The most positive point about this hotel is its location as it has a beautiful view of ooty city and mountains. Also, it is only few of the large hotels which is quite near to the city center (lake and market).
Thats where probably the good things end! We had an expectation of atleast a 3-star from this resort at the price they charge, but on the contrary, there is a long list of improvements needed, some of which are beyond their control:
- Please do not be misguided by the pictures of the resort and of the rooms. They have hired
profession photogrphers to take pictures which give an impression that it is a large property
with decent size rooms. Whereas the truth is that it's a small property, with even smaller
rooms. To say the least we were thoroghly disappointed.
- The biggest pain however is their food menu, which is shoddy, tasteless and very
- Also, if the hotel has more guests which happens on weekends, there will be a long waiting to
get a table in the restaurant.
- Service is mediocre
- Overpriced for what they offer
- And nothing much to do here except the view
So all in all, please avoide Sinclairs and may be choose Taj Savoy or Club Mahindra etc. for a better stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enveloped by the clouds at 8000 feet and located exactly where the "Queen of Nilgiris" was discovered, Sinclairs Retreat Ooty is the highest located hotel in South India and unquestionably the best located hotel in Ooty. The hotel has 79 rooms and suites, and two villas with interiors that are modern and charming. The luxurious rooms are equipped with tea/coffee makers and cable TV. The valley view rooms offer stunning views.The resort is equipped with an array of facilities. This includes a Wi-Fi enabled reception area overlooking a three level-landscaped garden, Deluxe, Superior, Premium Suites and Deluxe/Honeymoon suite, conference and meeting facilities; three halls - Regal, The Windsor and The Summit and an open area - The Terrace. Fine dining at Pine n' Petal, a multicuisine restaurant, The Portico, a coffee bar for beverages and snacks, and High Point Bar, a stylish bar and a cool cocktail lounge.The highlight of the property is a vibrant entertainment and recreation zone with indoor badminton, pool table, table tennis, board games, video games, kids play area, library and lounge. Moreover, the hotel comprises of a fitness centre with gym, steam, sauna, and spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your Sinclairs Retreat Ooty reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sinclairs Retreat Ooty Hotel Ootacamund
- Sinclairs Retreat Ooty India