We stayed here for 2 nights in august 2011. Nothing was bad about the hotel. Rooms were great. Actually these were 2 room cottages with a common room and a bed room . The common room has a TV , dining table , a cot and two sofas. There is a fireplace in common room. You can have the fire at extra charges. We took valley view room at 2000 per night. The views were good from cottage.
The food we took was good, in fact excellent. Room service may look a little slow but this is tolerable, as the resort is not 5 star and is in mid range. You cannot expect more in these prices. Furthermore, the resort is spread over 8 acres area and has more than 100 cottages, thus the room service is expected to be slow.
The restaurant is also good and the food is cheaper in restaurant than in room.
Overall an excellent experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Lakeview sits pretty on an 8 acre stretch of land, on the sensuous terraced slopes of a hill offering a magnificent double spectacle. Even at an ambling pace, you can reach the boathouse in 10 minutes flat, or the bus stand in 15 minutes.The complex has easy access to every part of the town and beyond.Experience the pleasure of living besides Ooty lake with family and friends in the Queen of Hill station.The largest and the most exclusive hill resort in Ooty, Lakeview consists of 123 specially designed, fully independent luxury cottages. Hotel Lakeview is where you begin to experience Ooty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Hotel Lakeview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeview Hotel Ootacamund
- Hotel Lakeview India/Ooty (Udhagamandalam)