Mount 'n' Mist
Gem Park-Ooty(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
$115
Sabol Holiday Resorts(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))(Great Value!)
$117
  • Breakfast included
Sinclairs Retreat Ooty(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
$90
$81
Hotels.com
Sherlock Hotel(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
$67
$56
  • Breakfast included
Taj Savoy Hotel, Ooty(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
$156
Sterling Ooty Elk Hill(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
$135
$126
  • Breakfast included
La Flora Amberley Resort(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))(Great Value!)
$38
$23
  • Breakfast included
Astoria Residency(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))(Great Value!)
$47
Agoda.com
Hotel Mayura Sudarshan Ooty(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))(Great Value!)
$54
  • Restaurant
Hotel Lakeview(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
$45
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewscommon balconyghat roadmanager mrspecial thanksmaintained gardenbeautiful locationplace to stayooty townpleasant stayscenic beautyhis teamhotel is situatedawesome placemain townsight seeingthe hotel managerhustle bustle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed in Mount n mist recently. Overall our stay was nice. Here is my review

Positives(what you may like)

1. Nice location (Dont expect it to be paradise or heaven then you will feel good)

2.Mr Ravi(owner) and jolly (manager) are nice people
3.Most of Veg food was tastey.
4.Hotel is clean
5.They have trekking option(charge 300 per head)
6.Value for money.

Negatives(What you may not like)

1.Dont have ventilation for some rooms. Room door acts like room window. I was depressed to realise this on first day.I was tired

when I woke up after first night stay. AC can solve this problem.
2.There is not much privacy because of common balcony in each floor. Small family/couples may not like.
3.Room's door has thin glass. If someone wants to enter the room, just one small kick to the door is enough. You may not feel

safe. All rooms are easily accessible to any outsider if he knows this. No security gate/compound to the property.
4. The resturant staff need to learn some formalities of treating guests.
5. I went their expecting it to be heaven or paradise. Tripadvisor ratings/reviews are not matching my expectation.
6. Breakfast need more variety.

I selected this based on TripAdvisor rating. I was not 100% satisfied. Next time I need to be smart and not just depend on

tripadvisor rating.

This is very good place for you if you dont care about negatives and care only positives I mentioned.

Room Tip: If you stay in room with no ventilation, open bath room window and bath room door :).
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
maruthi05, Owner at Mount 'n' Mist, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on Trip Advisor.

It was a great pleasure having you with us and I am glad to read that you have enjoyed the location,cleanliness and also the value at Mount n Mist.
Regarding A/C to be provided The temperature at Ooty is 8-10 degrees and it gets very cold.
So it cannot be provided.
We do have 24/7 security Guards at the resort where outsiders cannot enter the resort.

All your concerns will be looked into and rectified.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

if anyone want changes and relaxation from hectic life,and daily routine,and plan for a vacation in ooty then i suggest they must choose mount n mist,i was there for three days,with my husband.we were not sure for the hotel but after reaching to the hotel,all the fears was gone away.it was just amazing.i love the location of hotel.well maintained hotel,rooms gardens.it was like just heaven.we enjoyed a lot in ooty,but the best thing of my trip was MOUNT N MIST.
we planned this trip to celebrate first wedding aniversary hotel staff arranged a candle light dinner on that day and it was very good and well decorated table and a lovely cake,thanx alot for making my special day beautiful,but scared about the hotel,my hubby is very conscious about a good stay,and he was surprised and satisfied too.when we were leaving from mount n mist he said "we will come oooty again just to stay in this hotel,we will not go for any sight seeing." i think this is a very big compliment for the hotel.
food was too good.hotel staff is very friendly and helping.service was also good.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Mount n Mist!
At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to the Queen Of Hill Station Ooty. I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with your experience of our services,activities and facilities .I am equally elated with your kind words of recognition . Such recognition goes a long way in keeping us motivated and help us to excel in our services to our valuable guests. .

I look forward to welcoming you during your next visit to Mount n Mist and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

Regards
9443002000

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We had booked rooms at Coonoor Club till the day we were leaving for Coonoor via Ooty from the plains of Coorg - last minute my mother pitched in to join us [a couple & 2 kids] . so we requested the Coonoor club to allot us another room - as peak summer vacation season they did not have another room. After this did make calls to couple of hotels after surfing the web world. I made up my mind to check the rooms of hotel or farm stay in person and then take a call with regards to our stay in and around Ooty. Did not want to take any chance as i was travelling with family. As we were driving up Kalhatty ghats - we were happy that the weather was getting very pleasant unlike the typical summer weather on the plains. Saw the Mount n mist sigh board towards our left - i asked my wife to dial the number mentioned and i started to check the hotel review on TP in the smart phone. I spoke to Ravi the owner and i told him that i was outside the hotel and willing to check the place subject to availability. He was very kind and requested us to check the hotel and also to get in touch with Jolly the manager. My kids and mom stayed back in the car - while myself and wife accompanied by Jolly went to check the rooms. It was 7.30 in the evening and i was impressed by the weather -very soothing in summer and the rooms were good too. Felt the freshness in the air around the hills. Jolly is a friendly guy willing to help you with your queries. He understood that the family had traveled a long distance and he immediately made all the arrangements for check in. I asked how much advance do i pay - he said we can finish the formalities at leisure in the morning. Appreciated the gesture. We took 2 rooms and were happy to to be here without any prior booking -especially the number one rated on TripAdvisor.

