From there we once again got the train to Vellore. Hereby I have attached some photos taken during this trip.
And thus I enjoyed a lot in this trip. But this trip will be more enjoyable if it was made by newly married couple as that climate and sceneries will be so good for Honeymoon couples.

1 Thank vinoth_david1985
chennai
“A nice place to spend summer.!!”
Reviewed November 6, 2008

Its one of the most interesting place in south india, basically an hill station located near coimbatore.
ooty has got it highly evergreen looks and a very pleasing atmosphere. lots to see . and nice way to kill time. interesting places like botanical garden, simp's park, tea estate, thotabeta, shooting spot and many more.....
the tea estate is the unique feature of this place.... one of the best tea gardens in india.
fresh leaves giving the perfecr aroma.
highly developed cit as of now.damm sophasticated hotels, restaurants, shopping malls etc ...
as of whole a great summer location.

Bangalore
75 helpful votes
“Cool Hill Station”
Reviewed November 6, 2008

Normally we start valueating any place to visit by its name or how common it is.. true we should think like that but we should also regularly update ourselves with the latest information about the place of visit.

Our country has lots of places of interest and tourist visits, and as technology has taken wider wings we have better chance to update and know about places of interest.

When we thought of going to Ooty and inquired with fellow colloeagues and friends most of them said ...boring, go somehwre else and big names started coming and most of them were abroad.

Then I decided to go on net and find out, amazingly I found it is one of the oldest hill station and have many places of interest, well then started searching more and we finally decided to go.

So next time ask friends and colleagues but also go to net and read blogs review and other informations.

1 Thank Matharoo
Ahmedabad
“I want to visit this place in near future!!”
Reviewed November 6, 2008

I on regular intervals make pleasure trip. so usually wish to plan my trip in most convient way.

Bangalore
“Not good”
Reviewed November 5, 2008

This place is not worth to visit now a days. This is very average place.

Been to Ooty (Udhagamandalam)? Share your experiences!