“Ooty hotels”

Ranked #16 of 79 Hotels in Ooty
Ahmedabad, India
“Ooty hotels”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

Reasonably priced. This hotel is located on hills so view from here is breathtaking. It is very close to dodabetta peak and tea factory. Food in the hotel is average. My only complaint is that once we enter ooty, there are hardly any signposts telling us of the direction to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank VB614
GM_Sinclairs_Ooty, General Manager at Sinclairs Retreat Ooty, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Dear VB,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to post your review on Tripadvisor after your recent stay at Sinclairs Retreat Ooty.

It is always a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the views from our hotel. We are the highest located hotel in South India! Every guest who visits our property falls in love with the panoramic views of the Blue Mountains.

We have noted your complaint regarding the signboards and looking for a solution to this.

Please do visit us again, and we hope you will recommend us to friends and family!

Balaji Royal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

it was my first visit to ooty and thankfully we choose Sinclairs Retreat, The location was the USP . Very Calm and Peaceful , far from the hustle bustle of metro life. Nice Rooms, loved the cheese omelette in breakfast. The Best in town.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_Sinclairs_Ooty, General Manager at Sinclairs Retreat Ooty, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Dear Vannu,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review, and for taking time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community. I am very happy to hear that you loved the location of our hotel, our rooms and the cuisine.

Hope you took some time out at our activity centre - Tic Tac Toe, and visited our souvenir shop!

Please recommend us to friends and family and I hope to welcome you back to Sinclairs in the future.

Thane, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

This hotels was a last minute selection as we shifted from wayanad to ooty. The hotel location is superbly located. It's just 3 km from the city centre, and hotel provide on request auto rickshaw to go to city centre. View from the hotel is superb, outstanding and marvelous. Being off season I got upgraded to premium room in deluxe room cost. Staff is very friendly and cooperative. Food is good but the preparation is too spicy. Also they need to increase there buffet spread for breakfast.

Room Tip: There deluxe rooms are on the level two or three and the premium room with garden facing in on level...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank sneha_shenoy05
Dear Sneha,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to post your review on Tripadvior. We are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful holiday at Ooty and I'm glad you chose Sinclairs!

I agree that we are one of the best located hotels in Ooty, with lovely views of the blue mountains and the valley. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the food and our hospitality. I am sorry that you found the breakfast buffet a little spicy, but you are always welcome to order a la carte, and we can customise the food according to your requirements.

We hope to welcome you back to Sinclairs Retreat Ooty very soon in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

We had an important 4 day meeting at Sinclairs Retreat Ooty which was a complete delight...
Its was perfectly organized and executed by all of their well mannered staff with a pleasing smile throughout our stay. A special thanks to the Manager and front office staffs for making it a hazel-free experience. The property's beautiful view , amazing cuisine and the peace while our stay exceeded our expectation .I would gladly recommend to other ... keep it up...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
GM_Sinclairs_Ooty, General Manager at Sinclairs Retreat Ooty, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Sudarshan,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor. It was our pleasure to host your team, and I am so glad that your experience was a complete delight.

I hope you will visit our other properties at Siliguri, Dooars and Darjeeling and Port Blair. Thank you for appreciating our hotel and hospitality.

Please recommend us to friends and family, and we are looking forward to your next visit.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

I along with my family visited the property a month back .it was my 2nd visit to the property though. I must say it's the best place in pity.beautiful uupicturesque location.Excellent staff .they know how you make your stay a memorable one .tasty food .all thanks to the chief chef for making our stay a really wonderful one.each time he served a special dish and that to a suprise .it really touched our heart .we stayed in the exclusive villa.it's too nice and too exclusive .the view from the villa s exclusive garden is like a dream come true .the villa is just just just mind boggling .I am recommending the villa here for any body who is going next .since if you are staying there you will really get the real taste and feel of ooty.overall my stay was excellent and just too good and unforgettable .I am looking forward for my next visit very soon .bye and happy holidaying ...regards-rishi

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Rishi,

I am thrilled to read your review and your five star rating, and it's wonderful to hear that you had an excellent trip to Ooty, and a great stay at Sinclairs!

The villas are perfect to experience the charm of Ooty's Blue Mountains, and the panoramic valley. They are very popular with groups and families, and I am glad you enjoyed your stay here.

Thank you for appreciating the location of our hotel, staff, food and hospitality.

