“Charming and Quaint”
Review of Mount 'n' Mist

Mount 'n' Mist
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We were a family of 4, 2 children aged 4 and 2 years stayed in mount n mist for 1D.We planned to stay for 2D/2N, but had to cut short by a day. We arrived from mysore at around 12 noon. We were accorded a warm welcome by the owner Mr Ravi. We went for a Queen Suite, which has a living room,bedroom with a nice swing in a cul-de sac.The bathroom was equipped with a bathtub.
The only problem was the hand wash did not have provision for hot water.Food was served fast and the boys were efficient.The breakfast buffet, though, needs some fine tuning.It consisted of
Idly and bread with butter/ jam.Very basic.On request, a room heater was provided, though, it did little to lessen the cold.
If you like to stay in an out of the way resort, away from ooty, with nature as your company, go for this hotel.
Overall excellent value for money,Queen's suite was Rs 2800/- plus tax.
Special mention for the able manager Mr Jolly.

Room Tip: Queens Suite or Kings Suite on the upper deck.Just Awesome
4  Thank GopiCorp
maruthi05, Owner at Mount 'n' Mist, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Hi Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your stay at Mount n Mist. We are happy you liked the ambiance and enjoyed the various activities at the resort. Your feedback is valuable to us and we will start work on your concerns with immediate effect. Hope to see you at Mount n Mist resort soon.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I loved ooty only coz of this hotel. Ooty is all about scenic beauty n this hotel is amidst the nature. It has got 15 rooms n all the rooms are valley facing. It has a beautiful lawn n The food is also good. Everything is well maintained and u will feel like staying here again n again. Not to forget, the manager is very helpful and sincere. Keep up the good wvork.

4  Thank Shrija1234
maruthi05, Owner at Mount 'n' Mist, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear SIR ,

Greetings from Mount n Mist Ooty ...

Thank you for visiting Mount n Mist.

We strive to make your experience at the Mount n Mist one you will remember forever.

Once again special thanks to you for your kind words for the hotel .Your continued patronage and suggestions are a vital part of our growth. And for that, we are most grateful.

We value your trust in our company, and we will do our best to meet your service expectations.

Thank you again for the opportunity to have you as our guest.

We look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I zeroed down on this hotel through tripadvisor only, & I was completely satisfied with the service,food & the location. The resort is surrounded by the best of the nature.. the landscapes are a treat to the eyes .. Trekking is a must have......I really want to thank MR Ravi a real gem of a person ,down to earth......If anybody wants to spend some quality time in ooty MOUNT N MIST the place.............. I have no hesitation in recommending this resort to any one who wants to relax.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank udrocks_12
maruthi05, Owner at Mount 'n' Mist, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thanks for posting your review at Mount n Mist and glad to hear that you enjoyed the location and service!!
We are most thankful for the valuable feedback. It is indeed a team effort with an unwavering goal towards guest satisfaction, which constantly motivates us to be on our toes.
It is truly rewarding to note that your stay with us was comfortable and it is our constant endeavor to serve you better.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and rest assured, we shall ensure all personal care.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 22, 2013

My friend and I had the most pleasant stay in this place. The location, food, staff and the amenities are superb. The resort is nestled in the side of a hill which commands a panoramic view of the valley. Below the resort is a quilt-like layout of vegetable farms. One could spend hours watching the activities below. Our room was very comfortable and the housekeeping staff were very efficient. On the day of our departure the owner, Ravi, was kind enough to drive us in his car to Ooty bus station where he arranged for tickets to our onward destination. I have no hesitation in recommending this resort to any one who wants to relax. If you are into trekking the staff provides the services of forest trekkers.

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Esmail J
maruthi05, Owner at Mount 'n' Mist, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Guest

Greetings from Mount n Mist, Ooty!!!

Thank you for sharing your experiences at the Hotel on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to know that the services rendered were up to your expectations. It is feedback such as yours that inspire us to strive for greater heights of excellence in our services.

Thanking you once again for your valuable feedback and looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Mount n Mist, Ooty.
Yours is a relationship we cherish.

Sincerely Yours

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Pros :

It was a very nice gesture to provide free food for our driver.

Though we did not use it, I saw provision for camp fire. I can only imagine how beautiful it would be to sit near a camp fire and admire the stunning view it offers.

Cons:
There was no hot water. It was a nightmare to bathe with cold water in such low temperature. I am sure that was a one of instance and that the management would rectify it.

Verdict:
Would I rent this cottage again? Definitely
Would I recommend my friends/family to go there? Absolutely
Is it reasonably priced? Yes

Room Tip: All the rooms have the same view. So there is no difference which room you take.
1  Thank Nikhil S

Dear

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I zeroed down on this hotel after considering my budget and requirements (we are a couple with a 5 months old baby). They did everything to suffice my comfort starting from couple of hours early check – in due to my train timing. The location is stunning and enthralling…..room design is really good, it’s not the kinda mountain facing windows, out of the four sides of a room one side is completely made up of glass with the main door on that.
The hotelier mr.ravi and his team are very warm people to move with, on my apprehensions about my child’s requirements he said, I quote “I’ll take care sir”. He lived 100% upto his words. This has provision for group activities like camp – fire, barbeque, etc. Absolute value for every penny spent. This one gets a strong recommend from my end. Though the taste and quality of food is good, assortment could still be improved.

Room Tip: any room is good.
1  Thank krtkyn
maruthi05, Owner at Mount 'n' Mist, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Hi Mr.Karthickeyan

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Pros :
Excellent maintenance, courteous staff, stunning view, no last minute surprises in the bill, complimentary breakfast, free wifi, tasty and almost home like food (very little masala)

It was a very nice gesture to provide free food for our driver.

Cons:

Verdict:
Would I rent this cottage again? Definitely
Would I recommend my friends/family to go there? Absolutely
Is it reasonably priced? Yes

Room Tip: The cottage is in such a direction that all the rooms offer an excellent view.
1  Thank Shy10ck
maruthi05, Owner at Mount 'n' Mist, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Hi Mr.Nikhil

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your stay at Mount n Mist. We are happy you liked the ambiance and enjoyed the various activities at the resort. Your feedback is valuable to us and we will start work on your concern with immediate effect. Hope to see you at Mount n Mist resort soon.