“A wonderfull pleasing experience.”
Review of Mount 'n' Mist

Mount 'n' Mist
bangalore
“A wonderfull pleasing experience.”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

it was already late in the evening, I had booked this resort after reading reviews on expedia. We did not have much expectation. After looking around the rooms, location and service. it was worth every penny spent. Thanks to all the curtious staff. Throughly enjoyed the stay there.

Thanks mount and mist

maruthi05, Owner at Mount 'n' Mist, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on Trip Advisor & you are the 100th reviewer

to rate our resort as excelent..We are the first resort/hotel to achieve this feat in less than one
year of commissioning..

It was a great pleasure having you with us and I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us at Mount n Mist.

We were all delighted to read such positive comments as it serve as a great motivation to all of us and I sincerely thank you for that.

09443002000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I booked the room based on the reviews and the photos on TripAdvisor. The place lived upto its reputation. Ravi is very helpful and Jolly, the Manager is pretty jolly. The service is good and the view is superb. The drive from the resort ot Ooty is quite exciting, especially in the rain. The chef Akbar is quite accommodating and doles out super dishes. However all those who do not like boiled rice should carry rice so that the chef can cook it and provide. I request Ravi to provide Basmati Rice to people who wish. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay of 3nights at Mount n Mist. I shall surely go to the same place, if I choose Ooty as a holiday destination next time. Thanks to all the staff at Mount n Mist.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
maruthi05, Owner at Mount 'n' Mist, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Greetings from Mount n Mist!
At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to the Queen Of Hill Station Ooty. I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with your experience of our services,activities and facilities .I am equally elated with your kind words of recognition . Such recognition goes a long way in keeping us motivated and help us to excel in our services to our valuable guests. .

We are very happy you are the 150th reviewer.

I look forward to welcoming you during your next visit to Mount n Mist and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Mount n Mist has a very pleasant locale. I stayed there for 3 nights and must say i never thought of visiting any other view points in ooty. The USP of the place is Mr. Ravi, Mr. Jolly, Chef Akbar and other staffs. They are very hospitable and make your stay comfortable. Chef Akbar is always ready to serve you with delicious food no matter whether it is in the menu or not. I was advised to go for local sight seeing by bike and must say i thoroughly enjoyed the mountain view and ride. If anyone happens to rent a bike at mount n mist i would advise to take alternate route to ooty other than the mudumalai one, atleast once during the day time. The alternate route is little tricky but it offers great pleasure to your eyes through scenic beauty.
I would wrap up saying that "Mount N Mist offers everything you need" if you request them in advance.

Thank you Ravi, Jolly & Akbar.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
maruthi05, Owner at Mount 'n' Mist, responded to this review, May 17, 2013

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed May 14, 2013

After a long tiring year, I took my much deserved break with my wife, and decided to break the shackles and visit Ooty, and enjoy a drive in my new Volvo s80 3.2, which i had been longing to test on the highways since the first week of March.

When we reached Ooty, most of the resorts were booked, and somehow we found a room in DingleDale resort, and I MUST SAY it was HOPELESS! We paid Rs 2500 for a room that had nothing, and they don't even provide basic stuff like toiletries, towels - c'mon that's ridiculous, isn't it?

Well, that's why we had to check out, and look for a better option. We came to know that our favorite hotel "Willow Hill" was under renovation after some fire incident, and Kings Cliff and a few other options were totally booked. That's when we came across Mount n Mist on TripAdvisor, while browsing through the options, and it had rave reviews, so we decided to give it a try.

When we reached the post, police guys weren't allowing us to enter that road (probably worried that I might speed up downhill in my s80!) - I decided to call up Mount n Mist and inform them, and the owner Mr. Ravi promptly came to receive us, and I knew that we'd certainly get friendly service at that place - and boy was I wrong! We just loved the place, and we even got a bigger room, because all the smaller ones were sold out.

The owner didn't even charge us extra for the bigger room, and we had a blast at the hotel. The weather was very pleasant, and the view is simply ecstatic!

The food was very nice, and so was the service. Due to occasional powercuts, the intercom stopped working, but the manager promptly came to us and apologized for inconvenience, which was again very professional on his part.

The tariff is absolutely VFM, when you see that most of the C-grade resorts are also charging Rs2000-3000/day in Ooty, and Mount n Mist also arranges trekking trips, though we just chose to relax, and did some local sightseeing and shopping in Ooty because we aren't adrenaline junkies.

On the whole, I'd highly recommend Mount n Mist to all those who want a relaxing stay, and a word of caution would be to STAY AWAY from DingleDale, unless you don't value your money!

I'll certainly be back to Mount n Mist this August, and recommend this nice resort to all Bangaloreans travelling to Ooty - need I say more? (btw it's located on 9th hair-pin turn, so you don't even have to go up all the way - you can stop by, relax, and then do the Ooty sightseeing next day)

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor to get the best view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OmThoke
maruthi05, Owner at Mount 'n' Mist, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on Trip Advisor.

Bangalore
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Excellent place for those who want to relax in a quite and calm place.Well furnished excellent room with flexibility of multiple room option(inter connected). The rooms face overlooking the mountains which you can enjoy sitting in your room and also from the wide and comfortable balcony. It also has cute little garden for relaxation and also to have food.Food is vary good with excellent hospitality.The owner Mr.Ravi makes you feel comfortable by taking care personally.It was also nice to know that Mr.Ravi is a kannadiga which makes you feel at home. Great place to stay..

maruthi05, Owner at Mount 'n' Mist, responded to this review, May 14, 2013

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Peaceful stay. Hotel overlooking the mountain is the best thing making the stay more pleasant.Service is good with excellent hospitality and good food.

This is 12 kms before Ooty making it very pleaseful away from the city traffic.

Suggestion: Please add a swimming pool.

maruthi05, Owner at Mount 'n' Mist, responded to this review, May 10, 2013

Pune, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Its a great place to stay for someone who is coming to Ooty to relax, away from all the chaos and traffic of ooty this hotel is in natural surrounding with actual mountain n mist. To add to that the hospitality from owner Mr Ravi n his team is great. The kitchen provided us low spices food we needed for our kids n spicy barbecue as we wanted. We were 2 families staying there with 2 kids both 3yr and overall it was the best experience living in mountain in India with family.

Room Tip: There are single rooms and 2 room suites all with a great view of mountains.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
maruthi05, Owner at Mount 'n' Mist, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on Trip Advisor.