“Sunshine Inn's Room service and food quality is horrible”
Review of Sunshine Inn

and 1 more site!
Sunshine Inn
bangalore
“Sunshine Inn's Room service and food quality is horrible”
Reviewed October 5, 2009

Room Service is very poor.
They have only fixed menu in buffet no A la carte. That menu card in room is fake.
Rooms are OK and clean Though.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Tushar_k5

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed May 21, 2009

Having read the lone review written by ranajitghanty, and seeing that the hotel was rated 18/50 hotels in Ooty by trip advisor, I decided to take my family and relatives on a holiday to Ooty. While I had booked two rooms at the Sterling Ferhill ( no complaints there), I had booked 3 rooms at the Sunshine Inn Ooty for my relatives. I really regretted this decision the moment I entered the hotel ! here are some reasons...

-Lazy, off handed and dis interested reception staff

-small, poky, suffocating rooms, a couple of rooms was in the cornedr and odd shaped. Just the barest of minimum in the room and a TV.

-Over priced restaurant

-Utterly terrible food. Everything we ordered went into the bin.

-30 bucks for a small paper cup half filled with tea, barely a mouth full, that was delivered to the door in the morning was a total rip off

-Breakfast was cold, pathetic, items not replaced on time, tasteless. The Chutney was salty, the sambhar was watery like rasam, and the potato bhajji served with the puri was utterly miserable.

-Worst of all the loaction - on a steep slope, narrow road, cut off from civilisation.

- not to forget, total lack of any responsibilty from the staff concerned.

Would never stay here, book anyone here or even suggest this place to my worst enemy.... not even if they had to offer their best rooms free !

wat a sad and disappointing experience !

AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS....

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — their horrible, tiny rooms and lousy food !
  • Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank vinn_2k

Travelers are raving about these Ooty (Udhagamandalam) hotels

Bangalore
Reviewed April 20, 2009

We (Ranajit, and my spouse) were planning an outing to Ooty for last 2 years. But never found adequate time to go there. This time we decided to make it possible. I contacted makemytrip.com and thought of booking Hotel Lake View in Ooty. However, due to Christmas Rush could not find a decent room in Lake View. So, the travel agent (makemytrip) suggested to stay at Hotel Sunshine Inn. The room rent including breakfast was Rs 1500. Well, initially I was hesitant since I was looking for a much costlier room. I was always having the notion that cheap rooms (Rs 1500) will not have good service, hygine etc.

We drove down from Bangalore and reached Ooty in the afternoon at 2:30 PM. I called up the hotel and understood that the room was ready for us. The route to the hotel was easy to find and the Hotel Manager guided us (over phone) so that we do not miss the spot.

There are two types of rooms - portico-facing and valley facing. The portico facings rooms are not that attractive especially because we have the car park area adjacent to the same. So, we will have to bear with the noise of the car engine. Always select Valley Facing Room. We too did the same. The room ambience was great. The breakfast was complementary. Heater was complimentary. The room was clean with hygienic bathroom. I was looking for a bathtub. However, it was not there. The outside view through the huge glass window was majestic. The room balcony was great. Room service was commendable.

The hotel also offer tourist guide at reasonable rates. We chose to hire a guide from the Hotel and toured Ooty, Conor and other surrounding spots. The staffs were very friendly. It was Christmas Time and the hotel was beautifully decorated. I never expected such luxury at such a reasonable rate.

We stayed there for 3 days and then returned to Bangalore. The Hotel Guide was so friendly that he even calls me up today. Offcource, some times he gets me a pack of Conor Tea from there to Bangalore

Overall, it was a great experience and great value for money. Offcource, the Hotel does not have amenities such as swimming pool, barbeque pits, bathtub, health club etc. But who wants to have those in a tourist place like Ooty where most of the quality time is actually spent outside the hotel in site seeing! I would recommend a much stay in this Hotel

• Liked — The view from Ballcony
  • Disliked — No Non Veg allowed in the Hotel, But you can ask Room Service to get it from outside
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)