We were there at the time of May 2013, stayed there for 3 days. The hotel area is quite big, though all are mainly cottages.
Food quality was average but overpriced. They have restaurant but i wont prefer going all the way up to get the food, better to have it in your own cottage, because you will have a dining table for four. If you are ordering food you need to beware of time as it will come to you after 20/30 minutes and all food can be cold while bringing to you. They directly tell their customer by the hotel brochure that as the area is big so food can be cold. :)
Room - we stayed in Suite Cottage and the value was Rs.2,100/-night (taxes extra)
I will advise you can take the Deluxe Cottage too, as the difference is not much apart from some furniture. All the cottages are same mostly.
TV networks are horrible. The first place i saw without a digitized service at hill station these days. Not satisfied with it.
They have fireplace in each & every cottage but you need to buy woods from room service after paying Rs. 100/- if you want to light some fire. :)
Service was average. Location is excellent as the place is very near to the lake. You will get a front view of the lake if you will get the cottage at the first row of cottages like us. But its very down. You need to come all the way up, if you want to go out. If you are having your own car then the time could be saved and good thing is you can park it right at the front of your cottage. (Parking in front not available for the first row cottages)
You can get car from their travel desk by call from room directly so it would pick you up from your cottage. You can hang out at the park or lawn if you are not feeling going out, specially if you have kids they will love the place.
Overall apart from the location & view of the lake, the hotel is average. Though i told you some Suite Cottages and Villas are having the view of the lake only. Better only if you can get a villa or suite in the first row.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Lakeview sits pretty on an 8 acre stretch of land, on the sensuous terraced slopes of a hill offering a magnificent double spectacle. Even at an ambling pace, you can reach the boathouse in 10 minutes flat, or the bus stand in 15 minutes.The complex has easy access to every part of the town and beyond.Experience the pleasure of living besides Ooty lake with family and friends in the Queen of Hill station.The largest and the most exclusive hill resort in Ooty, Lakeview consists of 123 specially designed, fully independent luxury cottages. Hotel Lakeview is where you begin to experience Ooty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Lakeview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeview Hotel Ootacamund
- Hotel Lakeview India/Ooty (Udhagamandalam)