We are a couple from Bangalore and we went to celebrate our 2014 new year's eve. The hotel is in a very calm and serene location, though it can be a little outside the main city. It's not exactly attached to the lake but very close to it.
We went for the executive-suite type cottage. It was quite good and we were impressed by the rustic looks. But we though they could have taken some measures to prevent it from getting overly cold, like using proper tiles. We utilised the fireplace to the fullest and it was quite a relief to have it around.
Food at the restaurant was alright. We ate outside most of the time. Overall, it was a nice experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Lakeview sits pretty on an 8 acre stretch of land, on the sensuous terraced slopes of a hill offering a magnificent double spectacle. Even at an ambling pace, you can reach the boathouse in 10 minutes flat, or the bus stand in 15 minutes.The complex has easy access to every part of the town and beyond.Experience the pleasure of living besides Ooty lake with family and friends in the Queen of Hill station.The largest and the most exclusive hill resort in Ooty, Lakeview consists of 123 specially designed, fully independent luxury cottages. Hotel Lakeview is where you begin to experience Ooty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Lakeview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeview Hotel Ootacamund
- Hotel Lakeview India/Ooty (Udhagamandalam)