Weather at night got cold outside - to our surprise we were in the midst of a passing cloud at times. We loved this experience in summer. Met Ravi during breakfast and he is very friendly and helped us to plan our day and also he spoke about the trek routes in and around the hotel and the also the possibility of wild life spotting. Got inspired to trek after hearing to Ravi but my mom was not at her best in old age to Trek - so we dropped the plans. To our surprise Jolly offered us to get our car cleaned - this is an extended service offered by the team of mount n mist without any extra charges. This may seem small but a real treat for the ones who love their cars. At the hotel while conversing with Ravi -we ordered for coffee and they served us instant coffee - having come from Coorg and being a coffee lover - we requested them for a coffee from coffee day vending machine. Ravi immediately instructed the staff to cancel the previous order and we got fresh brewed coffee. Felt nice sipping fresh coffee overlooking the hills. We also met the main chef and conversed with him with regards to his specialty and his favorites. It helped us to freeze on the menu. Must say food is good.

The staff at hotel did seem very busy during the peak breakfast hour -especially if all the rooms are full. In between you request them and they are kind at the service. 90 % of the view in front of the room is pristine and nice - 10 % is marred by the few concrete coming up to the extreme right. hope we aren't asking for too much solitude. But for sure this location is heaven in comparison to concrete Ooty.

One suggestion the windows in the bathroom can be meshed or netted to avoid insects coming in during night . As they are attracted to lights at night.

No complaints with food,service and location - with regards to the price what you are paying its value at its best.. Ravi and Jolly are courteous to hear to the client and their needs. They will for sure do everything possible to make your stay comfortable within their limitations. They will for sure offer or serve what they have with at most sincerity. In short they have willingness to serve.

I am looking forward for my next trip and do trek around and if lucky spot the Tiger.

Room Tip: This place offers 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom and a family room with 2 double cots,separated by a curtain- make sure you speak to the manager or owner prior booking with regards to what type of room you shall be allotted.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ecohabitat
maruthi05, Owner at Mount 'n' Mist, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on Trip Advisor.

It was a great pleasure having you with us and I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us at Mount n Mist.

We were all delighted to read such positive comments as it serve as a great motivation to all of us and I sincerely thank you for that.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future

Reviewed May 1, 2013

The one amazing trip, that can be remembered forever. After a long try, we got the reservation in Mount n Mist as the vacation is being around the corner. With friends, i stayed there. we just loved the ambiance and had a very wonderful time there.

I really appreciate the hospitality. Ravi being the owner, was very helpful in arranging the transport and suggesting places. We visited most of unusual places in Ooty which were not in our actual plan and which were suggested by him.

I strongly recommend this resort to those who plan to have a good time.

-Saleema

Room Tip: we stayed in first floor, we liked it there.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Saleema Begum Z
maruthi05, Owner at Mount 'n' Mist, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Mount n Mist!

Regards
9443002000

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Holidays are meant to be relaxing and peaceful and Mount n Mist is one place that can
provide it. we visited ooty on April 27,2013(last weekend) and stayed in mount n mist with a couple of my friends. V decided to go for a quiet, relaxed and natural place and after 13 hours of journey from Chennai(horrible journey) v got to Ooty where Mr. Ravi (owner of the resort) welcomed us and he was so friendly and happy person picked us up from the bus stop
and took us to the resort which is 20 mins away from the town.We booked Mount-n-Mist through phone.

When we reached the hotel we realized that name of the hotel "Mount n Mist" is justified.
we stayed in mount n mist for 2 days. The rooms and facilities are excellent and very quiet with fantastic views over the valley.The owners and staff are social at just the right level and they go to great length to make you feel at home.

Well maintained room with a hygiene maintained bathroom.
Pleasant place to stay and enjoy the nature of Nilgiris.
Awesome view, Comfortable and Well Equipped Rooms, warm Service that makes you feel at home.. beautiful gardens and well maintained and Yummy food made us happy.
v visited dodabetta,tea museum,lake etc.

Next morning v had been to trekking it was a thrilling experience.Trekking is such a lovely experience,was amazed by the beauty of the landscapes and the wild life.
Then we decided to go to Avalanche- fantastic place(suggested by Ravi) 30 km from ooty. It was beyond expectation and imagination. It looked more like a foreign location. We spent 2 hours traveling and spent around 3 hours there.. Its a fantastic feeling...Please do go without fail...

Special Thanks to Mr Ravi- Manager, he personally takes care of everything, made arrangement for sightseeing and ended up giving us complete satisfaction!!!!
I highly recommend this place, whoever is looking for a break from the busy City Life (specially Chennai), it will be a perfect place to chill :) I had a great time with my frenz :) V njoyed lot!!!!!!!!

And as many people have written before. Mount N Mist is a place you would definitely come back to and recommend to your friends and families.We would like to stay here again if we happen to go to ooty in future.
I would like to thank the entire team of MOUNT N MIST for making our stay so pleasant and very comfortable:):)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
maruthi05, Owner at Mount 'n' Mist, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Madam,