“Good stay”

FabHotel Khems Ooty
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I have stayed 2 nights @ Khems, the stay was perfectly OK in all the manners. Hotel restaurant food is so good and service of the hotel over all in very impressive. It's very close to garden, market...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Khems, Manager at FabHotel Khems Ooty, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear "Dinesh A",

We thank you very much for your feedback and encouraging comments.

We look forward to welcome you back in Ooty in near future and being a part of Your Holiday Experience again.

There are newer reviews for FabHotel Khems Ooty

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed in Hotel Khems from May 4th to May 7th after booking through clear trip and i must say that this is the best budget hotel. Thanks to Mr. Suresh from Khems for organizing our trip. This hotel is in close proximity to botanical gardens and rose garden. This has an in house restaurant.
Booked superior room for 3 nights and has good view of the city from windows.

Room Tip: Superior rooms are large and good
1  Thank Dinesh A

Dear "Dinesh A",

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Rooms was size wise Ok. room floor is also covered with room floor mate. but there is too much dust in decorative lamp. the worst thing is tolilet. tiles are very old fashion and damaged. Colour of tiles is also very odd. Toilet design is very faulty. no flush in toilet. hot water only in morning after 7:30 only. no hot water bucket service is providing even in too much request or even extra pay. Hotel located on slop from road, and on the way you will find hospital. no value for money. Renovation is required specially in toilet.

2  Thank MANOJ P

Dear "MANOJ P"

We thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

Thanks for the feedback on your stay with us.

We are disappointed on the fact you were not satisfied during your stay with us.

We have openly mentioned on all information outlets including our website as to our hot water timings, You must have missed it. However, I've brought it to our staff notice on the problems with your stay and feedback such as yours helps us identify the problem.

Much appreciated and we look forward to rectifying all the issues at the earliest.

I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to come experience our hospitality once again and give us your feedback on the same.

We look forward to seeing you in this side of the World soon.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

we had a pleasant stay and the staff were very cooperative. This hotel has a seperate dining area where you get a made to order breakfast. i wouldn't rate the food as good, it was just ok. i would suggest people to try other eateries. Best part i liked is the close proximity to the botanical garden, the wax museum and the ooty bus stand.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear "sujaashwin",

We thank you very much for your feedback and encouraging comments.

We look forward to welcome you back in Ooty in near future and being a part of Your Ooty Experience again.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I visited Ooty with family in last week of April,2013. This was peak time there . so I looked for a good budget hotel based on tripadvisor reviews. I found this hotel very nice and the staff is very much cooperative. Room was bigger than my expectation.and tea and breakfast was ok . i enjoyed very much

Room Tip: all room is ok
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear "vineettoshisingh143"

We thank you for your review on Tripadvisor & helping other customers choose our property.

We Hope you have taken fond memories of Ooty with you.

We look forward to being a part of your Ooty Experience Again.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I visited Ooty with family in last week of April,2013. This was peak time there and I could not get booking of my favorite hotel and other big hotel, so I looked for a good budget hotel based on tripadvisor reviews. I found this hotel very nice and the staff is very much cooperative.

Room was bigger than my expectation (I took superior rooms), although there was a little problem of bathroom fitting but they resolved it on call. Whole looks of hotel is nice and gives classical look. Its location is also convenient near charring cross and close to main market.

Food provided in restaurant is good and I can rate it above average as compared to other ooty restaurants in similar (or even higher) budget.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, who is looking for very nice, clean budget hotel near main market. Try to get room on first floor as it is renovated.

Room Tip: Look for room at first floor for better experience.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear "ish736"

We Hope you have taken fond memories of Ooty with you.

We look forward to being a part of your Ooty Experience Again.

Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I had come from a beautiful clean and friendly hotel in another town, for which I paid exactly the same price as Hotel Khems. To be honest, I was disappointed with Khems.

The room was comfortable with decent facilities but it was very dark, damp and smelled bad even when I kept the windows open all day. The pillows smelled and I covered them with my clothes when I slept.

There was a problem with the cold water supply to my room which to be fair they did come and fix efficiently. Also the phone was broken so I couldn't use it- but it didn't stop them ringing me on it constantly! And I was woken up early on Sunday morning by a member of staff ringing and banging at the door- apparently just to hand me a newspaper. Oh and also, no wi-fi at all in this hotel.

The restaurant food I found below standard and served on dirty plates/glasses. I tried it but then decided to eat elsewhere.

On the plus side- the reception staff were helpful, the hotel has a generator for power cuts, the shower (once it worked) was amazing.

I have been travelling in India for a while and have stayed at some really wonderful places but sadly this wasn't one of them.

• Stayed: April 2013
Khems, Manager at FabHotel Khems Ooty, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear "Laurs35"

We thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

Thanks for the feedback on your stay with us.

We are disappointed on the fact you were not fully satisfied during your stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you in this side of the World soon.