I had booked an executive cottage and expected the best facilities.
Can you imagine a floor without carpets in a hill station location? They housekeeping said they cannot afford the maintenance of the carpet and so they dont provide carpets on the floor. You have to directly jump in your bed to avoid cold floor. 24 hrs water supply was not available. The hot water supply stopped after I filled 1 bucket of hot water. When I asked the house keeping they said you have to wait for 30 mins everytime you fill the bucket. We were shivering and there was no hot hot water available. No LakeView at all. They said the only difference between Deluxe and Executive Suite was the fire place in the room. And if you wanna use it they would charge you Rs 100 for 2 hrs of fire. No mineral water bottles were provided in the room.
Overall review: Please please stay away from this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Lakeview sits pretty on an 8 acre stretch of land, on the sensuous terraced slopes of a hill offering a magnificent double spectacle. Even at an ambling pace, you can reach the boathouse in 10 minutes flat, or the bus stand in 15 minutes.The complex has easy access to every part of the town and beyond.Experience the pleasure of living besides Ooty lake with family and friends in the Queen of Hill station.The largest and the most exclusive hill resort in Ooty, Lakeview consists of 123 specially designed, fully independent luxury cottages. Hotel Lakeview is where you begin to experience Ooty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Lakeview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeview Hotel Ootacamund
- Hotel Lakeview India/Ooty