I spent 2 night at this hotel. I checked in late after a long drive from Blore. I was told that I have a valley view room. True but it was on the ground floor and had a wall blocking the valley view. Anyway, I went for dinner and the service was pathetic. I literally had to wave down the waiters to get my water refilled, get extra breads etc. Anyway, after a long 15 min wait for the bill, I walked back to my room. Someone was at my door at 1145pm to get the bill signed. Amazing isn't it !!! And then, the room was smelling of a dead rat. Obviously it wasn't cleaned well and something must have gone wrong horribly. They did not change the room as they did not have a vacant one it seems. Anyway, next morning they changed my room and all I wanted was to get out of that place after all this experience.
On the positive side, this has of of the nicest views in Ooty, and as a hotel, I think it has great potential, just that they need smarter people to manage it. the sleep quality is about average but you need to watch out for dirty bed linen with stains etc.
If you can get past all of these, I hope you will have a good stay out there like many of you have I am sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enveloped by the clouds at 8000 feet and located exactly where the "Queen of Nilgiris" was discovered, Sinclairs Retreat Ooty is the highest located hotel in South India and unquestionably the best located hotel in Ooty. The hotel has 79 rooms and suites, and two villas with interiors that are modern and charming. The luxurious rooms are equipped with tea/coffee makers and cable TV. The valley view rooms offer stunning views.The resort is equipped with an array of facilities. This includes a Wi-Fi enabled reception area overlooking a three level-landscaped garden, Deluxe, Superior, Premium Suites and Deluxe/Honeymoon suite, conference and meeting facilities; three halls - Regal, The Windsor and The Summit and an open area - The Terrace. Fine dining at Pine n' Petal, a multicuisine restaurant, The Portico, a coffee bar for beverages and snacks, and High Point Bar, a stylish bar and a cool cocktail lounge.The highlight of the property is a vibrant entertainment and recreation zone with indoor badminton, pool table, table tennis, board games, video games, kids play area, library and lounge. Moreover, the hotel comprises of a fitness centre with gym, steam, sauna, and spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sinclairs Retreat Ooty reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sinclairs Retreat Ooty Hotel Ootacamund
- Sinclairs Retreat Ooty India