Fortune Hotel Sullivan Court
Gem Park-Ooty(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
$115
Sabol Holiday Resorts(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))(Great Value!)
$117
  • Breakfast included
Sinclairs Retreat Ooty(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
$90
$81
Hotels.com
Sherlock Hotel(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
$67
$56
  • Breakfast included
Taj Savoy Hotel, Ooty(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
$156
Sterling Ooty Elk Hill(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
$135
$126
  • Breakfast included
La Flora Amberley Resort(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))(Great Value!)
$38
$23
  • Breakfast included
Astoria Residency(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))(Great Value!)
$47
Agoda.com
Hotel Mayura Sudarshan Ooty(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))(Great Value!)
$54
  • Restaurant
Hotel Lakeview(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
$45
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrose gardenlive pianofan heaterevery eveningf b managerbuffet breakfasthotel is locatedvery nice hotelstayed here for nightsgreat hospitalityroom serviceold world charmenjoyed my staycould have been betterrooms are cleanfront officestandard room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2011

I happened to book this hotel in a deal where I got a Fortune Club room for Rs 15K for 3N/4D with breakfast and all taxes included.

What is Excellent about this hotel ? ---> 5 stars
1. The property itself. Its centrally located and very neat and clean.
2. The facilities it provides; childs play area, video games, chess, carrom, TT, Billards, DVD player in the Fortune Club Room, 300 + collection of mostly Horror/Murder Mystery movies to watch for free, a mini zoo !! ( yup with birds n rabbits )

What left us wanting for more....? ----> 3 stars
1. Service. It proves that simply having the best real estate in hand, does not necessarily mean the best experience for the guests. Its the staff that matters the most.
For us, I felt it left us with thoughts that they could have been a lot better. Its not that the staff is not courteous. They are. They welcome you with a smile, wish you good morning in the corridors...etc. Its lack of sheer communication with guests about the hotel itself. Eg. On check-in they just provided us a hotel brochure and took us to the room. We were not told that DVDs are available for free to watch which I was given on the 2nd day of stay after I asked them !!! There never told us about the mini zoo until the the last day when we asked them !!!..... No body bothers to show you the hotel. Bottom line, the staff will help you only if you ask them specific questions !!!! That is a shame.

2. Food could have been better for the money they charge. While the loved the chicken biryani ( Rs 425 ), the butter chicken ( Rs 400 per plate ) was way over priced. My suggestion is that avoid eating in this hotel. There are much better choices outside. My personal fav raking of eating joints ( 1st. Kings Cliff Hotel, 2nd. Shinkows Chinese restaurant 3rd. Holiday Inn Buffet dinner )

3. No buffet lunch/dinner at all. That sucks big time!!! I think it depends on their occupancy.

4. We ordered pizza once from Dominoes and I had to go to the main entry gate of the hotel to collect my pizza. They did not even allow the delivery guy to enter hotel premises. What a shame !!

Honestly I want to rate this experience as a 3.5 stars, but rating it 4 based on other aspects.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank AsheeshJoshi
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I stayed 3 nights at the Fortune Sullivan court and paid Rs.4500 per night. Considering the money I paid, I was expecting wonders at Fortune. Probably my expectations were a little too high..

Location: This hotel has a great locational advantage compared to some of the other upmarket hotels in Ooty. This hotel is opposite Rose Garden. The Ooty town (Charring Cross) is just a 10 min walk. Other attractions are very close too. This hotel looked so near yet so far away from the hustle and bustle of Ooty. That to me is a great advantage.

Hotel & Rooms: The European styled lobby is really really special. When I checked in, I was told that my room was upgraded to Club. The bathroom was very small but had a good bath tub. Expected it to be a little more cozy and spacious in a hotel like fortune.. But had 24 hour hot water.. showers and toiletries were good.. No issues with those. Room had a comfortable bed, tv and a dvd player. It had a decent view (no balcony though) of the lawn and the hills. Only two days later, I realized that the lawn belonged to the hotel. There was a small path leading to the garden and my wife and I were the only souls to walk into. I am sure no guest would have even realized that its Fortune’s property as there was a fence for most part that separated the hotel from it.. It had a very small children’s play area on the other side. But nothing great.

Food : Breakfast was included in my tariff but was very ordinary and disappointing. It showed that we were being provided something free of cost (but actually not). I had lunches and dinners outside though. There’s a bar though I didn’t try it.

Service: Room Service and other amenities were ok but I thought it could have been better. They have a home theater room with some DVD collections. When I thought I will try that , the front office told me that the speakers had been removed from the room for another party and it was not possible to watch. They were not very forthcoming to say the least. I guess I asked them twice but ultimately they didnt do anything. They said they were charging a mammoth Rs.1600 for taxi for 4 hours. So its better to get cheaper taxi deals from outside. I took one for the entire day for 850. Moreover, I thought the hotel had a centralized heater but when I asked them to switch on at night, I was told I would be given extra bedsheets, if needed. (come on, man....)
So overall I felt I had a good time but felt it could have been definitely better.

My two cents - to people who need value for their money, consider other options for this cost. For those, who just require a comfortable stay overall closer to Ooty town, you can definitely try Fortune.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank tour_bliss
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Great Property, at a great location.....has a great view of the hills...Food was expensive but worth it - every meal was fantastic.
Has good recreational activities for kids too.
Can improve on the Massueurs and the Steam Sauna timings....
The reception has only one phone which if busy, is difficult to get through. Also, though the Toilets are clean, we could do with some air fresheners etc as we felt a particular kind of smell that recurs in the Toilet....

But on the Whole, it was a great property, Excellent food and I enjoyed every bit of it.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2011

the location of sullivan court makes it ideal for close ness to city yet not losing the proximity to nature

the features and service is just right for an outstanding holiday

food is good , but can be better

staff needs a special appreciation , Mr. Dinesh on the front desk stands apart

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2011

It is one of the best places to stay in Ooty.Well maintained with all the basic things well looked after.Cosy and quiet.
Its tad expensive for a 3-star property .The special services desk is unresponsive.The quality of food can be improved.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple