Hotel Lakeview was my first experience of a cottage-like place of stay, and I must say, we weren't disappointed. Located very near to central Ooty, it is easily accessible from bus station, railway station, main market, and key attractions like Ooty Lake and several others.
The rooms were clean. We had no complaints about the airflow, water supply, or power supply during our three days of stay. The lighting was abundant, and we were quite happy viewing the scenery just from our deluxe cottage (they are at bit down level) window.
Despite its name (Lakeview), view of the lake has been restricted by bushy growth nearby, which contrasts the original design. But in all, it's built with good aesthetic sense about natural beauty, and provides more-than-enough comfort to tourists.
It was a heavenly experience, to sum up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Lakeview sits pretty on an 8 acre stretch of land, on the sensuous terraced slopes of a hill offering a magnificent double spectacle. Even at an ambling pace, you can reach the boathouse in 10 minutes flat, or the bus stand in 15 minutes.The complex has easy access to every part of the town and beyond.Experience the pleasure of living besides Ooty lake with family and friends in the Queen of Hill station.The largest and the most exclusive hill resort in Ooty, Lakeview consists of 123 specially designed, fully independent luxury cottages. Hotel Lakeview is where you begin to experience Ooty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Lakeview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeview Hotel Ootacamund
- Hotel Lakeview India/Ooty