“Good Hotel”

Ranked #15 of 82 Hotels in Ooty
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
“Good Hotel”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed in this hotel july 2011 with two families. Hotel situated in a nice place and closed to main attractions. Our cottages were good and tidy. Even though it was not much capable to protect us from the strong cold wind. And they charge big price for the local logs to light up the fire place.
the staff and management is good and cooperative. Even the name is 'Lake View' we didn't had a chance to see lake from our cottages, but it has some more beautiful view to the valley. We enjoyed the stay there. I just suggest them to have a mini bar where people could find hot drinks to prevent extreme cold of Ooty ;-)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Noida, India
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Hotel Lakeview is one of the best hotels available in Ooty. I spent two memorable days of my life there, 1–2 December, 2012.
About Hotel:
Hotel Lakeview has separate cottages. A cottage has one small hall, one bedroom, and attached bathroom. I guess, there are around 100 cottages in the area. Their beauty will ask you to stay there forever.
Location:
Hotel Lakeview is located just three-four kilometers away from the railway station. If you come to Ooty by toy train, the auto drivers will ask 100/- but you can settle them at 50/-. The road to Hotel Lakeview from the railway station is parallel to the Ooty Lake. The nearest and one of the main attractions of Ooty, Ooty Lake, is located at a walking distance from this hotel. All other attractions will need transportation. Hotel has all arrangements for this.
Hotel Staff:
Hotel staffs are no less than professionals. You ask for any information, help, or anything, they are always available. Staffs are polite and greet you with smile every time you meet them. If you speak Hindi, it may be a little bit tough to interact with the lower level staffs. They understand either Hindi or less English. However, reception and restaurant staffs understand and speak good Hindi and English.
Food:
The food available in the hotel is very tasty and no less than the food available in the North India (This is especially for North Indian people). The hotel restaurant serves from 7 am to 10 pm. You can order food from your cottage but be ready to wait for 20 minutes. One thing to remember; the rates mentioned in the menu card (restaurant and cottage) are different. So if you are a group, my advice would be to go to restaurant. You can save at least 200/- at one order.
Room Service:
Room service is quick. Normally they respond quickly. Water arrangements are inside the cottage, so I did not call them frequently. But I do not have any questions for Room Service.

Advice:
My advice is to go to this place if you are travelling in groups or on your honeymoon. The cottages are very cold in December (I visited in) so please ask for extra blankets and heater if required.

Room Tip: All Cottages are good. Book in advance and stay in any cottage. But try to get a cottage near to the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Friends, never ever stay in this hotel during winter session(Nov-Mar) because doors and windows are very old and dont shut properly. I had very bad night there with cold wave coming-in whole night. I asked the room service person to provide extra quilt, they told me no extra quilt.

Surprisingly observed people who are check-in before 11am for them check-out time within 24hrs but people who are checking-in after 12pm for them check-out time is 11.00am only as per hotel policy. Actually i checked-in at 8.30am and hotel receptionist told me, if you stay more than 24hrs of check-in, 100rs per hr basis you need to pay.

The amenities they have mentioned like BAR(not there), hot water( after 45mins only) and sightseeing cab booking is too costly, please dont book from there.

I took from outside, office located at A.T.C complex and phone no is - 09843084447, 0423-2442440, was very nice experience. Cab driver took me to all the places which i have goggled for 3days, 1st day Ooty, 2nd day pykara&mudumalai, 3rd day coonor(morning cab driver arranged ticket for toy train and picked me from cooner station) and all together charged me 3500rs.

There are plenty of other hotel with this price range, like i had two days booking but after 1 night stay, i left the hotel and stayed Hotel Venus. Hotel Venus was comfortable with half price then Hotel Lake view.

Room Tip: Lake is not near by the hotel, hotel is located around 500mtrs from the lake.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tcsJay

Travelers are raving about these Ooty hotels

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We visited ooty and stayed in hotel lake view based on my friend's recommendation, It was a very good experience staying there as you a get separate spacious cottage with excellent view. Hotel itself was like a sightseeing place. We extended our stay for one more night. Though this hotel is little far from city but you auto service which is very good fast and cheap. I'll recommend this hotel to everyone. Its a value for your money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LonelyTraveller2020
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I have been to Ooty 8 times, This was my first stay in Hotel Lake view. I stayed here for a day with my family of 8 members in 3 different cottages. I hate to write something wrong about a resort/hotel without staying there for a longtime. Overall I did not like Lakeview, It's not the best place to stay in Ooty. I personally prefer staying in Ooty city than the outskirts. However, Lake view looks crowded during weekend, the cottages are close to each other.The service is not that great and we had to wait for a few hours to get the keys of the room. Things are not organized properly & a lot of improvement is required.

There are better places to stay in Ooty you can give this a skip.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank live2travelAJ
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Driven from Bangalore and reached Ooty in the evening after saying "see you soon" to beautiful wild elephants and deer’s of Bandipur and Madhumalai, even chanting birds echoed us same.
As it was not peak season we did not book any hotel and throughout the road we see the ad of Hotel Lakeview... so decided to just see the property...
2-3km from main business area, we reached hotel it was dark and cold outside. The cottages near reception look good and roads inside campus seem well maintained. We were given 2options to choose from... Lake View / Vally View. while we started scratching our head, the check in staff helped us saying "sir I'm allocating you a cottage which is Lake View, but you can also enjoy Vally once you are in the lawn". We go by him. and believe me we were not let down.
Actually, lake is not viewed from the hotel due to 2reasons... the portion of the lake which is in front of the hotel is like backwater and small and the trees are almost covering that view also. But view of the Valley is breathtaking…
Cottages are very well maintained. You get good service (keeping in mind they need to bring food from as far as 200 - 300mts). 24hrs running water and individual gassers, which is necessary. They also have on site provision store, in case you need something urgently, but charge little high as one can expect. Food is costly but excellent in test.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family