We had booked 3 suites...and on arrival we were given 3 adjacent ones..facing the lake. The rooms where good and spacious...almost like a one bedroom apartment /cottage..with living room , fireplace,a dining area, and a bedroom. Neat and tidy surroundings. Vehicle could be parked (in most cases) next to the suites.
Friendly staff, quick room service are a highlight. One can also get a small bundle of firewood for the fireplace for Rs. 100.
Excellent food, although a bit expensive ( One chappatthi / roti is priced at Rs. 40!...one single piece!!).
Overall had a good time at Lake View.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Lakeview sits pretty on an 8 acre stretch of land, on the sensuous terraced slopes of a hill offering a magnificent double spectacle. Even at an ambling pace, you can reach the boathouse in 10 minutes flat, or the bus stand in 15 minutes.The complex has easy access to every part of the town and beyond.Experience the pleasure of living besides Ooty lake with family and friends in the Queen of Hill station.The largest and the most exclusive hill resort in Ooty, Lakeview consists of 123 specially designed, fully independent luxury cottages. Hotel Lakeview is where you begin to experience Ooty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Lakeview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeview Hotel Ootacamund
- Hotel Lakeview India/Ooty (Udhagamandalam)