“Charming, Soothing ,Scenic - Hotel Lakeview Ooty”
Review of Hotel Lakeview

Hotel Lakeview
Reviewed June 28, 2010

It was an amazing experience to stay with Lakeview in Ooty at such a decent price…I visited Lakeview with a group of friends….it is a very romantic location to be here provided you have plenty of time..individual cottages are good & gives you a sense of freedom when you are on a fun trip..
Location is quite cool with a great scenic view around…a perfect place for couples on honeymoon trip..
My overall experience was very comfortable & soothing and I really felt refreshed after a 3 days stay here…if you are in ooty & looking for value for money..don’t miss it

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sam1103

Reviewed June 28, 2010

Its an exclusive hill resort in Ooty.
The location is spectacular.
Rooms are also very well furnished.
Service is ok.
Its not too costly, nor too cheap.
U can check out this place if u visit Ooty.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2010

The hotel occupies a large area. The rooms are present in individual cottages. Perfect for a romantic holiday. The cottages are present row wise in stepped formation with a wonderful view of the lake. Even the room tariff is decent. The staff is co-operative, but the absence of a club room is felt. As the day finishes early, there is not much to do in the hotel. The rooms are very clean. And there is individual parking space provided in front of each room. If you are going to this beautiful hill station, this hotel is the place to stay. One thing I did not like is that even on tele-booking my room well in advance, I had to argue for a room when I reached the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Comparitively a lower end hotel but full of space and ambience !

Excellent cottages with full independence and complete value for money.

Services are warm and good by all standards.

The location (facing the lake ) is an added advantage apart from the proximity to major tourist spots and shopping arena.
'
Overall a superb place for relaxation. Would certainly recommend all my friends to try this place !

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2010

1) Location - This place is outside of Ooty Main city area. I guess about 5-6 kms or more. This is great advantage when you have your own car/taxi/bus since it is very scenic and peaceful. Else you will have to depend upon auto and spend 100 bucks for any trip. There is an auto stand at the hotel with rate card.

Location will work to your disadvantage also in the case that your driver will have to have food at the hotel restaurant. Also there is no separate staying and food arrangements for drivers.

But all this is OK since the view and the surrounding of the hotel deluxe cottages are excellent. You can just stay at the place and forget about going out or returning back.

Hotel Location & garden property gets 5 out of 5 rating.

2) Food - Choices are not so great. Service is not so good. It closes down at 9.30 pm. Rating 3 out of 5. Also there is no bar nor any shop nearby.

3) Housekeeping - Not so great. Only available till 6 pm. Also not available in afternoon. Rating 2 out of 5. We used the laundry services also. It was good.

4) Room area - Great area for one hall and one bedroom with good furniture.Rating 2 out of 5. We were charged extra for the heater. This is not a good thing.

5) Bath & Toilet - The area is huge but fittings are not so great. The toilet seats are very inconvenient to use. Rating 1 out of 5

At the discounted rate of Travelguru, I guess this is the best one can expect.

We checked in on 28 Jan 2010 and visited Ooty lake, Thread Garden, etc. Next day we visited Coonoor - Wellington, Sims Park and High Field Tea Factory. Then again next day we visited Red Hills area - Emerald Lake.

We checked out of hotel on 31 Jan 2010.

Overall I would rate this 3 out 5 just because of the location.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2010

We have occupied room no:3 in Hotel Lake View on 17-05-2010, that day we have enjoyed with boat riding and marketing etc., on 18/05/2010 we have booked one indica through hotel and went to tea gardens,
botanical garden etc., before leaving hotel we handed over room keys to the receptionist for room cleaning purpose. We came back by 6 pm and asked receptionist for keys and he has handed over the key after half an hour. At 8 pm we had dinner in the hotel restaurant and came back to room and slept. In the morning of 19-05-2010 we have noticed that one of our Suit cases was stolen by some body and also the window shutter in back side was slightly opened. Immediately I have telephoned to reception and informed about missing of Suit case. The person who has recieved my call, started arguing with me in the phone itself that it is impossible, how your suit case will be stolen. After 2,3 hours and 2,3 phone calls one Assistant Manager came to my room, and he also
started argument that "it can not happened, no marks are there in the out side of window on the grass". Afterwards I met Manager also he was also arguing in the same manner. No body putting efforts to search my suit case and bothering about my worry. And the manager asked me to give police complaint. He knows very well that I had no time to go to police station and record complaint etc., The same day I got reservation from Ooty-Mettupalaym and after wards from Mettupalaym to Chennai and further journey.

This is the security position, and responsibility of management in Hotel Lake View/ ooty.

Nanda Gopal

Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank gangajamuna
Reviewed May 20, 2010

Last year on 5 may 2009 me and my family went to ooty of the leisure trip. We resided in Hotel Lake view after visited various famous places of ooty like Botanical park, Dodabetta, and Pykara Falls. When we enter in the Hotel , site view of Hotel was marvellous and their dedicated staff members were also very cooperative . Rooms, dinner and breakfast which they provided to us were really awesome . Over and above i am not going to forget my wonderful memories in ooty forever.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family