We stayed here for 2 nights and the overall experience was average. The reviews of the hotel raised our expectations only to realise it was hyped up. The cottages are mediocre and irrespective of different categories there is not much to differentiate one from the others. Some good things about the hotel are a)the water heater facility in the room, which believe me is very much needed in a place like Ooty, b) parking facility right in front of your cottage. The hotel staff at the reception are very brash and have a don't care attitude, but the room service was good.
The hotel itself is located away from the main part of Ooty and it costs INR 100 to reach the hotel from the commercial hub by an auto-rickshaw. GIven the location of the hotel, you are forced to eat here unless you are stepping out of the hotel. Unfortunately, the restaurant in the hotel is not up to the mark. We had a lunch and two breakfasts and our experience was bad. The food taste was not good and the dosa we had for breakfast was not cooked properly. And on days where they have high occupancy, you only get buffet breakfast for INR 120 (adult) which has Idly, Upma, Paratha, coffee, tea and juice. The quality of this was really bad (idly was sour, upma was very dry) and was definitely not worth the price.
Overall, we felt nothing great about this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Lakeview sits pretty on an 8 acre stretch of land, on the sensuous terraced slopes of a hill offering a magnificent double spectacle. Even at an ambling pace, you can reach the boathouse in 10 minutes flat, or the bus stand in 15 minutes.The complex has easy access to every part of the town and beyond.Experience the pleasure of living besides Ooty lake with family and friends in the Queen of Hill station.The largest and the most exclusive hill resort in Ooty, Lakeview consists of 123 specially designed, fully independent luxury cottages. Hotel Lakeview is where you begin to experience Ooty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Lakeview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeview Hotel Ootacamund
- Hotel Lakeview India/Ooty (Udhagamandalam)