We hope you will recommend us to friends and family. I request you to join us on Facebook and Twitter to keep updated with our offers and promotions.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

I spent 2 night at this hotel. I checked in late after a long drive from Blore. I was told that I have a valley view room. True but it was on the ground floor and had a wall blocking the valley view. Anyway, I went for dinner and the service was pathetic. I literally had to wave down the waiters to get my water refilled, get extra breads etc. Anyway, after a long 15 min wait for the bill, I walked back to my room. Someone was at my door at 1145pm to get the bill signed. Amazing isn't it !!! And then, the room was smelling of a dead rat. Obviously it wasn't cleaned well and something must have gone wrong horribly. They did not change the room as they did not have a vacant one it seems. Anyway, next morning they changed my room and all I wanted was to get out of that place after all this experience.

On the positive side, this has of of the nicest views in Ooty, and as a hotel, I think it has great potential, just that they need smarter people to manage it. the sleep quality is about average but you need to watch out for dirty bed linen with stains etc.

If you can get past all of these, I hope you will have a good stay out there like many of you have I am sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a valley view room on a higher floor
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Soul_Searcher331

Travelers are raving about these Ooty hotels

Pune, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

Following are things I experienced:-
1. The room service was very good. I had booked a Premier Suite but was not very much impressed by the room. The room was small and had very less vacant space. When we checked into the room, the toilet faucet was leaking badly. We called up the housekeeping who fixed it promptly. The room was equipped with a double bed, a TV, a dressing table, a Cabinet, sofa and a locker for valuables. The interiors of the room were very good.

2. Overall upkeep of the resort was good. The Resort is located on a hill top and provides a fantastic view of the valley. The Resort has a lawn which is very beautiful. We took some photos in the lawn. The lawn has a dining space which was not utilized.

3. The TV had lot of Tamil channels and very few Hindi and English channels.

4. The hotel staff was courteous

5. The view from our room was good but we were told valley view which was not the case

6. The Hotel was accommodative of our check in and check out time. The checkout time was
10.00 . We checked out at 2.30 pm and were charged a half day’s room rent.

7. The food was really good. But was very spicy for my wife. They can make it a bit less spicy.
On the first day, we ordered the breakfast in our room. the la-carte breakfast was very expensive(2 masala dosas, 2 plate idli and 2 coffee cost us 900 bucks)
Also due to less occupancy, Buffet was not arranged for the first 2 nights. But the a-La-Carte was good. They have a bar which was ok. There are not many options in hard drinks and it is charged separately(not a part of the package). Tandoori items like Chicken tandoori takes a long time. But it was yummy. The options in desserts were really good. The breakfast had lots of options . The Chef was very friendly and courteous. He came across every table and inquired about the food.

8. The Hotel travel desk was really good. They arranged for my pick up from Bus stand, Drop to bus stand and sight-seeing .

9. Due to less occupancy the SPA and health club was closed during our stay.

10. On our last day, the check-out was very quick and hassle free

Things to improve:-
1. The La-carte breakfast needs to be a bit reasonable
2. Wi-Fi connection was chargeable. Given the premium we paid for our stay, we expected this bare minimum service.
3. SPA should be open every time irrespective of the amount of occupancy in the hotel.
4. Simple things like bottled water were charged. Given the premium we paid for our stay, we expected this bare minimum service.
5. The Resort can arrange for a bon fire when the number of occupants is more.
6 Hot water facility was available from 6 to 11 in the morning and 6 to 11 in the evening. This should be available 24 X 7.

Overall feedback:-
A very good holiday destination. Will really enjoy the stay and food. Value for money.

Room Tip: Swimming pool was not available . SPA was closed during our stay due to less occupancy
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
GM_Sinclairs_Ooty, General Manager at Sinclairs Retreat Ooty, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear Prashant,

Thank you for your detailed review after your stay at Sinclairs Retreat Ooty. I would like to comment on your suggestive improvements.

I am sorry to hear that you weren't happy with the a la carte breakfast. Due to low occupancy on 12th June, we did not serve buffet breakfast, and you ordered room service. Our room service menu is limited.

Please note that WiFi is chargeable, irrespective of any type of room booked you, however, now we have started offering WiFI service on complimentary basis.

Due to some staff issue, our Spa is closed down. Please refer to our website for this.

2 bottles of bottled water is complimentary everyday. Anything over this is chargeable.

We do arrange bonfires but only on special requests.

Due to water constraints in Ooty, hot water is available only during specific hours.

Anyhow, I would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you faced, and I hope to welcome you back to Sinclairs with a hassle free experience.

Please join us on Facebook and Twitter to keep updated with our offers and promotions.