We made a family trip for 3 nights to Ooty, and stayed at Kings Cliff, away from the busy town area. The ambience is awesome, very much a heritage feel. The lawns, public areas are also very neat, and the kids also enjoyed the place after their initial reservation went away - they are used to the typical 4/5 star properties in central locations.
Overall, our stay was comfortable. Live music and warm fireplaces in the evenings, and a very attentive staff made it a good experience, and the highlight was the breakfast in the glass room on the lawn - something completely different !!
Some things to watch out for :
1. They have a 15 day cancelation policy, which is way beyond what you would see normally. They were not willing to be flexible about it, other than allow us to use the deposit for a future stay within the next 3 months.
2. Stay in he newer wing, better rooms and bathrooms. The original wing is worn out, needs to be refurbished. We were given a room called Midsummer which we changed after the first night, to Hamlet, and that was far better.
3. The restaurant fancies itself as a gourmet dining place, but I found it to be expensive. And beware, their portions are very generous, so an order for 2 will suffice for 4.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your King's Cliff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kings Cliff Ootacamund
- Kings Cliff Hotel Ootacamund
- King's Cliff India/Ooty (Udhagamandalam)